Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
I was wondering if a guy could set up a non profit or something of the sort that could pool donations from "sponsors" that could then provide the initial capital for someone that wanted to host a race. Say you come to me and have a race you want to host, my NPO provides a $5,000 scholarship to cover the initial fees etc.

Said NPO would provide numbers and some other stuff splattered with the sponsors that contributed to the NPO. After the initial $5k or whatever is covered the remaining money gets split between NPO and host team.

This would leave the "host team" only liable for course set up etc. I know Endurance Promotions does a bunch of that stuff, just not sure how their business model is really set up.

I’ve had similar ideas floating through my mind. Happy to chat more on it too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

____________________________________________________

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boostedcvc wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:
I was wondering if a guy could set up a non profit or something of the sort that could pool donations from "sponsors" that could then provide the initial capital for someone that wanted to host a race. Say you come to me and have a race you want to host, my NPO provides a $5,000 scholarship to cover the initial fees etc.

Said NPO would provide numbers and some other stuff splattered with the sponsors that contributed to the NPO. After the initial $5k or whatever is covered the remaining money gets split between NPO and host team.

This would leave the "host team" only liable for course set up etc. I know Endurance Promotions does a bunch of that stuff, just not sure how their business model is really set up.

I’ve had similar ideas floating through my mind. Happy to chat more on it too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

The model I’ve considered: 501c3 formed, proceeds from the race go to local charities which enlists, hopefully, local support for the races. The great gravel and road courses are everywhere but it’s a ton or work for little return. It has to be a labor of love for bike racing. Maybe pay yourself for your time.
All that said, I’d still like to put on some great races. I think people want to race but there’s not as much organization now. I have a venue that could easily be a great CX World’s site. International airport 30 minutes away, major highways right to the site, 100+ acres to use. No brainer. Just need the experienced hands to execute.
PM if interested. I know of at least one former race promoter on the thread but he may be running in the opposite direction at the thought of doing it again.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
boostedcvc wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:
I was wondering if a guy could set up a non profit or something of the sort that could pool donations from "sponsors" that could then provide the initial capital for someone that wanted to host a race. Say you come to me and have a race you want to host, my NPO provides a $5,000 scholarship to cover the initial fees etc.

Said NPO would provide numbers and some other stuff splattered with the sponsors that contributed to the NPO. After the initial $5k or whatever is covered the remaining money gets split between NPO and host team.

This would leave the "host team" only liable for course set up etc. I know Endurance Promotions does a bunch of that stuff, just not sure how their business model is really set up.

I’ve had similar ideas floating through my mind. Happy to chat more on it too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

The model I’ve considered: 501c3 formed, proceeds from the race go to local charities which enlists, hopefully, local support for the races. The great gravel and road courses are everywhere but it’s a ton or work for little return. It has to be a labor of love for bike racing. Maybe pay yourself for your time.
All that said, I’d still like to put on some great races. I think people want to race but there’s not as much organization now. I have a venue that could easily be a great CX World’s site. International airport 30 minutes away, major highways right to the site, 100+ acres to use. No brainer. Just need the experienced hands to execute.
PM if interested. I know of at least one former race promoter on the thread but he may be running in the opposite direction at the thought of doing it again.

Where is the race location?

____________________________________________________

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boostedcvc wrote:
McNulty wrote:
boostedcvc wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:
I was wondering if a guy could set up a non profit or something of the sort that could pool donations from "sponsors" that could then provide the initial capital for someone that wanted to host a race. Say you come to me and have a race you want to host, my NPO provides a $5,000 scholarship to cover the initial fees etc.

Said NPO would provide numbers and some other stuff splattered with the sponsors that contributed to the NPO. After the initial $5k or whatever is covered the remaining money gets split between NPO and host team.

This would leave the "host team" only liable for course set up etc. I know Endurance Promotions does a bunch of that stuff, just not sure how their business model is really set up.


I’ve had similar ideas floating through my mind. Happy to chat more on it too. Shoot me a PM if interested.


The model I’ve considered: 501c3 formed, proceeds from the race go to local charities which enlists, hopefully, local support for the races. The great gravel and road courses are everywhere but it’s a ton or work for little return. It has to be a labor of love for bike racing. Maybe pay yourself for your time.
All that said, I’d still like to put on some great races. I think people want to race but there’s not as much organization now. I have a venue that could easily be a great CX World’s site. International airport 30 minutes away, major highways right to the site, 100+ acres to use. No brainer. Just need the experienced hands to execute.
PM if interested. I know of at least one former race promoter on the thread but he may be running in the opposite direction at the thought of doing it again.


Where is the race location?

Virginia
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, heartbreaking for Lotto in the points battle at Famenne. They played the race perfectly, with the team working their asses off all day, took control in the last kilo, then de Lie has a freak slide out with like 600m to go...all for nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mohoric flashing high race IQ and speed at CRO race to snatch victory. That on top of Mucho Mas showing Pogacar what’s up yesterday. Lombardia should be quite the brawl.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Oct 2, 22 8:34
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad result for Lotto. However, as a team, they're doing too little too late.

We'll be hearing a lot about De Lie in the future, though. The top-10 riders on the Lotto team have a current "score" of about 6660 points this year, and De Lie has accounted for more than one-third of that total (2230 points). (Next best rider on the team, Campenaerts, has 761 points.) AFAIK, De Lie is still racing as a neo-pro. Maybe not the next Cavendish, but he looks pretty good.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Mohoric flashing high race IQ and speed at CRO race to snatch victory. That on top of Mucho Mas showing Pogacar what’s up yesterday. Lombardia should be quite the brawl.

That was a nutty run in. On the sidewalks, shoppers diving for cover, cobbles.......it looked like a race just decided to blast through a town unannounced. I kind of liked it but where is the UCI oversight?
Nvm. Rhetorical.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize he benefited from a degree of nepotism. But this was a nice nod. I like the final image of him loading his own bike.

https://cyclingtips.com/...ride-of-juraj-sagan/
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great piece, thanks for sharing. As ironic as this sounds with Peto, I’ve always thought there’s a certain “authenticity” with him. Now his brother, too. Like they didn’t forget their roots and who helps them.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
I realize he benefited from a degree of nepotism. But this was a nice nod. I like the final image of him loading his own bike.

https://cyclingtips.com/...ride-of-juraj-sagan/

Nice.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 
>>but where is the UCI oversight?

On more important things than rider safety for the integrity of the sport. For example, sock height at Worlds.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pog smokes some big names to take Valle Veresine and another classic today. That's his 45th win already, which is hard to comprehend.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Start list for Trek CX is out. No Vos and no Neff, but Brand will be there.

Sven’s son and van der Haar also there.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good seeing the Tractor back at GP, up front.
I think for a second he thought he might win that sprint.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to see El Tractor with some facetime today.

Matteo with the nice set up for the Cortina win.
Quote Reply

Prev Next