Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TrainerRoad adaptive training [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bonesbrigade wrote:
I’m in the closed beta group. There are def bugs and issues as expected. One key missing piece that has not been implemented yet, is the recognition of outdoor unstructured rides - this completely skews my fitness level as 4 out of my 6 weekly rides are unstructured. When they do add this functionality, it will give me a better understanding and perspective on the product.

That’s the functionality I want. I follow a training plan over the winter but in the summer I mostly just like to ride. Weekly race series, rides with friends, group rides etc. On those days when I want to do a structured training ride, I want the system to help me fill in the training I need.
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad adaptive training [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if what you're envisioning is what's going to happen, at least at this stage of development. If I understand things, adaptive training isn't exactly going to tell you what types of energy systems to work based on an analysis of your rides. Rather, if you're doing, say, a short power build and you're struggling with a particular type of vo2 workout that is rated pretty highly, it'll find you some easier workout(s) in the vo2 family that may be more easily doable. So the adaptive training won't suddenly start recommending a bunch of sweet spot if you're not already doing sweet spot, it substitutes within the type of workouts you are currently doing.

I'll take myself here as an example. On Tuesday I did a pretty unstructured outdoor ride in lieu of the ramp test. Within that ride I did a nearly 36min loop and the IF on that segment ended up being 94%. In the future, TR may be able to take that ride and see that I did a solid 36min interval and equate that to maybe a 4.5 equivalent workout and rate me accordingly and recommend sweet spot workouts based on that if I'm following a sweet spot plan. But if I weren't following a plan, then I could pick a workout from the TrainNow feature to select from a series of workouts based on my recent workout history. So ultimately I think what you're looking for is almost there, you have access to TrainNow on days you aren't doing outdoor stuff, but someday those recommendations will take into account energy systems worked on during those unstructured rides. It'll give you a choice, but again they're not going to necessarily tell you what you need to work on outside of an actual plan.

Hope I'm not too far off the mark but that's kind of how I understand the current state of things!
Quote Reply
Re: TrainerRoad adaptive training [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Folks may have run across this through some other forums, but I’m going a bit more public with my vlogging about my own experience with the beta and my plan, this is one I made for the 2nd week. I hope to make this more of a thing so any likes/subscribes appreciated!

Quote Reply

Prev Next