Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
heyMartin wrote:
fun to see Puck doing one handed wheelie crossing the line in U23

Thibeau Nys was doing aerial tricks off a jump in the middle of the race in Wisconsin. Fun to see him not be super serious and trying to be dad (which he will likely never be, though he might develop into a regular top-3 guy).

Puck-Fem looks like it's going to develop into a great rivalry. Puck needs to learn to cool her jets a bit in the first half of races.

Youthful over exuberance and all that.

And van Empel is no slouch either when it comes to bursts and skill moves.

Brand might have her hands full when she returns from injury.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+ Vos, Alvarado and PFP. Women’s cross will likely be more unpredictable and better viewing than the dudes when the trio get back to it in a couple weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
+ Vos, Alvarado and PFP. Women’s cross will likely be more unpredictable and better viewing than the dudes when the trio get back to it in a couple weeks.

personally, i'm more interested in the women's racing at the moment. a handful of U23s who are among the very best in the world, legends like vos who can still bust out a world title now and then, brand a total monster when she's on, and then the enigma of PFP - i mean ... great stuff.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of, with van Baarle joining LaPorte and Wout, JV has a savage spring classics team. Along with it will come heaps of pressure to win.

And for GTs, UAE is mega stacked with addition of Yates, Grobscharnter and Wellens, not to mention signing Ayuso long term.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Nov 8, 22 6:35
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

personally, i'm more interested in the women's racing at the moment. a handful of U23s who are among the very best in the world, legends like vos who can still bust out a world title now and then, brand a total monster when she's on, and then the enigma of PFP - i mean ... great stuff.

Alvarado referenced "Trust The Process" yesterday!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkodkT5Nkxf/

That's some good shit!!! LOL

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cyclingtips has an article on Tom Dumoulin. It was a difficult read, as it is clear that he's going through some tough times. I wish him well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s hard to see. Hopefully he can find happier roads ahead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad to read. The 6 inches between the ears is the hardest part for everybody, no matter profession, ambition, capabilities, etc. Hope he finds some joy in his life.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm excited for the guy. He's into the great wide open. The divorce is a brutal change of course but there's so much great stuff out there for him to find. Thirty one? He's just getting going. Bon chance, TD.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Alvarado referenced "Trust The Process" yesterday!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkodkT5Nkxf/

That's some good shit!!! LOL

she's an interesting one too! i guess she's had a rough year or two, and it must be frustrating to be on a rough year when a bunch of teenagers start plowing through the ranks. i like her style, though, and hope 'the process' works!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently the process worked, she bagged the W at Superprestige today.

Now we have a separate issue and challenge to one of the great surnames that we’ve bestowed on a pro rider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Apparently the process worked, she bagged the W at Superprestige today.

You could see the relief at being back after she crossed the line - just broke down in years. I always enjoy watching someone roll Betsema.

Sucked that the two EF riders, Backstedt and Honsinger, went down hard right at the start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess Clara and Zoe were fighting for position...teammates! But, CX is really an individual sport.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [stonerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stonerider wrote:
I guess Clara and Zoe were fighting for position...teammates! But, CX is really an individual sport.

Yeah, I don't sense a ton of esprit de corps in CX. van Empel and Betsema display zero chemistry. Iserbyt and *any* Pauwels guy.

The only real teamwork I noticed in this race was an unknown (to me) Crelan rider pulling Sweeck to the front, which Sweeck then took full advantage of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
stonerider wrote:

Yeah, I don't sense a ton of esprit de corps in CX. van Empel and Betsema display zero chemistry. Iserbyt and *any* Pauwels guy.

The only real teamwork I noticed in this race was an unknown (to me) Crelan rider pulling Sweeck to the front, which Sweeck then took full advantage of.

At least Iserbyt and Vanternout took turns to work over Sweck a few weeks ago and succeeded. And they almost worked over van der Haar at Koppenberg as well.

But yeah, coming from road racing, the level of intrasquad rivalry is almost a tad too gauche…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Beeske Bergen WC was the best CX racing I've seen in a while. Both the men's and women's. I won't give spoilers.

Very road-like course. There was no running except guys who didn't want to jump the barriers.

mini-spoiler: And once again the "teamwork" seemed to be counterproductive in this race, with the award to Nieuwenhuis for making a mind-bogglingly poor decision on who to help bridge by pulling as hard as he could through the tarmac section.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 13, 22 8:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My heart rate was rising on that last lap for the women's race! Exciting races and course!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The women's race was great. Actual tactics!

Also like the fact that with the races at ~1 hr, just long enough to get me through my rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Now we have a separate issue and challenge to one of the great surnames that we’ve bestowed on a pro rider.

Well, it would've been fun

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/...-single-speed-worlds

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Eagle has not landed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Eagle landed ... just NOT in Durango

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck24Ha5SIc1/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
The Eagle landed ... just NOT in Durango

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck24Ha5SIc1/

The Eagle has nested.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 15, 22 7:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Cycling Out of Context" Highlights | 2022 Season

https://twitter.com/.../1592956460748910592

Enjoy!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way better than #CritBeef.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
The Beeske Bergen WC was the best CX racing I've seen in a while. Both the men's and women's. I won't give spoilers.

Very road-like course. There was no running except guys who didn't want to jump the barriers.

mini-spoiler: And once again the "teamwork" seemed to be counterproductive in this race, with the award to Nieuwenhuis for making a mind-bogglingly poor decision on who to help bridge by pulling as hard as he could through the tarmac section.

Just caught up with everything. How is it that Van der Haar can't jump the barriers when almost all of his competitors can?

Btw, how should we handle spoilers here re: CX? Three days, five days, or perhaps a week after the fact?
Quote Reply

Prev Next