Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess I'm not the first victim. This only validates my case.

Exactly the same story. Bad product and the nerve to threaten with legal action.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [biplrsaba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
biplrsaba wrote:
My local craiglist ad I have reposted for all to see. Thing the that seems to be missed during my execution is that the word USED. as in excellent used condition. Also a take home from that ad is the 1000K of usage might be a clue on the condition of the cranks. This ad was sent to the buyer so he could look at the pics of the cranks before we agreed to the trade. I have reposted the listing from Craiglist so all are welcome to judge condition from the pics of the cranks so please judge for yourself. BTW these were my race cranks and I am loathe to think my personal mechanic would put his rep and my health on the line with suboptimal gear.

I have a ton of positive experiences as well as it seems now 2 bad. In my experience it seems the neg stuff also gets the town crier singing the loudest.

Finally this transaction is now a paypal dispute and I think appropriate that the mods keep this dispute between the 2 parties until the dispute is settled through paypal and not in jury of the internet.

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2838133705
Campagnolo 10 speed Chorus crank , ultra torque, cranks arms are 172.5 53/39. Used on the second bike these cranks are 1 years old but have not been raced, crashed, and have at most about 1000K on the chainrings. Selling only as surplus in the cranks department. Please note this is the ultra torque version not square taper, external bottom bracket cups English are required and included in the asking price.

No cracks, rubs, nor scuffing.

Work in NW Washington DC. Redline metro meeting is possible

Cash locally or paypal accepted.

Price is firm and fair.

link no work and I sense a contradiction.
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Feb 6, 12 15:27
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please search Washington DC craiglist under bike under campagnolo chorus. The first hit I get is my ad.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/bik/2838133705.html

Cannot get pics to upload to this site.

Case has now been elevated to dispute would appreciate mods locking this thread to paypal has concluded their resolution process!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craigslist link does not work. 1000K miles, is that like 1,000,000 miles?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So were they race cranks (which you say they are) or your second bike cranks and never raced (which you also say they are)?
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is useless without pics. Here's what I could find about the original add. I'd like to see pics about what the OP is talking about... I can already see scuffing on the crank arms (but it is a really crappy c-list pic), which seems to contradict the description in the add... Discuss!

http://socialeshopping.com/...2&cname=maryland
"Campagnolo 10 speed Chorus crank , ultra torque, cranks arms are 172.5 53/39. Used on the second bike these cranks are 1 years old but have not been raced, crashed, and have at most about 1000K on the chainrings. Selling only as surplus in the cranks department. Please note this is the ultra torque version not square taper, external bottom bracket cups English are required and included in the asking price.

No cracks, rubs, nor scuffing."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Judging from the not so great pics, they look like hell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know full well that a slowtwitch thread bashing your shady transaction has no effect on a Paypal dispute. Stop trying to get them to lock the thread in a lame attempt to save face. You screwed up, and you should make amends.

What's the famous line from that epic 4x4 thread? "Send him the gears!"

Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not siding with the seller, but I don't think so. Pics are too crappy to see any scuffing. Campy uses a different carbon for aesthetics. I think you may be mistaking that for a scuff.

beston wrote:
This thread is useless without pics. Here's what I could find about the original add. I'd like to see pics about what the OP is talking about... I can already see scuffing on the crank arms (but it is a really crappy c-list pic), which seems to contradict the description in the add... Discuss!

http://socialeshopping.com/...2&cname=maryland
"Campagnolo 10 speed Chorus crank , ultra torque, cranks arms are 172.5 53/39. Used on the second bike these cranks are 1 years old but have not been raced, crashed, and have at most about 1000K on the chainrings. Selling only as surplus in the cranks department. Please note this is the ultra torque version not square taper, external bottom bracket cups English are required and included in the asking price.

No cracks, rubs, nor scuffing."

Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that how campy cranks are supposed to look with that weird organic pattern?

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Rokko [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Rokko: Feb 6, 12 16:38
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [GREG_n_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GREG_n_SD wrote:
I'm not siding with the seller, but I don't think so. Pics are too crappy to see any scuffing. Campy uses a different carbon for aesthetics. I think you may be mistaking that for a scuff.

... I think you might be right. Given the picture you provided, I certainly don't have enough to go on to say that the logos have been scuffed.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [MSantos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not the first person to be had by someone from the forum. I had a deal go poorly and had the same threat of legal action by the seller. Fortunately this person makes enough of a bully of themselves that I don't need to warn others of him...they do a good enough job without my help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP has been updated with photos. I'll gladly delete this if someone convinces me that it is of excellent condition. Meanwhile, here's a message from the seller:

Just an FYI thatI look forward to fighting you in this paypal dispute. Paypal does not do quality control, caveat emptor(look it up) all I have to do is provide proof shipping and that cranks were sent as my 1/2 of the transaction sit back and let paypal kick back your case.

Sounds fairly experienced in this matter. Basically "F-You, buy at your own risk." He knew what he was doing, wasn't the first time, and he knows the risk, or lack thereof. He also has different names and email addresses.

I doubt you'll see the same username again but I'm pretty sure he has another.
Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably a newb question here, but why would the seller threaten legal action? Wouldn't the buyer be the one who would threaten legal action?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, THAT's "excellent used condition?" Holy sh*t.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting and very shady deal indeed. Paypal won't do shit for you but you should make a copy and link to this dude's post when he says they were his race cranks after his ad specifically states they have never been raced.

This Bi Polar guy should at least give you a few bucks back. That's normally what a reputable ebayer would do when they misrepresent the condition of a product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit dude, he USED that same "caveat empor, all I have to do is show I shipped it" bullshit with me....

Bob
Quote Reply
Post deleted by MSantos [ In reply to ]
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SHESH nice chipping and rust. Hope it all works out for you mate!

-------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see a problem with those...Look "Excellent" to me!

MSantos wrote:
So I come to an agreement with biplrsaba for which I will receive a set of cranks in "Excellent" condition. Trade value = $200. This is probably where I went wrong when I took his words and a couple of blurry photos. To my dismay I open a package with grease all over it, unveiling chainrings that had its coating come off, pain chips, and rust in areas of the crank. I'd be generous to give this a 6/10 while "Excellent' deems a 9/10 easily. This is a part that would find itself in the bottom of my junk pile.

All that after I received threats from the guy saying he'll contact local authorities, ST admins, legal action etc etc if I don't hold my end of the deal. A lot of nerve for someone who hasn't sent out his package himself. Endless warnings about not getting his product when the tracking number I gave him was not in the system yet. Basically clueless of the fact that tracking info doesnt show in the system immediately. Spent half the day pacifying him, providing all assurance short of delivering the product myself. In the end he gets his package overnight, as promised, condition as described. I'm left with a barrage of threats, unanswered messages and a POS product.

Bottomline, be careful who you deal with. I've had the pleasure of closing good deals here until now. Always cover your ass and watch out for warnings about the other person. Let's keep ST Classifieds a good place of business.

Pics Below:

Quote Reply
Re: First Bad Experience in Classifieds [KnightsofNever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something about the threat of suing for libel if I outed them for their poor business relations I believe was the rationale. It's one thing to be a dirty player..I guess it's another to let others know they are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude you really are bipolar. Is it 750 or 1000? Were the cranks on a sunday back up or race bike? Did granny use it too?

The craigslist ad you sent was bad. Then, and now.

This is not between the buyer and seller. It's between the seller and all potential future buyers. If nothing else it's a PSA.

Date Sent:
Jan 30, 12 14:33
yes the bb is included. I would say less than 750k as the crankset and bb were on a backup/Sunday bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burn the witch!

No, seriously, ban him.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your case...I definitely wouldn't be happy either - I have had nothing but awesome experience with buyers and sellers on this forum - case in point, I just bought a pair of Oakley's on ST - seller said that they were like new condition - a couple of years old - but he hardly wore them. I bought them - got them - told him they arrived and looked great (although I didn't really clean them) and then the night before my first run with them - cleaned them up and really inspected them. They did have scratches and 2 minor chips in the lens. Sent pics to the seller - he apologized and offered to fully refund my money + partial reimbursement for return shipping! That is a CLASS ACT!!!! I would certainly recommend him to anyone! It is this sort of transaction that instills confidence in this board - bottom line - this isn't a business - it is a bunch of guys and gals who love their sport - looking to give each other a break here and there...save eBay fees - get stuff a bit cheaper. In theory - works great - if everyone "buys in" ... unfortunately - there seems to be the odd person that doesn't.

I hope you win your case. I have had Paypal side with me in an Ebay case once. Seller sold me a Navi system for my Jeep - said it was "like new" - came with a scratched display - sent pics to Paypal and copies of the emails. He threatened me too - saying that Paypal would side with him ... and basically to go "stuff it"....last laugh - I won the case...even better - I contacted the original makers of the Navi system - the guy there replaced my screen and upgraded my HD - even though I didn't even buy the thing from them. I offered to pay for it - he said just pass on the good word to others - so if you have a Jeep/Dodge car - the Harman Becker makers of the stock Navi systems are without a doubt the best company I have dealt with EVER! I ended up keeping the system - but wanted the dude to sweat it out ... he was such a jacka$$.

Good luck and thanks for reporting your experience and the warning.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Prev Next