Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Questions for Lionel Sanders - Ironman Mont Tremblant [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim, Bike, Run, Golf

If you're 240 out. Go for it!

Thanks for following everyone

Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Lionel Sanders - Ironman Mont Tremblant [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the videos, Talbot!

I love this guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Lionel Sanders - Ironman Mont Tremblant [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, thanks Talbot and Lionel! Good luck tomorrow, please take it easy :) we want the best Lionel in Kona.

LifeTri wrote:
Thank you for the videos, Talbot!

I love this guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Lionel Sanders - Ironman Mont Tremblant [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree that golf is just like swimming, I played golf seriously when I was young and after almost 15 years without picking up a club I shot a 77 on par 72 course, now playing more I am back down to scratch and regularly shoot in the 60's without much practice. Swimming on the other hand was something I did not pick up until after 30 and lets just say I swim like someone trying to break 100. Lionel has a nice swing for someone who doesn't appear to have played much in his life.
Last edited by: pokey: Aug 18, 18 21:01
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Lionel Sanders - Ironman Mont Tremblant [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What/Who says GI Bleeding is more common in endurance athletes?

(Unless they are on some kind of Hot Sauce like in the early days).
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Lionel Sanders - Ironman Mont Tremblant [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
rsmoylan wrote:
thatzone wrote:
Vegan????

Yep. That's what he said. For the last 12 weeks if I'm remembering right. He said that he feels amazing on it. He looks incredibly fit. We'll see how things go this weekend and into Kona. Looking forward to seeing how that goes.

I hope his blood numbers stay on track with this diet switch and he stays up on Iron, HCT etc. To me if feels like messing around with something that may not need to be changed, but thats from 180K away from Tremblant from the peanut gallery (I really should go over to watch/cheer on Sunday).

This, I hope he’s checking his numbers.

Maurice

The problem is that you can feel really good on this type of diet for a while losing weight and getting leaner, but then if the blood numbers go off track its not something that gets fixed in 2 weeks or a month (in general). It can be easy to "feel better, run faster, climb faster" until suddenly you're lean and weak because blood chemistry went the wrong way. I hope he stays on track with this.

As for tomorrow, good luck to Lionel!

Thomas Hellriegel changed his diet in the year before his Kona win. Not vegan but very clean and low in satured fat etc. He became very lean.

Obviously it paid off for Kona. But he later said that he was on the edge and Kona came at the right time. Afterwards power etc. started to drop.

However, I do believe that one can eat vegan long term and be healthy and powerful. Haven't tried it myself but some people have. But you need to know your stuff and pay attention.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Lionel Sanders - Ironman Mont Tremblant [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When your muscular endurance sporting career comes to an end.. you play golf. Seems to be true among st all pro sports
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Lionel Sanders - Ironman Mont Tremblant [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
High Level athletes tend to like other technical sporting endeavors. Many of them golf because it can be relaxing while also allow them to by hyper competitive. It is also an individual sport like triathlon, so there's that. I bet he plays a ton.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next