Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
It´s North American Champs - Tomås is infact North American :). Viva Mexico!

pier87 wrote:
Mulen wrote:
Tomas Rodriguez running sub 3:30 min/km first 7.2 km ... dayum!

he's flying, at this pace he'd win with 5 mins plus on anyone!

Finally some representation 😬😃

swim.bike.run.soccer
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
To anyone, what bike is wilms on

It appears to be a Storck, but I don't know why they put that branding on it.

https://www.storck-bikes.com/...d/tt-triathlon/aero3

It's not a rebraded Storck. It's the same open mold bike that Ribble also uses.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is (at least was) sponsored by Storck, but Storck might be using the open mould you mention.

Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slow_bob wrote:
She is (at least was) sponsored by Storck, but Storck might be using the open mould you mention.

Yeah Storck use frames from Chinese manufacturer Pardus (or the same underlying factory)

Regards, Richard
3D Bits and Pieces - https://www.printables.com/@thetrickster_793480
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would it be fair to say that Rodriguez is the fastest North American IM-distance athlete at the moment? Has Sanders or Long gone faster than this?
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that's a fair statement at the moment. Rodriguez has improved his bike aero efficiency, if he gets a bit more wattage, he could be a serious Kona contender as his swim and run are top notch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
Would it be fair to say that Rodriguez is the fastest North American IM-distance athlete at the moment? Has Sanders or Long gone faster than this?

I bet Jack thinks he's "possibly the best ever"
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
"Rodriguez is the fastest North American IM-distance athlete at the moment?"
I think that's a fair statement at the moment. Rodriguez has improved his bike aero efficiency, if he gets a bit more wattage, he could be a serious Kona contender as his swim and run are top notch.
I guess RvB and Kanute would wish to be included in the North American chat. Do Long and Sanders race full distance nowadays?
If we think Lange is a "serious" contender for IMWC, and he obviously is, then I guess this is a question of how far back from 100% is Lange. Yesterday they swam together, biked for a long time together and then Rodriguez pushed off on the last downwind rush on the tollway and started the run 36 seconds ahead.
The difference was that Rodriguez ran 1:13/1:21 and Lange ran 1:16/1:19.
As far as 'records' are concerned, I believe that at 7:42:38 Rodriguez has just raced the fastest IM debut ever (discarding venues with a significant current assistance). His previous outing was a bike/run.
And that time is faster than Iden's at Florida, 10 months before his memorable Kona 2022 win.
#Thorsten: https://www.trirating.com/...an-distance-records/
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [An_apple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An_apple wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:
So when are we gonna see a Mortal Move or other promo about why low calorie stevia drinks are the new rage for endurance sports?

When an athlete bonks is that the Mortal move?

Re: the drafting penalty. Looks like Kat is going for bust. Did they show it on camera? Interesting move with the technology. I wonder if she can demonstrate an margin error in the radar that could undo the penalty if that's why it's called.

I like that she's going for it.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but it seems that athletes riding with McCauley have a higher chance at penalties. Sodaro got one in taupo and now mathews. I don’t think either of those athletes have gotten a drafting penalty in a long long time before those. Maybe she slows down in weird spots and people get caught? Just seems to be a common denominator.

Yo! I love a conspiracy but sat with Kat and read her this:

[laughing] “OMG no Jocelyn is great! She’s smooth and is almost too honest herself, leaves huge gaps and if she ever gets even slightly too close instantly overtakes”

Kat’s penalty was when they caught a couple of slower riders who ended up in the group then slowed into a bridge. Probably a little bit trigger happy from the ref and certainly not the worst offence out there, most going un punished BUT glad to see refs actually doing something. It was pretty clear she was the strongest rider in the race so wasn’t trying to cheat and with the win there was no point protesting when she thought the intent was honest from the ref.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Rodriguez on a testing protocol?

With PTN latest release on the T100 athletes not being on testing protocols, my thoughts are if they’re not on IM testing protocols, they should be ineligible for the series.
Last edited by: Vthokie09: Apr 28, 24 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [Vthokie09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vthokie09 wrote:

With PTN latest release on the T100 athletes not being on testing protocols, my thoughts are if they’re not on IM testing protocols, they should be ineligible for the series.
Athletes don't have a choice whether or not they're put on protocol so that would be an absurdly unfair stipulation.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree on all you mention here, mate. Rodriguez IM debut was in Cozumel, which was no-swim, so as per "full-IM", that may very well be true!
But he had the bike-run experience in the legs already.

And trust me: Waiting 2-3 hours under the Mexican sun in 2023 IM Cozumel, no drinks and no food, before they let us take off on the bikes, did not make that Ironman much easier, even if the swim was cancelled :)

Seeing him run IRL in Cozumel, I already knew he was an ace.
My family is Mexican - and we were ALL rooting and cheering (LOUDLY) here for Tomås´victory yesterday! What a cliffhanger in the end!

Ajax Bay wrote:
As far as 'records' are concerned, I believe that at 7:42:38 Rodriguez has just raced the fastest IM debut ever (discarding venues with a significant current assistance). His previous outing was a bike/run.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Vthokie09 wrote:

Athletes don't have a choice whether or not they're put on protocol so that would be an absurdly unfair stipulation.

It’s unfair that athletes are eligible to compete when they’re not playing by the same sets of rules for those that are tested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vthokie09 wrote:
realbdeal wrote:
Vthokie09 wrote:

It’s unfair that athletes are eligible to compete when they’re not playing by the same sets of rules for those that are tested.
No one disagrees. We'd all love it if everyone was on an RTP but we're not and that simply isn't up to us. Everyone is at least subject to onsite testing. This is an Ironman/federation issue, not an athlete issue.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about these athletes:

Vthokie09 wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, that was the post I was referencing, which led to my question on whether or not Tomas is on a protocol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has been an ITU athlete for years, and of course he is on the same protocol as everybody else. Why would he not be?

Vthokie09 wrote:
Yes, that was the post I was referencing, which led to my question on whether or not Tomas is on a protocol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t follow ITU, and have never heard of him until yesterday’s win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
He has been an ITU athlete for years, and of course he is on the same protocol as everybody else. Why would he not be?

Vthokie09 wrote:
Are you sure he is? It absolutely sucks we have to have this conversation and it's not even Tomas' fault if he's not in an RTP. However, I'd love if someone was able to show he was in an RTP because I can't find it.
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [Tritalkingfacts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tritalkingfacts wrote:
An_apple wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:
So when are we gonna see a Mortal Move or other promo about why low calorie stevia drinks are the new rage for endurance sports?

Re: the drafting penalty. Looks like Kat is going for bust. Did they show it on camera? Interesting move with the technology. I wonder if she can demonstrate an margin error in the radar that could undo the penalty if that's why it's called.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but it seems that athletes riding with McCauley have a higher chance at penalties. Sodaro got one in taupo and now mathews. I don’t think either of those athletes have gotten a drafting penalty in a long long time before those. Maybe she slows down in weird spots and people get caught? Just seems to be a common denominator.

[laughing] “OMG no Jocelyn is great! She’s smooth and is almost too honest herself, leaves huge gaps and if she ever gets even slightly too close instantly overtakes”

Kat’s penalty was when they caught a couple of slower riders who ended up in the group then slowed into a bridge. Probably a little bit trigger happy from the ref and certainly not the worst offence out there, most going un punished BUT glad to see refs actually doing something. It was pretty clear she was the strongest rider in the race so wasn’t trying to cheat and with the win there was no point protesting when she thought the intent was honest from the ref.

Mark

Hey Mark, as always you had a few animated conversations with Kat caught on the live stream while on the run, would love to hear on the podcast what you were discussing, especially in the early miles, there was a lot of hand gesticulating from both of you! LOL!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [Tritalkingfacts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tritalkingfacts wrote:
An_apple wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:

Mark

I’m glad you thought yesterday she biked correctly but I have heard from multiple people at many races that she has a tendency to get people a little close behind her when refs are around to give some penalties. In theory it’s a legal strategy I suppose but just feels a little slimy to do. It seems to happen more in races where she is tired or not having her best day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An_apple wrote:
Tritalkingfacts wrote:
An_apple wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:

Mark

I’m glad you thought yesterday she biked correctly but I have heard from multiple people at many races that she has a tendency to get people a little close behind her when refs are around to give some penalties. In theory it’s a legal strategy I suppose but just feels a little slimy to do. It seems to happen more in races where she is tired or not having her best day.

Well I just sat with multiple women who have raced her many many times ant the awards and they all laughed at this notion. I’d hazard a guess that anyone suggesting this is just not as good as her on the bike. Chelsea sits close. You could see it in the Instagram stories of the NZ race. And she got a penalty. Jocelyn is not deliberately slowing down to get people penalties. She hits a pace and holds it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have heard from multiple people at many races that she has a tendency to get people a little close behind her when refs are around to give some penalties. //

It is basically like when driving a car, the one behind has all the responsibility for distance, and none on the driver(or rider) in front. Of course during the course of the bike portion of a race there are going to be speed changes, up and down. When you are the leading rider you get the luxury of making those changes on your own needs. It really is one of the only perks to leading a group or just being in front of others. So to blame that person for what really is just inattention to the trailing riders response, well grasping at straws really..

Of course Kat was the strongest rider on the day, but doesnt mean she didnt get caught up in stuff. And as she apparently explained, it was somewhere else where there was natural compression of the group. One thing that could be at issue, is the PTO where she races is much more flexible when someone barley enters the zone, and doesnt force them to make a pass every single time. And to some extent Ironman does the same, but every once in awhile a ref decides to enforce the letter of the rule and if that red light goes off and you dont pass, well that's your penalty right there. I wasn't there so cannot judge intent, but seems like her explanation seems reasonable and it was sort of a ticky tack call, although within the letter of the law..
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correction, “Possibly best ever in the history of the Ironman pro series”
Quote Reply
Re: Texas IM - 1st full IM in the IM series - [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Lange's front end a faring?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next