Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [TMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TMI wrote:
If your and Nutella's critiques hadn't equated Trump with conservatism, I might have taken them more seriously.

So conservatives think trump should be president, but he is not conservative?

So even conservatives don’t want a conservative in charge?
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
TMI wrote:
If your and Nutella's critiques hadn't equated Trump with conservatism, I might have taken them more seriously.

Conservatives just want to be in charge. Period. None of the rest matters. Trump could be a communist. They don’t give a shit as long as they have power.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
TMI wrote:

As a never-Trumper, I don't get his continuing appeal. It seems to be all about power.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am paying $5.39 for a gallon of regular gas.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's what my UK friend said: if this passes you will have a King. Why didn't you keep the first one and saved yourself the trouble?
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
chaparral wrote:
TMI wrote:

Conservatives just want to be in charge. Period. None of the rest matters. Trump could be a communist. They don’t give a shit as long as they have power.

For the politicians? Yes.
For their benefactors? Yes.
For their voters?

They are pretty simple: Guns, God, Greed, and Bigotry (though in the last 4 years I'd replace bigotry with anti-woke. There is a difference).

Trump could eat kittens provided that he's on the same page with the above 4 issues.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
That isn’t a Biden thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

I'm paying $3.31, Biden must just hate California.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
So move out of Cali. My left leaning ass in Texas paid $3/gallon for regular yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

You should move. I am paying $2.90 a gallon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
Biden inherited chaos from Trump. He has brought inflation down from 9.06% to 3.15%. He turned Trump's 14% unemployment to todays 3.8%. Lowered gas prices by $1.70 per gallon. Turned Trump's flaccid economy into the best economy in the world. *

*The reality is the President has limited direct control over the economy.

your asterisk is pretty important there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The overwhelming majority of potential Trump voters live outside of California and are probably paying in the ballpark of $3.50 per gallon. I’m not sure who he’s reaching with that bullshit.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Apr 26, 24 5:20
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Nutella wrote:
Biden inherited chaos from Trump. He has brought inflation down from 9.06% to 3.15%. He turned Trump's 14% unemployment to todays 3.8%. Lowered gas prices by $1.70 per gallon. Turned Trump's flaccid economy into the best economy in the world. *

Yup. When Republicans push the talking point that the President controls gas, baby food, and egg prices it only confirms their economic illiteracy.

The Trump folks have some delusions of how they might be able to influence the economy for political gain.
Trump Allies Draw Up Plans to Blunt Fed’s Independence - WSJ

Quote:
Donald Trump’s allies are quietly drafting proposals that would attempt to erode the Federal Reserve’s independence if the former president wins a second term, in the midst of a deepening divide among his advisers over how aggressively to challenge the central bank’s authority.

Former Trump administration officials and other supporters of the presumptive GOP nominee have in recent months discussed a range of proposals, from incremental policy changes to a long-shot assertion that the president himself should play a role in setting interest rates. A small group of the former president’s allies—whose work is so secretive that even some prominent former Trump economic aides weren’t aware of it—has produced a roughly 10-page document outlining a policy vision for the central bank, according to people familiar with the matter.

I think we can all agree this is batshit crazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:

Yup. When liberals push the talking point that the President controls gas, baby food, and egg prices it only confirms their economic illiteracy.

Totally
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

You should move. I am paying $2.90 a gallon.
the oil prices are a global thing and not something that the government have complete control over... there may be policies that can cause some adjustment like reducing the strategic reserve but in the end this is caused by global uncertainty and demand, so blaming it on the government is rather strange but common.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Yup. When Republicans push the talking point that the President controls gas, baby food, and egg prices it only confirms their economic illiteracy.

The Trump folks have some delusions of how they might be able to influence the economy for political gain.
Trump Allies Draw Up Plans to Blunt Fed’s Independence - WSJ

Quote:
Donald Trump’s allies are quietly drafting proposals that would attempt to erode the Federal Reserve’s independence if the former president wins a second term, in the midst of a deepening divide among his advisers over how aggressively to challenge the central bank’s authority.

Former Trump administration officials and other supporters of the presumptive GOP nominee have in recent months discussed a range of proposals, from incremental policy changes to a long-shot assertion that the president himself should play a role in setting interest rates. A small group of the former president’s allies—whose work is so secretive that even some prominent former Trump economic aides weren’t aware of it—has produced a roughly 10-page document outlining a policy vision for the central bank, according to people familiar with the matter.

It’s not crazy because it happens in other countries. Many presidents want more monetary control. President Erdogan of Turkey put patsies in the CBRT and forced interests rates down to very negative real rates, and it nearly sunk the economy. He has since relented and allowed saner people to run monetary policy, and things have improved somewhat (though many challenges remain). There is an ongoing spat between the government and central bank in Thailand. Poland’s former Law and Justice Party had heavy influence over its central bank governor Adam Glapinksi (who slashed interest rates last Sept and Oct in the run up to elections), and Poland’s new PM Donald Tusk is now pushing back to get the NBP back to independence. Other countries have done stellar work to ensure central bank independence, including Brazil in recent years through legislation.

The question is whether we want this country to remain one of the standard bearers for sound economic policy, or become a tin pot nation with a wannabe dictator who has control of every aspect of running the country, much for his own personal interests.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It is not my fault it keeps being relevant.

Do you have a better description of conservatism.

30 or so years ago, I was told that the parties essentially were:

1) democrats = dreamers, wanted to do the impossible.
2) conservatives = realists, had to be the adults in the room.

I dont think this is the case anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
Quote:

2) conservatives = realists, had to be the adults in the room.

Yeah - certainly this wave of Republican are NOT grown-ups.

In fact, they have gone to great efforts to purge all of the grown-ups from their party.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
Quote:

2) conservatives = Bullsh!t artists who told you all that BS about conservative principals to make you feel like they were on your side while they represented the 1% and the Corporations!

Fixed it for you.

Republicans are just as fine with Donald Trump as they were with Ronald Regan, as long they can get their agenda passed.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Apr 26, 24 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
torrey wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

We are paying $3.10 NZD per liter. That's $11.72 per gallon.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Apr 26, 24 7:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

Out of curiosity, what type of vehicle do you drive?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So where is everyone on this immunity deal?

Have we seen enough to know the SC will either carve out some immunity to apply to Trumps specific actions in this case, or that they will send it back to the lower court, who will make a ruling sometime after the election, thereby making this case a waste of time as it relates to the election?
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Thom wrote:
torrey wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

The average price in the Netherlands Monday was €2.088/L. €7.90/US G, $8.44/g US (NL is most expensive in Europe, but you're maybe saving 0.10/L crossing into Germany or Belgium)
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Thom wrote:
torrey wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

time to buy a motorcycle over there. Ducati makes nice bikes, Yamaha and Honda are very reliable.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Immunity Case [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
So where is everyone on this immunity deal?

Have we seen enough to know the SC will either carve out some immunity to apply to Trumps specific actions in this case, or that they will send it back to the lower court, who will make a ruling sometime after the election, thereby making this case a waste of time as it relates to the election?
IDK.

All I know for certain is Teflon Don will wiggle his way out of all of this and come very close to winning the election in November.
Quote Reply

Prev Next