Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word on the ground over there was he forgot to bring some recording equipment. you assume sponsors would be annoyed
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [Nameofuser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This forum is weird, was it Triathlon Taren the ST hit squad was taking down a couple of years ago? Now its this poor dude.

Boils down to jealousy I'm guessing.
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [TheGOAT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheGOAT wrote:
Why does Jack have so many haters on Slowtwitch? He seems to be universally adored on social media, but it seems that some people on this form are jealous that he managed to carve out a high profile triathlon media profile for himself.

x2
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
This forum is weird, was it Triathlon Taren the ST hit squad was taking down a couple of years ago? Now its this poor dude.

Triathlon Taren kind of had it coming when he started blatantly shilling and going all hocus pocus with grounding mats and 20 watt increase from insoles etc.

But yeah, there are a stack of miserable old bitter people here that try to make themselves feel better by stirring shit. Pretty sad..
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [marginalgames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marginalgames wrote:
Word on the ground over there was he forgot to bring some recording equipment. you assume sponsors would be annoyed
That makes sense. He should have just said that. Pretty weird to say you're doing a live podcast then not actually put out a podcast, especially for your Patreon supporters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:

Ok, so explain it to me:

When I say:

I enjoy his podcast, he has some solid interviews, I really liked his episodes with Olav.
I don’t enjoy his commentating, he exaggerates too much to the point of making some very silly comments, like how a bridge overpass in Singapore was the equivalent of a queen stage in the TdF. I also don’t care for his trolly persona he puts out on Instagram.

Where the fuck is the jealousy?
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Ok, so explain it to me:

When I say:

I enjoy his podcast, he has some solid interviews, I really liked his episodes with Olav.
I don’t enjoy his commentating, he exaggerates too much to the point of making some very silly comments, like how a bridge overpass in Singapore was the equivalent of a queen stage in the TdF. I also don’t care for his trolly persona he puts out on Instagram.

You're jealous this guy's podcasts are so solid, that you feel the need to bash his persona on other criteria? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Ok, so explain it to me:

When I say:

You're jealous this guy's podcasts are so solid, that you feel the need to bash his persona on other criteria? :-)

While still praising the aspect I actually dislike? XD

Sounds more like copium by people that can’t deal with the fact that some people don’t like the things they like. Or by Australians that can’t deal with it their countryman being criticized for his style of commentating races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Ok, so explain it to me:

When I say:

Are you part of the ST hit squad? Odd how you took my comments so personally?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Ok, so explain it to me:

When I say:

Are you going to try and answer the question?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's got a solid podcast, knows his stuff, and get's great guests.

Anyways, the more popular and successful you get at something the more cranks out there that will try to crap on you. I doubt he cares though...
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [rhdevries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhdevries wrote:

Anyways, the more popular and successful you get at something the more cranks out there that will try to crap on you. I doubt he cares though...

I just find this so interesting. According to this line of thinking nobody should ever dislike anything, or if they do they should keep it to themselves and not have conversations with anyone.

Welcome to the internet, Australians. You must be new.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
rhdevries wrote:

I just find this so interesting. According to this line of thinking nobody should ever dislike anything, or if they do they should keep it to themselves and not have conversations with anyone.

Sorry, I should have wrote that I was responding in general on the thread, not to you as I didn't really read your post. It just seems that if I want to post I need to press 'reply' on the last post. It might be a fault in the forum tech.

Also, I'm not actually Australian, not sure why you think that.
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [rhdevries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhdevries wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
rhdevries wrote:

Sorry, I should have wrote that I was responding in general on the thread, not to you as I didn't really read your post. It just seems that if I want to post I need to press 'reply' on the last post. It might be a fault in the forum tech.

Also, I'm not actually Australian, not sure why you think that.

That part wasn't directed at you, sorry about that. There a few users in here complaining about the criticism which based on the slang they use it's obvious they are Australian.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You seem way too invested in this topic, nealry 30 responses. Can you point on the teddy bear where Jack touched you?
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
You seem way too invested in this topic, nealry 30 responses. Can you point on the teddy bear where Jack touched you?

And here you are still. The guy that “puts on his big boy pants” is still here complaining because some strangers on the internet say mean things about an Australian podcaster he likes.

But sure, it’s just me the one that’s too invested in this.

It’s called having a conversation/discussion/debate or whatever you want to call it. Either participate with some good arguments, or put on those pants of yours and sit down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you’re indirectly sort of kinda comparing Jack to Triathlon Taren, I must file an official protest.

I may not be a huge Jack Kelly fan, but he’s not a snake oil salesman trying to get people to swallow pills by the boatload.

So there’s no comparison between anti-TT Slowtwitch and anti-Jack Slowtwitch.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Sep 12, 23 22:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You seem angry, is everything OK? You cant change the world, but you can change you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
You seem angry, is everything OK? You cant change the world, but you can change you!

Oh snap! You got me, you got me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tulkas does seem angry. It's funny when he (presume Tulkas is a he?) thinks Australians can't handle Jack Kelly getting criticised and when Tulkas' comments get criticised, Tulkas gets really fired up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Jackets wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Ok, so explain it to me:

When I say:

He's had plenty of criticism in the PTO threads whether that's justified or not, I've thrown my 10p worth in myself in.

This thread is more of what is called a social media pile on these days, as pointed out, you seem to be in here attacking anyone defending him.

You've quite clearly expressed your opinion, so why not move on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To quote my daughter's Montessori school, the two of you need to go to your separate refill stations until you can get out of the red zone with one another. Let's avoid the personal bickering and get back on topic -- fair criticism/critique of Jack, fair defense of his approach.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Jackets wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Ok, so explain it to me:

When I say:

He's had plenty of criticism in the PTO threads whether that's justified or not, I've thrown my 10p worth in myself in.

This thread is more of what is called a social media pile on these days, as pointed out, you seem to be in here attacking anyone defending him.

You've quite clearly expressed your opinion, so why not move on?

No, I am not here attacking people defending him. I am here defending those getting attacked for not liking some aspects of the work he does.

So far I’ve been called: angry, jealous, a crank, a whiner, a “winger” (from the verb to winge), to “put on my pants”, to “get a life”, etc.

I’ll actually posit the complete opposite: there are people in this thread that are very angry that Kelly is getting criticized and are attacking those that are expressing said criticism.
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Kelly hypocrisy? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Tulkas does seem angry. It's funny when he (presume Tulkas is a he?) thinks Australians can't handle Jack Kelly getting criticised and when Tulkas' comments get criticised, Tulkas gets really fired up.

XD I’m not angry, I’m actually having fun. The personal attacks are a bit uncalled for but I’m sure the mods will take care of that when something gets out of hand.

So far nobody has directed any personal attacks towards Kelly, but I’ve been called a a few things simply because I said I don’t like his over-the-top, superlatives up the wazoo, style.
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Sep 13, 23 5:32
Quote Reply

Prev Next