Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Drag2Zero extensions
Quote | Reply
I see that they are coming soon. They seem to be a blend of the recent trend and a standard 22.2 extension. Does anyone have more details?
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on their instagram they have been "coming soon" for quite a while.

Price *sounds* good from what I have heard... I think they are taking "orders" from certain customers if you email them.

I'm interested... but with them, wattshop, ero/Len, Vision and Aerocoach (and likely more that I don't know of) all making what we're guessing are "affordable" options... I'm hesitant to buy anything until everyone has thrown their hat in.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: Sep 11, 19 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These?

https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

This is all I would really want.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These look like extensions with a cheap piece of foam stuck on the top....these don’t appear to be anything close to the arm cup project Tririg and some others are undertaking that wil truly add surface area to the cups.
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
These look like extensions with a cheap piece of foam stuck on the top....these don’t appear to be anything close to the arm cup project Tririg and some others are undertaking that wil truly add surface area to the cups.

really? My assumption is that it is the cup, extensions, and clamps. Possibly the angled risers thrown in. Anyhow, the extensions hanging out in the wind is where your aero losses are. If you mean in terms of comfort, well, I am not in the greater contact area equals more comfort camp so no comment on that.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

extension is what we're talking about... not cups.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

I don't disagree, but doesn't the Instagram say those are prototypes? Don't know if they will change the foam or not, but that they were prototypes were mentioned in the caption at any rate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% talking about the extensions. If these are priced right, it will be a lot easier to justify these to the wife than the $1000+ extensions that Wattshop and the rest are making. If I had an unlimited budget, I would just have Len do everything custom for me. Alas, that is not an option, until I can ride a pursuit faster than Ashton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand, but the line between cup and extension is blurring. These appear to be designed to provide greater contact points for the forearms whether a longer cup or a bigger/padded extension. Maybe it’s just the prototype. But angled shims and foam stripping seem a bit underwhelming given where the competition is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But it’ll depend on the price the D2Z hits. The Wattshop is $900, which is the cheapest option out there.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

really? My assumption is that it is the cup, extensions, and clamps. Possibly the angled risers thrown in. Anyhow, the extensions hanging out in the wind is where your aero losses are. If you mean in terms of comfort, well, I am not in the greater contact area equals more comfort camp so no comment on that.

She needs the grip section shortened...
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed, and by quite a bit. but that angle makes them look nice, no?

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The problem I see with all of these 'off the shelf' cup/extension options coming out is their adjustibility especially concerning the UCI rules. The 10 cm cup-to-tip rule really limits how these can be configured.

I need support at the elbow, so with the 10 cm rule, that puts constraints on the entire design that might not be in place for someone that can have cups further up the forearm. Until my issue 'gets fixed', i guess I am constrained to a more custom solution that can be re-configured in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I have more info.

I'm one of the lucky ones on their wait list to have got in early and just received delivery today of these.

Details:
- standard 22.2mm pole as per previous
- they offer custom fit advice from your measurements to ensure right angles spacers etc.
- choice of the ergo grips or standard. I picked up both as I'm in Dubai and for the sake of £50 wanted options. I can confirm the ergo grips are actually quite fat for my hands at least and I'll be sticking with the existing slightly curved grips (which I love).
- choice of newer pads which are a bit wider (again I don't think I'll use mainly as I want to fit a BTA bottle for long course and the inner lip curves up in the way. But may use for short course/tt where no BTA needed).
- choice of UCI/non UCI versions.
- very cheap by comparison... sub £200 will get you poles and standard grips. Ergo grips like £50.
- trial positioning has my forearm resting perfectly on the foam and all aero drag loss removed imo.
- choice of spacers/angles/shims to suit if needed depending on setup.

I'll have mine fitted in the coming days and throw up some pics before and after.

My forearm as already closely aligned with current d2z poles, but wanted these for the slight improvement and see about the forearm rest comfort factor.
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get on the waiting list?
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how risky it would be to drill these to work with the Pro Missile Evo bars? 🤔
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
But it’ll depend on the price the D2Z hits. The Wattshop is $900, which is the cheapest option out there.

You're behind the times. Wattshop bars are now ~$2,000 and unavailable. https://www.shopforwatts.co.uk/...rbon-aero-extensions
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s the custom version - still cheaper than Speedbar.
I was talking about the standard model https://www.shopforwatts.co.uk/...ntegrated-extensions.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh! Didn't realize they had a stock version... but unavailable as well.

You could start with off the self extensions and add some epoxy filler to get the shape you want. That's what I plan to do anyway...
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Doh! Didn't realize they had a stock version... but unavailable as well.

You could start with off the self extensions and add some epoxy filler to get the shape you want. That's what I plan to do anyway...

Yeah they are being made domestically in the UK, so only super small batches of around 15 at a time. It's a nice piece of kit. I do like the D2Zero ones though.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [gloscherrybomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gloscherrybomb wrote:
How did you get on the waiting list?
you need to email drag2zero (can't remember the address of the top of my head, it's in the instagram post though) - the person you need to talk to is out of town until next week though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
right, I understand that....my comments were directed at the extensions in the picture

As to greater contact=greater comfort, I don't know where I stand yet because I've never tried. But, reasonable price-permitting, I plan to try 1-2 of these new models in the future and decide for myself. This one just seems to add very little to what has been around for at least several years (i.e., tilt, bigger cups, thicker padding on cups) other than the foam topper on the extensions, but maybe its just because its a prototype.
Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's some info on the bars

Quote Reply
Re: New Drag2Zero extensions [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the modular nature. Although, if one is confident enough in what one has the other marques out there seem much cleaner. That being said the pricing on this seems damn good especially considering it is a standard extension diameter that should work as a plug n play in my (and possibly others') current setup(s).

ETA: and yes, that extension foam looks janky

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 23, 19 6:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still a few questions about it... I'd be down to try the extensions though.

*available for order in "a couple of weeks." So probably by January anyways.

Quote Reply

Prev Next