Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [trueff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polar V800; 24/7 except when charging. I like getting the sleep metrics, and it's a pretty decent looking watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got new Garmin 935 as a gift from the Wife. She bought it for me because the insurance company judges whether or not you're active enough to be worthy of their healthy rewards benefits by counting steps. Any other type of non-stepping activity be damned. Therefore, I wear my watch during the day. I take it off for the bike, pool, and bed.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a fancy dress watch I used to wear but the damn thing goes through a battery every 20 months or so.
Also, I was constantly taking it off and switching to my tri watch and then not bothering to switch back.
So, I have a $500 watch sitting in drawer now.

My new Coros Apex is a fairly nice looking watch so I don't mind wearing it with a suit to formal events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear my 935 all the time except when I'm sleeping. I have an expensive high end watch collection that I basically don't wear anymore... since all they do is tell time... ;)

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People take off their watch?

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So funny. Pool swimming is the only time I take it off. It helped me develop a range of speeds. My slow and relaxed is slow and relaxed and when I am swimming fast I have more focus on what I am doing.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [sperris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sperris wrote:
So funny. Pool swimming is the only time I take it off. It helped me develop a range of speeds. My slow and relaxed is slow and relaxed and when I am swimming fast I have more focus on what I am doing.

This is the correct thing to do. Though shalt not wear a watch in the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always except while charging. Fenix 5 sapphire, and i use it for hr, sleep and calorie tracking.
Sometimes i wear an omega for more formal occasions, but I prefer the Fenix.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [Dane82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
24/7

Be Uncommon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I gave a Garmin 935. I only wear it when training (swim/bike/run) or racing. Never any other time. I hate wearing a watch and have no value in the data that doesn't come from training/racing.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [tanzbodeli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the time except Bedtime. I would not wear to job interview.

A couple of weeks ago we went to a wedding, as I walked up to our table the guy at the table asks:

"are you a triathlete?"
me: HUH, What?
"the watch"
Oh yea and I have the tan line to prove it

Turns out his wife is a KQ Bound triathlete.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During a very weird summer that saw me change careers, pretty much the only exercise I have done is swim in an outdoor pool and walk the dogs. Usually I run or bike, and as fall creeps up, I may run some more and maybe bike to work.

That said, I wear a newer (bought this year at Walmart) Timex IM watch. I have worn it every single one Iā€™ve been in the pool: Iā€™m trying to use my watch to help me gauge the progress of my summer tan. I have a pretty well-defined Tyr polymesh square-bottom tan line. Only a few more weeks to work on this, and then itā€™s over. Cue Seasonal Affective Disorder, until I start running on weekends and biking to work.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
945 24/7

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
What kind of data are you obsessed with during a non-workout part of the day?

The number of times someone at work sees it, asks why I'm wearing a weird watch, and the I proceed to tell them about my triathlon badassery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear mine during training and racing.

Cannondale Slice 08
look keo pedals
fizik k3 arione saddle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All day everyday. Except when itā€™s charging. I also take it off to shave since I use an old style brush and donā€™t want to falsely register steps. I think most triathletes use these modern ā€œsuper watchesā€ Iā€™ll call them as an all in one. It gives me phone updates, and serves as a fitness tracker as well. Plus you can always be really old fashioned and use it as a watch šŸ˜‚.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [Dane82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dane82 wrote:
Always except while charging. Fenix 5 sapphire, and i use it for hr, sleep and calorie tracking.
Sometimes i wear an omega for more formal occasions, but I prefer the Fenix.

Same here, I have the 5X and it's always on. For formal occasions I have a nice metal strap I'll swap out and it looks pretty sharp. I may even go as far as to adjust the watch face to a more formal face for those events, and switch back to my A race countdown face after.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only take it off for sexy time.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [Per] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per wrote:
I only take it off for sexy time.

But then you don't get "credit" for the "activity"
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [djhuff7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep forgetting to hit the button when I'm headed into T3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin Fenix 5, 24/7
If you stay ready you dont have to get ready! Never know when you might have to run 10k.
And I wear in the pool!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue pop up with my Fenix 5X and later 5X plus.
I cinch it down for workouts for best HR readings.
Loosen for every day wearing.
Take it off at night when sleeping. Don't really need the data for sleeping. I usually know if I slept crappy or not at night.

Allowing the skin to breathe at night got rid of the irritation that started resulting in blistering.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [TriJayhawkRyan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fenix 5x plus, wear pretty much 24/7. Have the dlc titanium band I put on for work, switch to a rubber band for swim/bike/run.
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [Bigbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vivo Active HR - all the time except to charge
Quote Reply
Re: How often or How much do you wear your TRI watch? [triblaq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 Garmin Fenix 5 that i wear pretty much all the time. It's very usable as an everyday watch and keeps track of some stuff i find usefull.
Quote Reply

Prev Next