Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [curtish26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
curtish26 wrote:
Boundless wrote:
Acceptance to the Full Send Ambassador team gives you the right to pay $90 for a hat, pair of socks, water bottle, and a coaster. Lol.


Thanks for the clarification. I was kind of confused by their new three tier Full Send team. The top team said that you get the best discounts and it was a lower cost if I remember correctly, then their was the middle team that got lower benefits than the first team (i.e. lower discounts and I think higher cost to join) and then the bottom team that got even lower discounts than the middle team. I was excited about applying for Full Send in 2019, but the tier things was a real turn off this year. You can't be everything to everyone. If Full Send is going to be a team of really fast people that dominate at ever race they go to then they need to make that their brand and not do anything else because any effort that is not in line with that goal is working against it and leaves a negative impact on the team. Are their sponsors really going to offer a team discount and only let some of the team have the 40% discount and other only a 20% discount and others only a 10% discount? Of course not so what ever Full Send is doing seems like a good way to destroy team unity. I am a masters athlete and have learned over decades and decades that there are great athletes that are terrible coaches and great coaches that were/are terrible athletes. This moved seemed like a great athlete making a terrible coaching decision to me. The only draw to full send was that they were a team that didn't care about brand sponsorship, social footprint, etc. They just wanted to race hard and race together so that they could support and lift each other in the sport. They seem like sell outs and hypocrites now.


Here's the full deal. Kind of interesting how they decided on the "Development" or Ambassador based on USAT scores. Looks like 30% off their store. Not too appealing I won't be taking the bait.

All,

(please read this in its entirety)

Intro
What an honor it is to be able to bring together such a passionate, dedicated, and inspiring group of athletes. If you are receiving this email that means we have decided to bring you into the Full Send family on the Ambassador Team.

If you are curious how we decided Development vs. Ambassador we went based off of USAT scores as they are reflections of your performances normalized for the course and conditions. e.g. a 2 hour Olympic race on a challenging course in the sweltering heat is going to have a higher score than the same time on an easy course under perfect conditions. We looked at your top 2-3 scores and took an average. Over 89 (85 for ladies) put you on the Development team. If you do not have a USAT number where we could verify race results we placed you on the ambassador squad as well (sorry Canadians).

Either way, as ambassadors you all show the amount of passion, dedication, enjoyment and fulfilment you get out of the sport whether you are finishing 1st, 10th, or 20th. It is our hope that you can be smiling, positive, hard working, goofy, passionate role models and advocates for triathlon in racing, in training, on social media, and in your local communities.

There are plenty of people right near that 89 score number so we hope that for you all we can work hard and have some good performances in the upcoming year. Always striving for improvements!!

Next Steps
We have a sweet welcome package for you. Please follow this link and complete checkout as soon as possible to cement your spot on the team. https://www.fullsendtriathlon.com/...-member-package-2021

The password to enter is ""

It includes:
- 1 Boco Run hat
- 1 Pair of socks
- 1 or 2 coasters
- 1 Water bottle (Based on availability first come first serve so the sooner you checkout the better. We slightly underestimated. I think probably 85-90% of people will get one.)
- 1 Coffee Mug (based on availability. If you don't get a water bottle you'll get a mug. After that it is first come first serve. Again 85-90% should get a mug.)

If you are interested in adding any other items we have in stock you can do that as well by navigating to the regular shop page https://www.fullsendtriathlon.com/shop and adding items to your cart before checking out.

You can use discount code "" at checkout for 30% off everything on the regular shop page.

More Info
I apologize for the slight hiccup on the missed quantities of water bottles and mugs so please forgive me. We'll probably throw in an extra pair of socks for those who don't get a water bottle since we should have enough to do that.

The welcome package won't ship until later in November


For Covid related reasons we just found out, we were forced to slightly expedite the whole process here. We are awaiting the shipment of socks which should come in the following couple weeks and then we will get the welcome packages out ASAP.

Final Notes
I will be around with more communications to you guys in the near future. Until then Full Send.


--



Justin Lippert
General Manager
(732) 856-1055
fullsendtriathlon.com
Last edited by: Boundless: Oct 28, 20 13:53
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [Boundless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe edit out the phone number and discount codes there...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig
Deals on Wheels - Race reports, pictures, sponsors, and more!
Most recent blog post: Takeaways from spectating Kona 2019
Most recent video: $20 photochromic cycling glasses review
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Maybe edit out the phone number and discount codes there...

Good catch, then again, I don’t think there’s too much danger of us using this code to pay $90 for those 5 items!!
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
realbdeal wrote:
Maybe edit out the phone number and discount codes there...


Good catch, then again, I don’t think there’s too much danger of us using this code to pay $90 for those 5 items!!

Lol ya get in line for a pair of socks and a mug.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justin Lippert majored in math in college and will be able to do more things with numbers and equations that I will likely be able to do. He understands the theory and math behind the way the USAT rank system was set up but like I said earlier in this thread it discriminates by age. The USAT Age Group Nationals earn team points by your AG placing not by your over all placing so I am surprised that math guy would take a 24 year old guy that is getting his butt kicked in his age group with a USAT score of 90 over an 57 year old guy who is an All American and dominating his Age Group with a USAT score of 88.



Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once-a-miler wrote:

Suunto and Wattie Ink does this already.

Not exactly like that. I suppose it's "tiered" between Hit Squad and Elite Racing Team. But I know for a fact that not everyone on the elite team is fast and the biggest thing they get over the Hit Squad is no membership fee. After that, kit costs the same, discounts are the same, etc.

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [Boundless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man/woman - I don't know what you were trying to achieve by posting this email publicly along with my phone number and info meant mainly for those who the email was originally sent to, but it kind of makes you look like a jackass. If you are proud of that action, why don't you reply with your real name so everyone can see?

Anyway - For anyone else who acts respectfully and may stumble upon this thread in the future - The main reason we decided to split the team this year is because what past members love about Full Send is the 'small team/community' feel. While we are mostly spread across the country and in-person meetings are sparse, our team communication channels along with their social media accounts are a place where the athletes really become invested in each others goals and successes.

We wanted to expand the team but also keep that small community feel. This is the main reason why we split into 3 subdivisions. Elite is mainly athletes who have their pro license, and a very small amount of AGers who are well on their way to their pro license. After that, we split Development and Ambassador between the rest. The idea here is to keep a small community feel within each squad but also have a larger team altogether. Y'all are right in saying that there aren't many technical differences between the squads because their isn't - same gear, same prices, etc. We may have some specific offerings in the ways of gear, events, activities, etc. for each squad but that is TBD. We do have a couple sponsors who offer different deals for our pro athletes - because they like to support them and it looks good to have your products being used by pros.

Maybe this is a wrong direction to go, and if so we will adapt in the future. For now we'll see how it plays out and how the athletes like it.

If this isn't something you are interested in, that's fine as well. It is not for everybody.

Best wishes to all -
JL
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [JustinLippert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohhh geeez. I assume Justin=Boundless. Agreed, poor form.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [Tri-K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Keren,
Applied for the MX Team for the 20/21 season, got an offer to join and deliberating over accepting. Out of curiosity what would you say is great about the team? Also, regarding the great discounts on gear etc. that is repeatedly mentioned, can you give some examples (not asking for the actual codes 😂).
Thanks
J
Last edited by: JaBuddyG: Nov 3, 20 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [JustinLippert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustinLippert wrote:
Hey man/woman - I don't know what you were trying to achieve by posting this email publicly along with my phone number and info meant mainly for those who the email was originally sent to, but it kind of makes you look like a jackass. If you are proud of that action, why don't you reply with your real name so everyone can see?

Anyway - For anyone else who acts respectfully and may stumble upon this thread in the future - The main reason we decided to split the team this year is because what past members love about Full Send is the 'small team/community' feel. While we are mostly spread across the country and in-person meetings are sparse, our team communication channels along with their social media accounts are a place where the athletes really become invested in each others goals and successes.

We wanted to expand the team but also keep that small community feel. This is the main reason why we split into 3 subdivisions. Elite is mainly athletes who have their pro license, and a very small amount of AGers who are well on their way to their pro license. After that, we split Development and Ambassador between the rest. The idea here is to keep a small community feel within each squad but also have a larger team altogether. Y'all are right in saying that there aren't many technical differences between the squads because their isn't - same gear, same prices, etc. We may have some specific offerings in the ways of gear, events, activities, etc. for each squad but that is TBD. We do have a couple sponsors who offer different deals for our pro athletes - because they like to support them and it looks good to have your products being used by pros.

Maybe this is a wrong direction to go, and if so we will adapt in the future. For now we'll see how it plays out and how the athletes like it.

If this isn't something you are interested in, that's fine as well. It is not for everybody.

Best wishes to all -
JL

There is nothing wrong with building a/your community. People will always have an opinion. Kudos to you for building a brand and team.

USAT Level 1 Coach- Milestone Racing (milestoneracingtn.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [JaBuddyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey JaBuddyG,

I don't have much to go on as a comparison as this is the first big AG team I have joined. But here are my thoughts.

It's a great and very active community. Lots of chat and support via the private group on Facebook. Questions about kit, racing, training etc. get answered very quickly.

I am a bit isolated from most of the members as I am in Japan, but I look forward to the day that international travel is up and running again so I can join the training camps and some of the big races that members will be at.

My key perks:

Free training plans
50% discount on Today's Plan (moved over from Training Peaks)
Excellent team kit at discounted prices with some freebees
Big discounts on QR bikes (I ride a PR6)
Big discounts on quality gear partners like Enve, On, Blue Seventy, Swozzi, Scicon, Amp Human and more.
Podcasts they do are great.


Can't think of any negatives. Will renew for 2021.


Don't think you will have any regrets.


Cheers,


Keren

Keren
https://quintanarootri.com/
https://en-jp.wahoofitness.com/
https://www.worldtriathlonstore.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next