Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Age-Group Triathlon Teams
Quote | Reply
I am interested in joining an age-group Tri team. I found this thread from last year regarding the topic but wanted to compile a relevant up-to-date list of current age-group Tri teams that you can apply to. I know some teams have closed applications but wanted others input on good teams to be a part of that are accepting members now or opening soon. I am currently a member of my local Tri club but they are not super active and so I am missing the community aspect. Don’t much care about discounts, etc., just want to be part of an active team.

Here is the thread I found:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7060158

Here is the list I’ve compiled thus far:
Team Zoot (closed applications 10/15)
Matt Hanson Racing (open)
AP Racing (open)
Rev3 Tri (seems to be closed)
Snapple Team (open)
Baucco Squad (closed)
Kiwami (seem to be closed)
Wattie Ink (closed)
ENVE (closed)
Full Send (open)
Pearwear (closed)
Q2T (open but have to sign up for coaching)
Team Every Man Jack (seem to be closed)
Castelli Colletivo (open)
Dimond Factory (open)
SFuels (open)
Blueseventy (closed)
TriForce (open)
Cupcake Cartel (closed)
Stellafly (closed)
Base Performance (open)
FLO (closed)
ORR Cycling (open until 10/20)
Smashfest Queens (all-female, closed 10/18)
Suunto (closed)
USAT Ambassador-Newton Running (open)
Betty Women’s Team (open)
Coeur Sports (Open)
MX Endurance (open)

That’s all I could find really. Any input from current/past members or any recommendations I missed would be greatly appreciated!!!
Last edited by: BallsJesus: Oct 21, 20 18:29
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team Everyman Jack? I am fairly certain they are still around but I don’t know where they are in the application process
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [karmatraining] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karmatraining wrote:
Team Everyman Jack? I am fairly certain they are still around but I don’t know where they are in the application process

Thank you! I did run across that team as well in my research and have added to my list.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwizBeats wrote:
Castelli Colletivo

Added!
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team Wattie Ink applications open around mid-to-late September usually. But yes, 2021 applications are closed and all athletes for the 2021 Hit Squad and Elite Teams have been notified.

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Team Wattie Ink applications open around mid-to-late September usually. But yes, 2021 applications are closed and all athletes for the 2021 Hit Squad and Elite Teams have been notified.
Appreciate the reply!
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s a “Dimond Factory Pilot” team, currently taking applications. I think you get a pretty good discount on a bike and a kit, maybe some other discounts/benefits. I’m not on the team so don’t actually know.

Dimond Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem.

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
There’s a “Dimond Factory Pilot” team, currently taking applications. I think you get a pretty good discount on a bike and a kit, maybe some other discounts/benefits. I’m not on the team so don’t actually know.
Added! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blueseventy. (Might be closed now.)
SFuels is open.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
http://www.blueseventy.com
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will add! THANKS!
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been around the sport for 35 years.

I don't get the point of age group teams that are spread around a country.

I see the point of a club that is local that you train with often. Other than that, this is an individual sport. There is nothing that your teammate does at another race in another part of the country or even the same race that affects your race outcome.

I played several team sports at a reasonably high level in high school before converging in individual sport in college and as an adult. Other than searching for a feeling of belonging and someone else makes you feel special by allowing you to be in their select group, and do marketing from them, I never so the upside.

Obviously cycling teams both pro and amateur make a ton of sense. Triathlon team other than national teams picked for an international meet where you're trying to get country standings, I am not sure what the point is.

So ask yourself what benefit you are seeking. Team sports you have to "make the team" because only the team gets to compete. If you don't make the cut you don't get to compete. In triathlon, you can compete without making the cut for any team.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cupcake Cartel. I think applications just closed tho.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prob some local teams in your area, that could be of more value since it would give you people to go ride / workout with.

https://www.instagram.com/toothengineer/

2020: Covid and herniated disk
2021: Kona, R2R2R
2022: Denali
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thechromedome wrote:
Cupcake Cartel. I think applications just closed tho.

Cheers,
Added!
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Prob some local teams in your area, that could be of more value since it would give you people to go ride / workout with.
There is only 1 Tri club in my area and next closest is a few hours away unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I have been around the sport for 35 years.

I don't get the point of age group teams that are spread around a country.

I see the point of a club that is local that you train with often. Other than that, this is an individual sport. There is nothing that your teammate does at another race in another part of the country or even the same race that affects your race outcome.

I played several team sports at a reasonably high level in high school before converging in individual sport in college and as an adult. Other than searching for a feeling of belonging and someone else makes you feel special by allowing you to be in their select group, and do marketing from them, I never so the upside.

Obviously cycling teams both pro and amateur make a ton of sense. Triathlon team other than national teams picked for an international meet where you're trying to get country standings, I am not sure what the point is.

So ask yourself what benefit you are seeking. Team sports you have to "make the team" because only the team gets to compete. If you don't make the cut you don't get to compete. In triathlon, you can compete without making the cut for any team.

Excellent point. It’s more about the community for me. I don’t have an active local community (not active enough for my liking at least) so I am looking for others to communicate with, bounce ideas off of, learn new tips/tricks, talk shop, and generally commiserate with. I do understand your position though for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BallsJesus wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
I have been around the sport for 35 years.

I don't get the point of age group teams that are spread around a country.

I see the point of a club that is local that you train with often. Other than that, this is an individual sport. There is nothing that your teammate does at another race in another part of the country or even the same race that affects your race outcome.

I played several team sports at a reasonably high level in high school before converging in individual sport in college and as an adult. Other than searching for a feeling of belonging and someone else makes you feel special by allowing you to be in their select group, and do marketing from them, I never so the upside.

Obviously cycling teams both pro and amateur make a ton of sense. Triathlon team other than national teams picked for an international meet where you're trying to get country standings, I am not sure what the point is.

So ask yourself what benefit you are seeking. Team sports you have to "make the team" because only the team gets to compete. If you don't make the cut you don't get to compete. In triathlon, you can compete without making the cut for any team.


Excellent point. It’s more about the community for me. I don’t have an active local community (not active enough for my liking at least) so I am looking for others to communicate with, bounce ideas off of, learn new tips/tricks, talk shop, and generally commiserate with. I do understand your position though for sure.

Can you create your own local club if you want one with different themes or values. Then you can actually do something with them and train together.

If your team is remote, you can bounce ideas off way smarter people on ST because we have a world of knowledge around here that is going to be way superior to what any distributed team can provide. I see no point in a remote team unless it makes you feel like you "made a squad" and you get a feeling of prestige and external validation out of it. If you look at a distributed team objectively and what our sport is about, I am not sure what value they provide.

I'll just ask you to objectively think about what you want to get out of being selected by such a team. A local club, by all means, go for that. They provide lots of value. A team over the internet, well just develop your own network/personal team of like minded high caliber people to virtually connect up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BallsJesus wrote:
I don’t have an active local community (not active enough for my liking at least) so I am looking for others to communicate with, bounce ideas off of, learn new tips/tricks, talk shop, and generally commiserate with. I do understand your position though for sure.


If only there was an online community, perhaps a forum, where you could do that. I think you might be onto something.... ;)
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 18, 20 9:12
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
BallsJesus wrote:
I don’t have an active local community (not active enough for my liking at least) so I am looking for others to communicate with, bounce ideas off of, learn new tips/tricks, talk shop, and generally commiserate with. I do understand your position though for sure.


If only there was an online community, perhaps a forum, where you could do that. I think you might be onto something.... ;)

Nah, that’ll never happen

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:
Training Plan / Log
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan does not give us cool gear and have exclusive club banners, kit and sponsor logos all over Alii drive in Kona. Sadly he allows all of us onto this platform and his party in Kona. Unfortunately ST is the "all access team". So no one can feel exclusive in their kits and parties.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
BallsJesus wrote:
I don’t have an active local community (not active enough for my liking at least) so I am looking for others to communicate with, bounce ideas off of, learn new tips/tricks, talk shop, and generally commiserate with. I do understand your position though for sure.


If only there was an online community, perhaps a forum, where you could do that. I think you might be onto something.... ;)
Touche’
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Dan does not give us cool gear and have exclusive club banners, kit and sponsor logos all over Alii drive in Kona. Sadly he allows all of us onto this platform and his party in Kona. Unfortunately ST is the "all access team". So no one can feel exclusive in their kits and parties.

I know this is pink, but Dan does offer plenty of discounts to those that sign up to receive emails.
Quote Reply
Re: Age-Group Triathlon Teams [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, as usual you make good points. I enjoy the proximity benefits of our local team much more than I likely would one of the brand-representing (coaching/ clothing/ bikes/ etc) teams.

At the same time, I see both the practical and fun benefits of such teams. There is a human yearning for “tribe”, and showing up to big events and seeing members of your tribe can enhance the experience, especially if you know them from forums, training camps, etc. I had a small taste of that at ITU worlds in Chicago - the parade, the race, walking around.

On a different level, were I a really high-performing athlete I see the benefits of a Team Everyman Jack or a Team Timex (RIP?) where you have training camps and connection with other athletes at your level. That, however, is not a problem I will ever be faced with 😂

Back to the OP’s question, I have (faster) friends on this team. Is is fairly local to us, so they get a bit of the best of both worlds:

http://www.stellafly.com/teamstellafly/

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next