Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Ben, I think the real value at the moment for the race ranger is just to let the athletes "know" if they are getting near or in the zone. As someone else mentioned, red is just getting there, and blue is in. I just saw a few reds, and folks pretty quickly backed out. Of course there needs to be enforcement, but to me this is by far the most important thing, just a little warning you are getting close, or have just crossed over.

I think most athletes want to ride clean, it is just a very hard thing to judge, especially 20 meters. I like that they can be downloaded afterwards to see how someone rode the "entire" course, but it does have to make adjustments for passing to be really helpful. I suppose each one has its own signature and it can tell how long someone was in the zone, so hopefully that have that capability.

I think it is a huge step in the right direction, so wouldn't be so quick to just dismiss it from your limited observations.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I think the real value at the moment for the race ranger is just to let the athletes "know" if they are getting near or in the zone.
Of course there needs to be enforcement, but to me this is by far the most important thing, just a little warning you are getting close, or have just crossed over.
I think most athletes want to ride clean, it is just a very hard thing to judge, especially 20 meters.
I think it is a huge step in the right direction, so wouldn't be so quick to just dismiss it from your limited observations.
Agree. Athletes want to take advantage but within the rules and electronic help gives them confidence to ride thus.

In trains (as opposed to just two riders) one of the issues is cutting in and this encourages riders to ride on the limit of the draft zone. Race Ranger allows riders making the pass to see whether, once they've made the pass (front wheel ahead), whether they've entered the next rider's zone: the light colour will evidence that threshold. And those lights can be seen by the moto refs alongside to help their judgement and decisions.
Quote Reply

Prev Next