Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you wear in some other brands? I'm normally a large and their sizing chart makes them seem like more of a Castelli (tighter) fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear size M in my LG M2 and I'd say the Velotec is marginally tighter, but not to a degree that it would constrain me (192cm, 85kg currently a few kg above race weight). The arms fit very snug, I guess by design.

I don't have a Castelli suit, but found their sizing on other stuff mostly random.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any recommendations for sleeved suits under $100? This is my first season with two sprints and a 70.3. Trying to keep costs down, but are there any cheaper suits that work alright?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
I was considering the Castelli All Out Speed Suit, but on their own website that say: "It's not the most flexible for the swim, nor the coolest in the run." So there goes trying that suit.

FWIW, I've done multiple races in the All Out suit, including a 70.3 with a 93* run - I had zero issues on the swim (top up, under my wetsuit) and was 100% comfy on the run (disclaimer - with arm cooler sleeves and ice water head dumps at every aid station). I highly recommend it. I personally found the Kiwami suits to be much less breathable and flexible.

Thanks again for the feedback. I raced in the Castelli All Out Speed suit yesterday for a local sprint race (wanted to test run it before Tremblant full) and I loved the suit. I wore it (top up) under my wetsuit and felt zero shoulder restriction. It also felt very cool on the Bike and remarkably cool on the Run. Again, as an athlete who runs hot, and overheats easily, this suit was exceptional in keeping me cool. Castelli's marketing dept is not doing the company any favors by claiming their suit isn't the coolest or most flexible because compared to the all the other Tri suits I've donned, it is! (I also saw Cam Wurf is moving from the Roka Aero suit to the Castelli All Out Speed suit...)

The other suit I've been using, and have 10+ long training sessions in hot conditions is the Zoot Ultra Tri SS Aero suit. Zoot claims it's made with a carbon fabric that reduces heat build up... and I find it actually works. The chamois is also made with a carbon fabric and it stays super dry, light and un-noticeable during the run. I wore the suit for Eagleman 70.3 (or rather 69.1 cause swim was cancelled) where it poured rain, and the chamois was still a non-issue on the run; where some other suits chamois rub and chafe me in the rain.

As an athlete who's constantly on the prowl for suits that deal with the heat best, these are the two suits I've found, so far. My only gripe with both these suits is the compression in the thighs is sub-par. Both suits brand new out of the box are loose around the bottom of my quads -- which is disappointing. At 173 pounds, 5' 9.5", former ice hockey player, I don't have small thighs either!! Lol! I've worn a lot of suits with much better leg compression (Kiwami LD Aero 1, DeSoto Riviera) but those suits run hot, in my experience (Kiwami especially) so I'll deal with the the lesser quad compression.

And lastly, I don't know if these suit are more/ or less aerodynamic then other suits I've worn, but I set a PR in two races this year with each suit. Granted my fitness and position are also better than last year. Just my experiment of one, 2 cents worth of hack feedback :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
My only gripe with both these suits is the compression in the thighs is sub-par. Both suits brand new out of the box are loose around the bottom of my quads -- which is disappointing.

I'd find this surprising, as the first time I wore my All Out I could barely get it over my thighs (and they are not big by any stretch). But everyone's morphology is different I suppose. I just wore it again yesterday and the bottom half is still quite compressive, after a year.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have been using the Desoto Riviera Flisuit for 1.5 seasons and have to say Ive never been impressed with it. When its wet, it feels waterlogged/heavy, the seams inside the bicep area are large and chafe me as does the chamois. Used my new LG Gneer Course suit today and it was a game changer, better in every way. As much as I liked the aesthetics of the Desoto, IMO it is an inferior suit compared to the LG Course
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
My only gripe with both these suits is the compression in the thighs is sub-par. Both suits brand new out of the box are loose around the bottom of my quads -- which is disappointing.

I'd find this surprising, as the first time I wore my All Out I could barely get it over my thighs (and they are not big by any stretch). But everyone's morphology is different I suppose. I just wore it again yesterday and the bottom half is still quite compressive, after a year.

I just got the All Out and have lager thighs than most triathletes

The legs of the suit are very loose at the bottom of the thighs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next