Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just fyi, our Spider2 collection will be unveiled on March 1st; some very nice improvements.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andre Bennatan wrote:
just fyi, our Spider2 collection will be unveiled on March 1st; some very nice improvements.

5 days away!!! Thats always been a suit I liked, tested well. Complaint of spider one was how it was it the heat I think? Can you provided any pre release info???????

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not 5 days away when its February!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

Sssshhhh! I'm doing no alcohol on Feb 29, 30, and 31st.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On that note does anyone know when the Zoot 2019 collection will drop?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

Sssshhhh! I'm doing no alcohol on Feb 29, 30, and 31st.

Exactly!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andre Bennatan wrote:

Will we be able to do "custom" as well to?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure why I am seeing this post so late in the game, but we at De Soto Sport do custom trisuits too. If interested PM or email me for details.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio, I always greatly appreciate all your contributions here! I have never personally tested out your kits like I have with LG and the Spider, I know both those test fast for me. I know everything test differently on different people, but have you done any testing that you can share?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andre Bennatan wrote:

Is it the March 1st yet?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your kind words. It might be time for me to let the rabbit out of the hat and open the can of worms or Pandora's box, and maybe I will do it in a separate post, but I cannot disclose the results of my testing other than to say this, which I will premise by stating it with all the respect due to you and anyone else who reads this:

I believe there is one factor or variable, that you have not thought about when searching for the ultimate trisuit.

So with that, please, can you share with me what testing variables you used that tested both the brands to your satisfaction? I do not need to see the results.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andre Bennatan wrote:

Darn. I've been racing in the sleeveless Spider LD1 and just ordered the sleeved version in November for IM Frankfurt and Kona this season :( Wish I would have known this was coming.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
I'd love to test several people on the Velotec suit. Their skin suit is amazing and consistently beats more expensive suits for us and every other test facility I've spoken with.

LG is still good...and comfortable.

Tested in the tunnel last month. Velotec and Bioracer were the fastest for me equally for my full TT setup. The Velotec tri suit was almost as fast as the flat out TT skinsuits so I will be racing IM in that. Velotec tri suit beat out the tri offerings from Kiwami, Voler, NoPinz, Bioracer and Castelli.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its been a few years since I tested. I tested with Jim / ERO at the velodrome in LA. We tested a PI Tri top, Spider 1 Sleeved, LG sleeved. We kept everything the same expect for switching out suits we where testing, 3 runs per suit. Then went back and did one more extra run LG vs Spider. Testing btw those 2 was tight.

One thing I have always wondered about is how suits test directly out of the water, but racing long distance after a few miles suits seem to dry out fast.

The M2 LG suit did not have very usable pockets vs the Spider which had much better pockets.

I have been racing in LG Sleeved suit since 2016.

Main factors I am using this year when looking at suits: Can I go custom for sponsors logo's (since I have no team affiliation this year), is it testing fast (hard question to answer so have to make a educated guess), are the pockets usable. Comfort I am assuming will be good with all.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We can provide you with your three main factors!

1. Custom? Yes
2. Testing fast? Yes
3. Are the pockets usable? Very!

Email or PM me for details.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, everything Velotec seems to be testing fast. It's just great clothing, and very well made. How they're doing it for that price I don't know.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will have to re-test with Spider2 and Castelli PR when they are available, matter of week for both, probably :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering about the Castelli PR suit. It was not in the 2019 catalog and thought it may not get launched until 2020. Do you have info that would suggest we will def see it this year for the consumer?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Kiwami was far enough behind that I don't have much interest in checking out the Spider 2. I can wait until next season. I didn't test the Castelli PR protos, but the proto has been tested on someone else against the Bioracer. The Bioracer won out. So no interest there even if it gets "improved" for production. No more tunnel time for me this year. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Andre Bennatan wrote:

Is it the March 1st yet?

Should have mine very soon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
I'd love to test several people on the Velotec suit. Their skin suit is amazing and consistently beats more expensive suits for us and every other test facility I've spoken with.

LG is still good...and comfortable.

Tested in the tunnel last month. Velotec and Bioracer were the fastest for me equally for my full TT setup. The Velotec tri suit was almost as fast as the flat out TT skinsuits so I will be racing IM in that. Velotec tri suit beat out the tri offerings from Kiwami, Voler, NoPinz, Bioracer and Castelli.
just as an aside, doesnt Stolen Goat use bioracer for their tri kit? They are well priced on wiggle. I just bought a castelli all out speed suit. Im not sure on it yet. The sleeves dont feel tight. Like they would sag when wet. They are the longest sleeves iv ever seen on a suit though!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdgreene wrote:
I was wondering about the Castelli PR suit. It was not in the 2019 catalog and thought it may not get launched until 2020. Do you have info that would suggest we will def see it this year for the consumer?

Thanks

They announced spring 2019

It was 20° Celsius in Paris and 27° in some places in the Pyrenees two days ago, but technically we are not yet in spring.
I suppose it will be available from April/May 2019.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At what speed did you test ?
Do you also know the speed of the Castelli vs Bioracer ?

I'm asking the question as the performance depend on speed. Different boundary layer management techniques will trigger their best at different speed.

The figure attached show clearly this effect.

Personally, I prefer a drag crisis earlier (slower speed), even if less pronounced. A suit working above 43 Km/h is of little interest for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good points and table
do you have a link for the full document by any chance
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Suits 2019 [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the link : https://www.sciencedirect.com/...ii/S0141029617300974
But not available publicly, you have to pay. It is on tubular sections.

For my arms, left of the graph (8x10exp4 Reynolds) is equivalent to 42km/h.

This paper is available, on the "V" style vortex generator developed for London 2012 british athletes (running), and then used by Endura, for exemple on the suit used by Tim Don in Kona 2018 for exemple :

https://core.ac.uk/...oad/pdf/82244006.pdf

When you look to Tim in Kona 2018 pictures, the V shapes are clearly visible on the sleeves.
Same way the stripes on Wurf (Castelli PR) or Lange (custom Fusion) sleeves, similar to the one studied on the graph I posted initially.

Typically these vortex generators are now banned by UCI. But not by WTC. And clearly you can do many things in the UCI 1mm irregularity limit :-)
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Mar 1, 19 4:45
Quote Reply

Prev Next