Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Distributor has confirmed order is in, first week of April latest, hoping for an update next week (cross fingers telling me earlier).

Next week i will go sort brake levers, Bb, install tool, etc and cranks (hoping that LBS can get me the new Red Black)
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, so why doesn't Lieto, Wellington, Macca, etc...always use one when they can? I've seen them NOT using discs when they could. I see this a lot actually. Some places they just choose to NOT use a disc even when they are allowed to use one.

Look at the pic above. He obviously has several sets of wheels and chooses NOT to run the disc all the time.

If I like the cover, I may choose to buy a disc if Bontrager comes out with one.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [SpeedConcept1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately my superpowers do not include reading other minds, so I'm unable to answer your question.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [SpeedConcept1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may as well just say you aren't going to get a disc because i doubt bontrager will make a disc. just get a Hed or similar disc and then get a sticker to put on to match.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just want to say I wasn't meaning to sound brash or doubt you. I am new to all of this and I was curious. Another poster in this thread said he only uses his disc for certain races as well.

Thanks for your input and reply's. I donappreciate them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedConcept1 wrote:
I am new to all of this...
'Nuff said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedConcept1 wrote:

Look at the pic above. He obviously has several sets of wheels and chooses NOT to run the disc all the time.

If I like the cover, I may choose to buy a disc if Bontrager comes out with one.

Actually I'm pretty picky when and where to use my disk. For one, I wouldn't use in in an Ironman because of fear of flats (and I have flatted on an Ironman). I could easily change the sewup tires on any of my racing wheels but somehow its so much easier inflating my 808s than my disk so I would rather use the 808 for Ironman distances. I use the disk for Olympic and short distance Tris and road TTs (bike races not triathlons).

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, usually I leave personal preference for racing go, but i have to ask. What makes it easier to change a tire on a rimmed wheel vs a disc?

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it so annoying using the crackpipe on the disk because the pump hole is so small on the 909 / 999 disk. Zipp made the hole much bigger on disks thay made later on. My floor pump (which is the only one I use to inflate my disk) has a customized crackpipe just for the disk - and I can't imagine bringing a floor pump with me on an Ironman race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I can't imagine bringing a floor pump with me on an Ironman race. "

I can see the customised draft box now... Hey, always aero over weight right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a CO2 thingy that fits in, my disc is a very old ZIPP.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
I use a CO2 thingy that fits in, my disc is a very old ZIPP.

Styrrell

Hey Styrrell,

Mind if you take a picture of the attachment for the Co2. What I have is a big yellow head that won't fit into the air hole of the disk.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello.
http://www.genuineinnovations.com/...oad-tri-athlete.html

The microflate nano and airchuck elite should both work.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Genuine Innovations (which is what I'm thinking you have since you said it's a big yellow head) used to make a different head for their C02 cartridges that was black and much smaller. That's the type I have and it fits in the valve hole of my disc just fine. So if that's what Styrrell has you might try finding one of those.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone found a way to make a disc cover fit on the speed concept with a regular training wheel? I would like to get a disc cover to save money vs buying a disc but I don't have any other deep racing wheels, so I don't have the option for getting the disc cover for a deeper wheel. If the disc cover doesn't work on a training wheel does anybody have any other suggestions for a rear race wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going through the same issue. With my duotrap speed sensor installed, my disc rubs. If I tape the inside of the disk to the spokes, it does not rub. However, the disc has warps in it when i tape it to the inside.

How big of a deal is it to leave the disc as is with warps in it?

Would it be a better idea to just remove the speed/cadence sensor? GPS should work enough for speed. I pace by power anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [elpete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a garmin plus quarq and never installed anything in the duotrap slot. The covers worked great yesterday. For outdoor rides you don;t need the sensor at all, so why add the weight? For indoor trainer rides, does it really matter how many virtual miles you rode?

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you need the original placeholder that comes in the bike or do you simply take the sensor out?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [elpete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never took the cover off.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious about this as well... would love to have a cover for my first half.

If all I have to do is take the duo tap out (7 series) boo yah. I need all the help I can get.

owner: world's tightest psoas (TM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured I did and asked Carl the part number. It is 411777, if you need to order a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From someone weighing a disc/disc cover setup, but who only does longer races, THAT was a very helpful post! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a Mavic Cosmic Carbone with a cover on my SC 7.2 and it worked great with the sensor and a tiny hole for the round magnet in the cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Owners/Wheelbuilder Disc Cover issue.... [albush1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a picture by chance? Do you tape the cover to the spokes or anything like that?
Quote Reply

Prev Next