Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What are you running in? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 18 pairs of shoes. What do you want? Cushioning? Asics Nimbus, slightly used, size 12.
Support and stability? Gel Kayano, heavily abused, size 12.
Racers? Something red from Nike that make my feet hurt after about 7 miles.
Funny looking shoes? Nike Shox TL in silver/creme.
Some Mizuno lurking in the corner, a Brooks something or other with its tongue hanging out next to the picture of Lassie.
Shoes? I got shoes!
Now, running talent is something I'd like to pick up from my running store. Screw the shoes. Just box up the bloody talent. I'll take 20 pairs of TALENT. :)
Please don't mention bike shoes.....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For training I have had at least 15 pair of Asics DS Trainers. Have tried other brands every third pair of DS. None have the great ASICS fit(for me) and performance

Racing: Asics Gel-DS Racer</= Int'l distance
Asics DS Trainers>/= 1/2 & full IM

Dick Chartier

"Get up on your bike" Luka Bloom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am totally minimalist.

Asics 5150's for off-road, and Asics Hyperpaws (Shawn F says these are a "fashion" shoe) for road.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoes? I don't need shoes...ask Mary Decker Slaney Newton John...sincerely Zola Budd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoes? Who needs them? I take the subway...signed Rose Ruiz.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short distance Aasics Gel-Magic Racer. Medium distance Aasics Gel-Magic Racer. Long distance Aasics Gel-Magic Racer. Ultra Aasics Gel-Magic Racer. Training Aasics Gel-Magic Racer. Love this shoe!!
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [catmandu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2nd pair of Saucony Grid Hurricane but am contemplating a lighter purchase later this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asics gel nimbus -- wonderful shoe -- on my second pair. may try a pair of the nike shox 2:45. Look pretty cool. Haven't worn nikes in about 10 years. we'll see. I have started to run w/o socks so my transitions can go a bit quicker. having good luck with it so far.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics Kayano X

Asics 2090

Mizuno Mercury

Mizuno Nirvana

Rotate them all, usually run in the Mercury for races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran the last season in a pair of Brooks Addiction 6's with spenco insoles in them, bought a second pair and hated them. I'm running in a pair of Asics 1090's with my insoles in them now and really like them.

I don't know why but I haven't found any stability shoe that has any arch support in them. They are all flat inside. I have flat feet but need the arch support more than any anti pronation stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions?

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mizuno Wave Rider. Third set this year. Super comfortable, good cushion in the forefoot and they have the EE which isn't common in a cushion shoe. Have had no problems with blisters, even when brand new or totally wet from sweat or rain.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks Trance, only one pair of shoes for me, some of you guys have more shoes than my girlfriend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom!

I'm worried about you! First you say "some kind of Asics shoe", then it's on to desiring a shoe you saw a customer wearing. Yikes! No wonder (maybe) you had that ankle problem! I know there are some people who say that we are all gullible as hell for buying into the special feet/special shoe racket, but I am a mild overpronator I really think that my feet respond differently to different types of shoes. I guess I would say to you to get a professional shoe person have a good look at your feet and your running style, and follow their recommendations.

As for your original question, I train in the Asics 2000 series as well as the DS Trainer. I race in the DS Trainer as well, except at Boston this year when I used the Asics 2090. (For my fall '03 marathon and IMLP I used the DS Trainer.)
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [longspur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ASICS Gel Foundations. I used to use New Balance 855, but I like the feel of the ASICS better. We clydesdales need all the cushioning we can get!

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Train and race with Saucony Grid Trigons. Just bought my fifth or sixth pair of them today- happy knees and zero black toenails along the way with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit of a loaded question as I was co-owner of a specialty running store for almost 7 years and have over 30 pair of running shoes (about 6 not yet worn)...some I run in and some I kick around in just for fashion.

I really like the 1st generation Mizuno Precision and Maverick, circa '01, and still have 2 new pair that I'm saving for a special occassion. I'm a big fan of almost any lightweight trainer that asics puts out so I also have 2 new pair of Gel-Verdicts.

Tomas, in the same way that you are ride the bike of your choice, I was able to wear whatever shoe I wanted to. I found that I liked the $130 top-end model from each maker for standing around and working in the shop but when it came to actual running they always seemed to be "overbuilt". A simple $90 lightweight trainer from Mizuno or asics without too much medial posting will do me just fine every time.

Miguel in the 'No...El Tribato

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nike Air Slylons have been my personal favorite since they were developed. Everytime I try another brand, on someone's recomendation, I always end up with hip problems. Learned my lesson, stick with Nike, it works for me.

Quote | Reply
Daily training: alternating Brooks Adrenaline GTS V and Puma Tenos

Racing: Mizuno Maverick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics 2090s, third pair. I switched to them when they were Asics 2020s, have had no problems with them and see no reason to switch brands on models. My next pair, which will be purchased around February 1, will be a pair of Asics 2100s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saucony Grid Hurricane

I get last years model from nationalrunningcenter.com for cheap.

------------------------------------------------------------

...If wishes were fishes we would all cast nets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strictly Asics--started with the GT2001?? in about 1986??
NOw running in the 2020's (old model found for $45). Otherwise the 2090's. This sounds weird, but Asics are
the only brand that fit my feet. (duck-like feet).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You cyclists are the best...'some kind of ASICS shoe'. No surprise to anyone, I'm wearing ASICS. Day-to-day-training: GT-2090, Speed work and tempo runs: DS-Trainer or GEL-Flash, and for racing: GEL-Magic Racer.

-Shawn, ASICS America

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pearl izumi, they are white, not sure about the name but got them very cheap at the outlet. very stable and supportive, laces suck at the moment but apart from that the shoe is fast and very comfy. A lot better than my old nike's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mizuno Wave Revolver. Nice flats for training and racing.

justin d
Quote Reply
Re: What are you running in? [Justin D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run in Asics - now i'm using a pair of Gel-Verdict DS but usually run in 2080s. I don't think they make them anymore so now they are called 2090s. Super comfortable and very stable. I usually buy two pairs at a time when i find them on sale.
Quote Reply

Prev Next