Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
But can you mount a BTA bottle to these?

I ordered a pair of just the extensions, was planning to put them on my alpha X, in which case you’d still use the BTA bracket. Of course, that might not work at all.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that bracket can still be mounted.

Watt Shop can integrate a BTA mount, confirmed in email communication with them this week. Ride Synch can as well, but with ride synch you wont get a forarm rest as you will with Drag2Zero and WattShop. Sorry just trying to talk through this all for myself since once you go down a path of these aftermarket extensions there is no going back (or pricey to go a different direction)

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough! The D2Z ones are the cheapest of the bunch but still not great...

For reference, I'm 5'11 (or 6" if I can lie to myself) and have arms that I'd describe as 'normal' length (Note: never actually measured them myself). The extensions come super long and have a fair amount of extra material that I've chopped off with a carbon saw to fit my forearms. In my case I've opted for the normal sram etap grip adapters from D2Z, and my forearms rest directly on to the foam. As you can see in the photos, my pads are fairly narrow - about as narrow as I can go without getting something custom-made done and the extensions and middle of the pads are centered together. Luckily this means that I end up with my elbows on the pads, no space between pads and extensions, my forearms just resting and my hands in a fairly neutral position. I've got slight high hands angling, but nothing mantis-like!

As for the bta - you can jerry-rig a bottle cage with zip ties pretty easily, or you could use the PD aeria stem/bottle combo I use. I'm sure you can use clamps/ties to put pretty much anything else on. It's a pretty stable structure
Last edited by: jaredhartshorn: Dec 24, 19 21:22
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to get Zipp ties and bottle cages on expense extensions why not just get some extensions with them already built in or multiple companies that make extensions that brakes mounts can be used? Zipp ties bottle cages also always move around and can get finicky. I have heard the PD system test well, but so ugly / hideous. I see the drag2zero as the most cost effective option out there for someone looking for a cool looking aerodynamic and supportive extensions at $300us. You def dont get the integration or customization you do with a speedbar at 3k euro or a wattshop extensions/ base plate at 1k us.

Edit:
Due to the lack of a BTA mount I think I would still be sticking to a 51ss or a USE Extension with a round bar that can get a stable BTA mount.

Lets go Drag2Zero incorporate a BTA mount into these.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Last edited by: Toothengineer: Dec 25, 19 6:52
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if these extensions would work with 3T aduro bars? I have some 10 degree shims that I can use to tilt the arm pads, so I could go with the high rise pole. I am unsure if I'll be able to put enough of the extension into the handlebars themselves however...

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
palmtrees wrote:
Does anyone know if these extensions would work with 3T aduro bars? I have some 10 degree shims that I can use to tilt the arm pads, so I could go with the high rise pole. I am unsure if I'll be able to put enough of the extension into the handlebars themselves however...

The last part depends on how far in you need them to go. To do a rough fit before ordering, I asked D2Z for some diagrams with dimensions. I printed them to scale in Word and just held them where they'd go, to get a visual of the two versions. You could do the same to check insertion clearance
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this,I'll reach out to them when they're back in January.

Is it necessary for me to tilt both the extensions and the pads, or would the pads alone work? I'd have to figure out how to make new tilts for the Aduro if I have to do the extensions as well

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends which extension, how much tilt, and how much contact you want on your forearm.
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I can't see your picture on Slowtwitch about your C68 with the new drag2zero extensions. Could you please send me some pictures at
alg_sg@hotmail.com

This is for the professional triathlete Joanna Ryter, who ride a C68 too. She'll come to a wind channel soon

Best regards
Denis
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Terrapon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terrapon wrote:
Hi,

I can't see your picture on Slowtwitch about your C68 with the new drag2zero extensions. Could you please send me some pictures at
alg_sg@hotmail.com

This is for the professional triathlete Joanna Ryter, who ride a C68 too. She'll come to a wind channel soon

Best regards
Denis

Check this thread: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...g-scoops_P7107078-4/
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any instructions on how to properly drill cable holes?
How did you guys take care of it?
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should be running cables through the 3d printed ends, right?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's the case with the Dura Ace shifters where the cable is internal, but I have the Ultegra shifters or am I missing something?
Last edited by: bigsas: Mar 29, 20 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of these and on a Speed Concept there is no problem mounting a BTA. The bars are crazy long and I had to cut them down a bunch but I love them. I don't love the padding....not because of the pads themselves but the adhesive sucks. It sticks well on the carbon but not on the pads themselves. I'm going to switch the adhesive to Velcro.

I have the stock SC arm cups but I'm switching to Speedshop 51 cups because they are a little bit longer and it will fill the gap between the cups and the bars. Comfort wise the bars are great for the price (Hi-rise non-uci)
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
palmtrees wrote:

The last part depends on how far in you need them to go. To do a rough fit before ordering, I asked D2Z for some diagrams with dimensions. I printed them to scale in Word and just held them where they'd go, to get a visual of the two versions. You could do the same to check insertion clearance
could you please forward me the these diagrams!? Currently unsure weather they even fit on a Shiv TT Disc.. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [f.ritze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They make a full adapter kit to work with the Aduro bar so you can use their pole clamps, angled wedges, poles and pads. Pretty sure I saw they make the same kit for the Shiv!
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is true but I want to usw the poles only and not spend a fortune on a kit to make them fit if the original one is just as good ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to use a third party pad with them and has anyone had success getting a BTA between the poles?
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
Is it possible to use a third party pad with them and has anyone had success getting a BTA between the poles?

If you just use the extensions, you can use whatever armrests/pads you like. Ease of getting the BTA in there will be the same as with your current poles, albeit that they are oval rather than round, and you'll be resting on them, so some mounting methods might not work so well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
f.ritze wrote:
could you please forward me the these diagrams!? Currently unsure weather they even fit on a Shiv TT Disc.. Thank you!

I can't find it, but just email them. They are very helpful and responsive
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes i have Speed Shop 51 cups and a BTA hydration system with no problems.
Quote Reply

Prev Next