Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NFL Week 14 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Baker's looking impressive for having joined this offense less than 72 hours ago.

Who had him on the bingo card tonight? He made some clutch throws.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swede had the rams. Yep mayfield was impressive on that final drive.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even the interception pass was on target were it not for the holding. He played lights out on that 98 yard drive. Storybook shit.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

I was impressed with him on several drives earlier in the game and he made some great passes. Given that he showed up two days before the game, even moreso.

So the Raiders have lost to a coach that worked for ESPN a week prior and a QB who showed up 48 prior, maybe Josh McDaniels sucks as a HC?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Francois wrote:

I was impressed with him on several drives earlier in the game and he made some great passes. Given that he showed up two days before the game, even moreso.

So the Raiders have lost to a coach that worked for ESPN a week prior and a QB who showed up 48 prior, maybe Josh McDaniels sucks as a HC?

Hmmm let’s ask broncos fans
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Francois wrote:

Normally I'd be on the he sucks bandwagon, but the Raiders beat Seattle, in Seattle last week. If OT no less.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
jmh wrote:
Francois wrote:

Normally I'd be on the he sucks bandwagon, but the Raiders beat Seattle, in Seattle last week. If OT no less.

I'm not sure, I kinda like Mayfield even when he was flipping off my Jayhawks in Lawrence. His best moment however was planting the OU flag in the middle of Ohio State's field his senior year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty good for a guy you think is more likely to be in the XFL than an NFL starter

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I said, I like Baker and root for guys like him. I still think that statement holds true. You think he’ll be a starting QB in the NFL next year?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baker has some real winnable games left on the Rams schedule

12/19 @ Packers
12/25 Broncos @ home
1/1 @ Chargers, but it's really a de facto home game
1/2 @ Seahawks, ok he'll lose this one, it my homer pick after all.

Say he wins 3-4 out of his 5 games, he'll definitely get some looks from the NFL. Indy maybe??

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Baker has some real winnable games left on the Rams schedule

12/19 @ Packers
12/25 Broncos @ home
1/1 @ Chargers, but it's really a de facto home game
1/2 @ Seahawks, ok he'll lose this one, it my homer pick after all.

Say he wins 3-4 out of his 5 games, he'll definitely get some looks from the NFL. Indy maybe??

If he plays like yesterday, and he is willing to be a backup I think he will have a job next year for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
jmh wrote:
Francois wrote:

Probably shouldn't use a mediocre Seattle team as a litmus test, could make a good argument that McDaniels has as much or more talent in every game they've played this year except against KC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Texans at Cowboys this one smells like a trap game. all signs point to a Texans thrashing

Good call. Its the start of the 4th Q and the Texans are winning. The 17pt spread looks like a little silly now.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [Guff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Vikings going for two in the third was.....interesting
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
The Vikings going for two in the third was.....interesting

No need to sugar coat stupid decisions with poor execution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
As I said, I like Baker and root for guys like him. I still think that statement holds true. You think he’ll be a starting QB in the NFL next year?

Possibly. It depends on where he signs. Maybe he stays in LA and waits a couple years until Stafford retires? Or goes to one of the teams which will be looking for a QB this off-season that are less dysfunctional than the panthers. But he will again at some point in time in the next couple years. He’s not flaming out to the XFL anytime soon.

Despite the fun storyline it would be I don’t actually believe the Steelers would give him a look. That being said, their current QB situation looked atrocious today

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Thom wrote:
sphere wrote:

Vikings at Lions (-1)

Well would you look at that. Paging DavHamm

Yeah,,, I have ALMOST left SOL feelings behind.. but back of my mind I am still waiting for a steaming pile of dog poop one of these games...

Lets just doom it right now..

Lions win by 9

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeezus Denver. How many ways can you lose.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kyle Shanahan and the 49ers apparently did an excellent job getting Brock Purdy ready to play.

Up 28-0 going into half, 78% completion, 179 yds and 2 tds. This against one of the best defenses in the league

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Irrelevant vs. GOAT is a blowout.

Bad interception by Brady
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Thom wrote:
sphere wrote:

Vikings at Lions (-1)

Yeah,,, I have ALMOST left SOL feelings behind.. but back of my mind I am still waiting for a steaming pile of dog poop one of these games...

Lions win by 9

"That’s really what we’re here to do is go somewhere and win some games. That’s kind of the first time I’ve been able to say that."- TJ Hockenson
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Thom wrote:
sphere wrote:

Vikings at Lions (-1)

Lions win by 9

"That’s really what we’re here to do is go somewhere and win some games. That’s kind of the first time I’ve been able to say that."- TJ Hockenson

18-42-2 since drafting Hockenson... 5 -1 since trading him...

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Lions sure are talking a lot of shit for a 7 loss team. Keeping receipts, etc. But I will agree that these aren't the same Lions.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
mck414 wrote:
jmh wrote:
Francois wrote:

Probably shouldn't use a mediocre Seattle team as a litmus test, could make a good argument that McDaniels has as much or more talent in every game they've played this year except against KC.

Seattle did not look very good against Sam Darnold and the Panthers yesterday. McDaniels has underperformed this season.

Do the Panthers win the NFC South?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 14 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
The Lions sure are talking a lot of shit for a 7 loss team. Keeping receipts, etc. But I will agree that these aren't the same Lions.

We have to take it when we can get it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next