Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What are you running in?
Quote | Reply
I throw this up here every few months to see where people are at with their running shoes.

I'm using some kind of Asics shoe I bought for the cushioning and they are very, very nice. I am considering the purchase of another pair of Asics I saw a customer wearing yesterday that were a Gore-Tex (I think....?) lined deally-o specifically for winter and trail running.

My ankle is better now and I think these Asics helped nurse me through that whole ordeal. Also, I find of all the shoes I've tried, for some reason the Asics stuff seems to last a little longer, important when you go through shoes like me....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on my fifth or sixth pair of Asics gel 2080's. Best shoes I've ran in, although I have to admit i've only been running for a few years.

I'm a runner pretending to be a Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use NIKE skylons....with arch support insoles....got them cheap recently.....also have Asics Gel magic racers....but they dont have enough support for me.....I need loads of cushioning and they have to be neutral....arch support is what I need though....as I figured and was confirmed by the chiropractor....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Train - Adidas Supernova Competition (Stability) or Adidas Rotterdam (Cushion)

Race (local) - Adidas Response Competition or Nike Kukini (still have 5 new pair left!)

Race (fast) - Adidas Cubato

I actually ran IMLP in the Kukinis...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Balance 765's and Asics 2090. can't wait to try the NB 1050...had one on the other day...felt great! also have a pair of NB 1100's for trail running. a great shoe.

kurt

kas
http://www.asics.com
http://www.aerobicsfirst.com
Team SynergySport
http://www.hookit.com/...evenson/default.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My shoes have been banished. They have a thick funk to them that nothing, even natures miracle, can cut through it. They stink whiz bang plastic post squeek when I walk or run in them. They are a lot like me.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adidas A3 (cubed) for Long stuff.

Adidas Clima Cool Trail for the dirty stuff.

Adidas Rotterdam for the Fast stuff.

I did 25k run today in my N2S top and tights, so comfortable in temperture and fit. Thanks for the recommendation.

OhTom, how did you get on with the Isotonic gels I left? Or have you not used them yet?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
new balance 856. extra narrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training: Asics Gel-DS Trainer VIII

Racing: Asics Gel-DS Racer V
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am running in some type of Addidas shoe right now (I have no idea what except that I got it on sale for $50 so I'd thought that I'd give it a try). I usually run in Addidas or Mizuno and occasionally Saucony. I am fortunate enough to not have any difficulties with my running gait to warrant being picky. I just go into a store, try on whatever is on sale, and if it fits then that is what I run in. I have a pair of ultra light Saucony racing flats to wear for some short distance racing or track work next summer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran in Asics Gel Lytes from around 1988 until they phased them out a couple of years ago. I stocked up when they were discontinued, but when the last of those were gone I went to Scott Dvorak's Charlotte Running Company and had them perform a gait analysis and tried several brands/styles. I ended up in the Asics 2090. Asics were the only brand that didn't feel like they were putting my foot in an unnatural position. The Kayano X were actually the most comfortable running shoes I had ever put on, but they're out of my price range. The 2090/2080 (and now there's the 2100) feel almost exactly like the Gel Lytes that I loved, only a tiny bit heavier.

Re: What are you running in? [kas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also use the 765s, wide fit. I have followed this line since the days of the 761s (I think...many years ago).

Do the ASICs 2090s give you the same kind of fit and feel as the NBs?

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on my 6th or 7th pair of New Balance 855's. I really like them, plus they come in wide sizes so i can get my EE. I dont' wear them to race though, they are way too heavy. i use some super light addidas flats, not sure what model they are. The 855's help alot for folks with flat feet that cause knee problems, even better then the numerous pairs of prescription inserts i tried.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mizuno Wave Legends

Nike Free for short "barefoot" training on track

Anybody wear those tights with the supports around the knees? how do you like them?

Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwi,

no...a bit more of a medial post, and quite a bit softer...that's why I can't wait for the 1050's...alot like the 2090's, but not quite as soft. they actually felt a bit lighter (if size 12.5 can get light!) than the 765.

I've found the 76+ line really good (like you, I have been in them for a while). started in asics (did the whole 2000 series until the 2050, then they increased the post, which really screwed me up...tons of injuries). found the 760 line, and have been in them ever since. I ran in the 2090 a bit this summer because they (Asics) seemed to decrease the post a bit more to my liking (no injuries...). their motion control shoe (from what I understand in is the Kayano) is too much (and way too expensive!!)

kurt

kas
http://www.asics.com
http://www.aerobicsfirst.com
Team SynergySport
http://www.hookit.com/...evenson/default.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [robb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
second on the NB 856s. great training shoe, very comfortable, good support for my overpronation. stopped having shin splints since i switched over to the NB 850 serires starting with the 854.

someone else mentioned the kukinis. i thought they were great race shoes for tri races of any distance. i'm very disappointed that nike discontinued them, as they were light, easy to slip into in T2, and provided decent support even for marathons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are all the Brooks fan? I used to run in Brooks Ariel- severe overpronator. After a couple of years of running I have improved my form and local running store guy said I could "move up" to Brooks addiction. I love them! So light compared to what I had been running in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use asic 2090's for the road and racing and brooks adrenaline trail for all dirt running (which is 80%+) of my miles.

I like the 2090's a lot but I am in between sizes and the loose mesh upper feels dangerous on the trails. My foot moves laterally.

I also have a few pairs of brooks adrenaline's that I used for trails before they put out the trail specifc version. Unf. the trail version runs a bit smaller and long descents have been banging up my toes a bit. I also tear through shoes and have found that the brooks last significantly longer than the 2090's. They're a bit heavier though.

------------------------------------------------------------

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics DS Trainer VII

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mizuno alchemy at home (for the trails), ascics 2080s in FL (concrete and brick)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am currently running in Saucony Grid Triumphs and I have a pair of Saucony Static Racers for 5, 10, and half-marathon races and sprint and olympic distance triathlons. My last half-marathon I got a massive blister in them, though. Have you had any problems in long course triathlons or half-marathons in racing flats?
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Asics GT-2090 - very nice even though I have only worn the right one for a month, the left is all new and pretty cause I have a big cam walker/boot for stress fx.

Tri Nic - I have had the CW/X tights for a few months - ran a marathon in em - I cant say as I noticed a huge difference while wearing them, but once I took em off I could tell they were doing something. And they are not that much more $ than regular tights and you get the added bonus of looking like a superhero

Zoe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks 04 Radius

I don't know you but for some reason, I worry about your ankle. Please make sure it is at least 85% before you start pushing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NB 1023s for LSD

NB 833s for track and longer races

NB 870s for trails

NB RC230s (Flats for racing)

NB 303s (sandals for slumming around)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saucony Freestyle