Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: This is one that pisses me off about cyclists [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"All because I swivelled my steering a little to avoid a pot hole and I was a good 4 feet to one side from her. And yes she was a screamer cuz she'll do it at least once every ride to someone ...outside of her 'elite' group. I just blew past and left her in the dust thinking she's never had a good screw before!

And I might be a "dickhead"

I'll be sure to not read too many more of your posts...

As much as I'm usually there just for the fun, it is similar to the "joker" coughing or making noise just when someone is about to hit a golf ball. Might be fun, but it gets you thrown out of a golf course at times. There is "etiquette" in everything from the simple (farting in an elevator) to the complicated (meeting the Queen of England). It never hurts to have an understanding of this, even if you do choose not to "follow the rules" as unwritten as they may be."

Hey rRoof,

Thanks for the compliments but I didn't really get your point.

Yeah, I was thinkuing she's never had a good screw before cuz I couldn't figure any other reason fo her to be so easily frustrated screaming with that ear piercing shrill for every little non-occurrence. Guess if she was getting satisfucked she wouldn't be so frustrated.

Yup you might be a dickhead but it doesn't take one to know that it's not nice to fart in the lift. -:). What's it got to do with pulling a group and drafting. Unless you're gonna do a stinky when others are on your tail.

Don't like to read my posts? No one is holding a gun to your head dude!

Cheers and no farting in the lifts OK?
Quote Reply
Re: This is one that pisses me off about cyclists [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree with you. if one wants to ride behind a leader, then follow the leader.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the subject for my reply:
THIS IS ONE THAT PISSES ME OFF ABOUT THIS FORUM

Like 140.6, et al said, get over yourself. So he doesn't know cycling 'ettiquette' - WTF does it matter? Did he show you up and now you've lost street cred amongst your road/tri clique? Damn I guess the important things in life don't seem so important anymore..

Good freakin night, that snobbery is what keeps newbies from ciming out and joining the fun. If you want your training to be full of ettiquette and posturing, then I'd be surprised if you were to find it at the LBS weekend open group rides.

Here is a hint, drop that ego of yours and increase your avg mph - PR that Saturday morning ride baby!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It worked out nicely. At the start of the ride I discussed with him the benefits of taking short pulls. He didn't see where he'd be able to take any because he couldn't keep up to start with other than by drafting, and I pointed out that when he notices the guys up front taking short recoveries, he could go up to the front and even if was just for a few hundred yards, return the favor.

He started doing just that and I was happy that I'd been able to help him (in the long run) to get stronger and particpate more as a group rider.

A couple of times I thought he probably pulled a little long, but thats one way to learn.

He's a nice guy, he just doesn't have too much experience with group riding. And he might wind up being really strong, too.

So we rode that way for most of our ride, then, since I had been Mr. nice guy already, we rode away from him with about 5 miles to go. I couldn't be totally nice! Give me at least partial credit.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for you Schwinging. Friendly explaination and discussions, that's the way when we're all out there to enjoy our great hobby-sport. It's very rare that you'll come across a rider who will not be willing to understand and compromise if he's spoken to as a pal. Especially a less experienced rider whose all out to learn what he can.

The elitist full of in circle etiquitte rules that I encountered come from a prominent LBS in our area who also happen to be importers of that particular Italiano over priced brand. Another one of their etiquette rules is that they try to discourage any fast mountain bikers who happen to latch on for part of the ride. Reckon it's dangerous ..what a load of Bull! These guys their body language is down right hostile and they are ever ready to bite someone's head off during rides. And it's just not me saying it but many others from various other groups I've heard saying the same exact thing about their f'ed-up snobbery. WTF it get's on my nerves when I see guys like that acting so superior and cool they can't even crack a smile. So basically I make it a point not to look lest I am tempted to bust them in the chops just to see a change of expression. Their demeanor just gets worse and ours get's more jovial when me and my 2 training partners sometimes just overtake them and out perform them in the ride.

Anyways I avoid their rides like the plague now and am not prepared to take any shit when in rides which are free for alls.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only get pissed off when I drag them through the race. I had an infamous hockey-style dust-up (including jersey pulled over the head) over this once.
Quote Reply

Prev Next