Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [trueff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's my watch. I wear it all the time. Weekly I clean the back of it and under the band with an alcohol swab. I have a ridiculous watch tan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got a Suunto 9 and I wear it all the time. I train almost every day so knowing myself, if I don’t have it on I’ll forget it ..

It’s got a daily tracker which I didn’t care for initially. But having it now I’ve realised how fidgety I am because even on a no training day, the number of steps I take is well over the average .. and I’ve got a desk job ..

Like you, I found that some of my older watches (Garmins, Timex and Suuntos) irritated my skin after a while but I haven’t had issues with this one yet. My older watches gathered a white powdery dusting and the wrist bands have broken. It’s esp bad if I’ve been swimming a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait... it comes off?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trueff wrote:
With all the data watches provide I find that I wear my watch all the time. I have the Forerunner 945 and wear it all day/night except to charge it while in the shower or to clean it after a heavy training session. I suspect many of us are obsessed with data... maybe it’s just me.
What got me thinking about this is that I noticed the other day my skin was a bit irritated under the strap. I began to think that maybe I wear the watch more than I should and not letting my skin under the band get enough fresh air. I have since then moved it the other wrist for a day or two.

Random thoughts on a long run.........

24/7. But I tossed the stock band immediately and replaced it with a custom cloth webbing band I made. What that means is that my skin is in contact with the webbing and not with the watch back. Not sure what difference that would make.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up getting the Garmin Fenix 5X Plus and I wear it 24/7. It does sleep tracking so I leave it on for that. Best purchase ever! I am still using the silicone band with no issues either.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Last edited by: ttx_tri: Aug 21, 19 8:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trueff wrote:
With all the data watches provide I find that I wear my watch all the time. I have the Forerunner 945 and wear it all day/night except to charge it while in the shower or to clean it after a heavy training session. I suspect many of us are obsessed with data... maybe it’s just me.
What got me thinking about this is that I noticed the other day my skin was a bit irritated under the strap. I began to think that maybe I wear the watch more than I should and not letting my skin under the band get enough fresh air. I have since then moved it the other wrist for a day or two.

Random thoughts on a long run.........

With my 935 I can avoid the rash if I take the watch off for a few hours after each workout to let the watch and skin dry. Otherwise I wear it almost all the time.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [TRI it x3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth 46 mm, which I wore continuously during the day. I used it to record swims, runs, and bike rides. The watch transmitted the data to Samsung Health on my cell phone, which forwarded the data to Strava. I was satisfied with the watch until it went into an infinite reboot loop while I was swimming laps at my local YMCA. Samsung wanted $430 to repair it, which is substantially more than the original purchase price. It was still in the warranty period, but the warranty doesn't cover water damage. Can you believe that?!!! Samsung sells a sports watch with a swim mode, but the warranty doesn't cover water damage!
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [2old&2slow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m still rocking the Garmin 235 with a triathlon IQ app.

I wear it 24/7. It’s the only watch I have, It looks great, easy to read, gives me my phone notifications, tracks my steps, HR and sleep and it’s my alarm clock. It has been through 2 home remodels and has a fine mist of paint from my old and new house that will likely never come off.

The tan line is epic!

When/if I ever upgrade to a 935/945 or whatever the future holds, I’ll wear that one 24/7.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [Mabes72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve got a Garmin Fenix 5+ that only ever leaves my wrist to be charged.

While I do have several major niggles with it (the HR can be comically inaccurate at times, ditto the GPS for running on occasion) - overall its a pretty great watch, and looks good enough that wearing it to work is more than OK.

What’s nice is that it’s really no larger than the Timex Ironman watches I’ve worn for decades, but then does all of that other cool high tech shit.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next