Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What are you running in? [turtlegirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had good luck with Mizuno's Wave Creation.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Balance 1220 or 1221

Had tons of problems with feet and shins until I found these. Been using for 3 years and will not switch.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been running in some form of Brooks since 1988. When I started running I had a pair of Asics which were nice but since then I have worn Brooks starting with the Argent. For the last few years it has been Adrenaline GTS or Trance NX_. They have worked well and have a cusioned feeling so I have not changed it.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics Gel Nimbus VI

I ran in Sauconys for a time, but they never felt as if they had enough forefoot cushioning. These Asics are great and have a ton of cushioning under the forefoot. A bit pricey, but it's worth it to me since they are so comfortable. I use them with heat conformable YourSoles and I'm good to go.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I'm running with Brooks Adrenaline. It's a solid mid-priced shoe. I used to be a devout Asics Kayano fan but they change pretty significantly from year to year, and last year the increased the price again. Sorry but anything over $100 for running shoes (especially traing) is stupid-dumb. They're well north of that figure.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [triyoshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too went for Mizuno. Now I have to split allegiance. Mizuno's flats no longer seem flat nor light. So now I go with:

Asics Gel-Tiger Paw for up to about 10-12 miles

Mizuno Wave Legend 3 for over 10-12 or colder weather

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought that this thread looked familiar.

I am still training in NB 765's, and training/racing in NB900's. The 900's are so light, it's freaking awesome. Nice wide, open toebox. I look forward to seeing what kind of speed I can muster for a 5K or 10K when I get back into running shape.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [Jim Mishler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
am a saucony fan - static racers for 5k,5m- (though i have done marathon and a half marathon in them as well...the marathon was a huge mistake) - and the saucony azura has to be my favorite lightweight trainer and i have tried many - i like the minimal cushion on the forefoot - doesn't feel like a pillow and i prefer that - the snug saucony heel is amazing. no medial in this shoe though so i use it 2x a week. use the saucony web for lsd and trail runs exceeding 2 hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training: Brooks Burn 2 + Spenco insoles

Racing (10K or less): Nike Mayfly

Racing (>10K): Brooks T3 Racer
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [Tachysracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mizuno Wave Riders, my fifth pair, love them.

Barry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the self declared "Imelda Marcos of Athletic shoes." I seemed to have acquired shoes and multiples of shoes for every activity.

After many trials over the years, here are my personal favorites (no injuries, very few blisters, just a few lost toenails).

training - mizuno wave creation

im/1/2 im - mizuno wave precision

5k/10k - mizuno flat not sure of model, ridiculously cheap on sale as discontinued model

trail - Salomon xa pro - fairly light, good rock protection and enough cushioning for the road.

winter - Salomon XA pro xcr - great snowshoe running shoe. Warm, durable, cushioned, water/snow proof. Also the best lacing system in the industry.

Shoes I have tried and dismissed for various reasons: Saucony Grid Stabil, Asics Gel kayano, Asics 2080, Asic DS trainer, Asics DS racer, Nike Air structure, Brooks Beast, Adidas, Avia, New Balance.

"It is never too late to fix your childhood!" Tom Robbins

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]whatever i can buy on sale ;-).... [/reply]

You guys should at least try a pair of vitruvians. Good price, very comfortable and very flexible sole on the forefoot.

I don't work for them, in any way, shape or form!

www.vitruvianrunning.com

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: What is The Bad Monk running in? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There has to be something we can do to bring Monk out of this five day absence from SlowTwitch. Maybe this will do it.

Can anyone tell what shoes he is running in?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you running in?

Well, looking outside, today I'll be RUNNING IN "the cold" and "the wind". I can't decide whether to wear my Brooks Beast 02's or to start the "barefoot running" thing.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics 2100s
Quote Reply

Prev Next