Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [Grim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am resurrecting an old thread, but has anyone run a wheel cover on a 2011 zipp 404 firecrest on a 7.2? I see conflicting things with a standard wheel vs a 50mm deep wheel. I want to surprise the girlfriend with one and cover her wheel for our next race!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [vdubkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed Concept 9, Reynolds Strike 66mm, Aerojacket and I have nearly 1/3" clearance between the coverand the grommet (not using the DuoTrap)

Doesn't answer your question but an FYI to other owners.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I running a Wheelbuilder cover with an Edge wheel and I have plenty of clearance with it also.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [vdubkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2011 SC7.2 with a Mavic Open and wired PT hub. I have about 5mm clearance (with the disc cover and duotrap sensor in) using just the fasteners and no tape inside or outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [number114] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at getting a PT wheel on my sc and am trying to decide between getting a wheel cover on a light box rim or if i should just get the disc with it built. Anyone having issues with very shallow rims with covers? it seems most people are running covers on their carbon wheels and having no trouble but that is because the cover isn't as large and doesnt have to go all the way down to the brake track.

I guess while im posting heres a side question, but I don't have the funding to get two PT's so whatever I get it built on, I'll be using it for training and racing. I'd say %95 of my riding will be on a trainer as roads are terrible around here for riding. How bad is it to ride a disc year round on a trainer? Is it going to fall apart quickly or be ok? The type of disc I would get would be something along the lines of a jet or similar clincher.

Last thing, anyone running cosmic carbones with an aero cover and makin it work?
Last edited by: nscott1463: Sep 28, 12 19:50
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [nscott1463] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone running 2009 Aeolus 5.0's with a aero cover? Might pick up a set with a pt real soon but want to make sure they fit my 2011 7.2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple more data points...i thout i already posted this but can't seem to find it. Sorry for being redundant.

not really answering your question but info for folks who are considering other fitments.

speed concept 9.9
Sub9 disc fits fine
1080 with wheel under cover fits fine
Older 404 with wheel builder cover fits fine
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [Insidious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So will a Flo 90 with a wheelbulider wheel cover fit on a 2014 SC 7.5?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [SwiftRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's bump this old thread and see if we can get an answer to this question.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [SwiftRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwiftRunner wrote:
So will a Flo 90 with a wheelbulider wheel cover fit on a 2014 SC 7.5?

I had a 2013 7-series with a flo90 and aerojacket. It fit, but I do recall that it was rubbing on the duotrap sensor. I removed the sensor and put electrical tape over the empty cavities.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Let's bump this old thread and see if we can get an answer to this question.

I ended up putting an aerojacket on my rear Flo 90 and it's worked fine. I haven't taken it off for years and have never had any issues.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no speed sensor with aeolus 9 and Catalyst Carbon wheel cover without issue on 2016 9series and 2020 SC. *Catalyst went out of business in 2016 without really telling anyone. They shipped my order, refunded my card because it was 4 weeks late and I missed it for my first race in 2016 then they disappeared.
Last edited by: SiRcivic27: Dec 8, 20 8:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yours is a second generation speed concept also right
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Yours is a second generation speed concept also right

Yup, 2nd Gen.
Quote Reply

Prev Next