Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [biplrsaba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, you have two options here.

You can continue being a complete dickhead (because, I know you don't THINK you are - but you are) and don't do anything to MSantos, whom you intentionally deceived - and then you will NEVER sell anything to anyone on ST again. Seriously, after this, if you continue being a dick, you think anyone is going to risk it?

Your second option is to admit that what you did was shady, and then apologize for not only sending a crappy crank in the first place, but also for the way you've acted after the fact. Send back the stuff you all traded for, cover his costs, and then MAYBE people will buy from you again.

Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I k ow everything will buy from you. But I won't. That crank is in poor condition at best, you grind out that 1000 Km
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, ST should have some sort of user name and rating system. I've bought several things and had very good experience, this made me want to return the favor to ST'ers by describing, detail photos and good packaging. However, with a seller rating it will keep the very few bad apples off this post! This person should be banned and any other known aliases.

Seller should have took cranks back and returned money, not threaten legal action. This goes against the spirit of the forum.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the things I've done is to keep one message (usually the last one where I tell them how awesome the deal was) in my message folder. That way if I see them selling something else I'll be inclined to bump the post for them with a thumbs up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roadhouse. Is that you?
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [MSantos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, that blows. What a POS.

I had a guy calling himself Avsfan try to sell me a nonexistent edge 800 a few days ago.

I don't feel like retyping/rehashing all that, but among other things he tried to get me to pay pal the funds as a "gift" so that I would truly be screwed in any dispute.

Anyway, the gentleman that posted above that knows everything PM'd Jordan who banned the ahole and all his IP addresses.

I know avsfAn apparently had a history, but that appears to be the case here a well. As much as he was begging the moderators to get involved earlier, that might not be bad idea and I don't think result will be quite what he was looking for.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good idea to bump good sellers. It would help others too when they see a post validated by other well known ST members.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Class Act: mrodaddy

After inquiry, he sends me the brakes he's selling, PRIOR to payment. Offers return shipping if I don't like it. I get it shortly, barrel adjusters missing, he sends them out days after. One of them is for a different set. He looks through his pile once again. Meanwhile I leave for a week, his unpaid brakes in my living room. Couple weeks after I first get the brakes, he couldn't locate the missing barrel. After several exchanges he succumbs and asked how much I would pay as is, to which I offered his asking minus the price of one barrel adjuster. He agrees, and knocks over 10% off my offer.

For every mrodaddy there is biplrsaba. ST has to weed out the scums from this site. I'm also making a move with Craigslist since it's also his place of operation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too recently had a bad run-in with someone here. I commented on his shipping charges, and he threatened legal action, and then looked up all my postings and told me what an idiot I was for the questions I've posted on ST. :)
Some folks are just rotten.

He's bullshitting with the legal talk, like they all do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first, I would consider those in fair to poor shape. I guess I rate my stuff differently. I am suprised he didn't even make an attempt to clean it up a bit. Second always get clear photos. If the photos are blurry and you cant see it, either they do not know how to take photos of they are trying to make it blurry to hide something.

Lesson learned, when buying here you are buying at your own risk, make sure you know what you are getting up front. Don't feel bad asking for additional pictures and be specific, nothing wrong with that. Selling and accepting these as excellent is shameful.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do the serial numbers match between the cranks in the sellers photos and the ones you received? To me, they don't even look like the same cranks (condition wise). If they are I think the seller took some photos of the cranks when he first got them, used the cranks and then sold them to you using old photos in the ad. I have 5+ year old mountain bike cranks that look to be in MUCH better condition than those.

Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
biplrsaba wrote:
My local craiglist ad I have reposted for all to see. Thing the that seems to be missed during my execution is that the word USED. as in excellent used condition. Also a take home from that ad is the 1000K of usage might be a clue on the condition of the cranks. This ad was sent to the buyer so he could look at the pics of the cranks before we agreed to the trade. I have reposted the listing from Craiglist so all are welcome to judge condition from the pics of the cranks so please judge for yourself. BTW these were my race cranks and I am loathe to think my personal mechanic would put his rep and my health on the line with suboptimal gear.

This is not excellent used condition. This isn't even good used condition This is poor used condition. 1000k of usage on road should not lead to anywhere near this kind of condition and it certainly is not a 'clue' to the absolutely poor condition of these cranks. The photos in your Craigslist add do not convey the this either. This is bullshit.

What I don't get... How is paypal even involved in a trade?

Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
What I don't get... How is paypal even involved in a trade?
I think he said there was cash involved as well.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate it when people say $5 for shipping or I ask if it'll fit in a small flat rate box and they agree it will... then send it out at a cheaper price... sumbitch!

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [damnilocano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Always one bad apple. To me...1,000 miles should be much better condition than that.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's more than one.

I had a crap trade here last year. Soured me for a long time, and the guy is still on here always trolling the classifieds.

Caveat Emptor.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
eclouis wrote:
Several Forums I'm on have a good trader / bad trader area for comments and remarks. You can even get blacklisted.
The site I can refer to is archerytalk.com.
As much traffic as ST gets, may not be a bad idea.
Craig

I'm on Honda-Tech and they have a hugh list of the bad sellers and buyers that you needto be aware of before making a deal.

I think ST admins might want to look into something like this. Have it be an Admin that places names on the list after a buyer or seller sends them a grevience and admin checks it out. I would hate to see someone get listed when they shouldn't.

We do this on VWVortex also. We also have a list of good sellers. Once a name gets a few strikes, they stop trying to peddle their stuff. The Vortex has a ton of sub-forums and I can really only speak about the Scirocco and Corrado classifieds, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the classified forums have an ongoing list. Sometimes they resurface under a different SN but they get outed soon enough.

Quote | Reply
Seems we all fell victim. At the very least he's been exposed. He should have been reported from the first incident. Let this be the last.

I've also contacted Craigslist about his account/listing in the Baltimore/DC area where he's from.

If the MODs feel obliged to act on this, so be it. It's my duty to look out for fellow members out there, expecting the same from you guys.

LET'S KEEP SLOWTWITCH CLEAN.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MSantos wrote:
Seems we all fell victim. At the very least he's been exposed. He should have been reported from the first incident. Let this be the last.

I've also contacted Craigslist about his account/listing in the Baltimore/DC area where he's from.

If the MODs feel obliged to act on this, so be it. It's my duty to look out for fellow members out there, expecting the same from you guys.

Just to be clear... mine was a different guy.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [Kikuchiyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kikuchiyo wrote:
MSantos wrote:

Just to be clear... mine was a different guy.

Who was it? People that don't deal in an honest and forthright manner don't deserve the benefit of anonymity.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Who was it? People that don't deal in an honest and forthright manner don't deserve the benefit of anonymity.

I'll PM you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's your response to the Paypal Claim:

"The items sent were in tip top condition, and were D2 racing standard condition. The cranks were sent USPS with tracking number"

Enlighten me. What are D2 racing standards? I just might win that race with these cranks you sent me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, college Division 2 standards? I know I raced in college, and we ALL rode on crap equipment... so maybe he is being honest!

Quote | Reply
I typically don't ask for pics unless it's something like cranks/bb so I can inspect the bb cup threads and chain rings. I'm a bit weird in the sense that I go way overboard on my items in describing anything that could be construed as not perfect. Under promise/over deliver. On the flip side when on the receiving end I'm not very particular on cosmetics, but very particular on functionality. Function wins over looks for me.

With that said even I wouldn't ride those cranks for anything b/c the rings need to be replaced and I think I see rust at the base of the spindle too. Heaven knows what the cups look like.

This guy sounds like this isn't his first rodeo when it comes to misrepresenting his items, et al the sunglasses post. Sorry about your hassle man, we have all taken notice of his screen name and the city of D.C. for CraigsList.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you filed a "SNAD". 'Tip-Top condition' is not how I would rate those cranks. Unlike his previous comments to you, Paypal certainly does take issue with mis-representation of condition.

https://cms.paypal.com/...a/UserAgreement_full

Liability for Claims under PayPal Purchase Protection.

If a buyer files a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claim for an item they purchased from you, you will generally be required to accept the item back and refund the buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs. You will not receive a refund on your PayPal fees. Further, if you lose a SNAD Claim because we, in our sole discretion, reasonably believe the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed). PayPal Seller protection will not cover your liability.
Quote Reply

Prev Next