Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even credit card goes through PayPal for us. Where are you? If USA, we can find a way to Venmo, etc

Cheers

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chxddstri wrote:
culpritbicycles wrote:
Correct

We use PayPal but you can use credit card through PayPal. Did you have another preferred method?

I've had security problems with paypal in the past, so am reluctant to use it. Is it possible to call directly with credit card info, and purchase that way?

Very curious. What was your security problem?

The beauty of PayPal is that you give your card to them once, and they interface with the merchant and reimburse them, as opposed to giving multiple merchants your card. So security should be better with PayPal since they are known and trusted, as opposed to many small merchants.

Additionally, if a security breach occurs, you’re at greater risk with your card data at multiple merchants as opposed to one.
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Even credit card goes through PayPal for us. Where are you? If USA, we can find a way to Venmo, etc

Cheers

Joshua

yes, I'm in the US

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chxddstri wrote:
culpritbicycles wrote:
Correct

We use PayPal but you can use credit card through PayPal. Did you have another preferred method?

I've had security problems with paypal in the past, so am reluctant to use it. Is it possible to call directly with credit card info, and purchase that way?

I've never heard of anyone having a problem with PayPal, let alone 'problems'

What are these security problems you have had?
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [gunna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an entire website with thousands who have had problems

I lost $9,000 with PayPal
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
There is an entire website with thousands who have had problems

I lost $9,000 with PayPal

As a seller or a buyer?
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [gunna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buyer

Instead of the buyer sending the item they sent a dirty ashtray. They sent tracking info to PayPal

They found in the sellers favor. I contacted state atty generals office and PayPal banned me

This was 15 years ago Have repeatedly tried to get an account but unsuccessful

But then again before this all happened I bought a dodge viper paying through PayPal multiple 10k payments (their max at the time) and all went well so you never know
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I've heard many stories of dodgy buyers and Paypal siding with them over the seller, but never the other way around, that's terrible!
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
I’m not in tune with retailers, but thought I heard overall sales are down. The bike industry and Tri sales seem to be down also. Thinking this should translate into a return to some good Black Friday deals?

We've got 20% off going until Christmas at http://www.velovetta.com

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next