Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried
Quote | Reply
Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this absolute travesty, yet.

https://www.commonsense.news/...llion-crypto-scammer

From the "next Warren Buffet" to the next Bernie Madoff. SBFs net worth went from 13 billion to zero in one day. Probably a sharper trajectory than Elizabeth Holmes. A lot of other people and entities are out their investments as well.
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this absolute travesty, yet.

https://www.commonsense.news/...llion-crypto-scammer

From the "next Warren Buffet" to the next Bernie Madoff. SBFs net worth went from 13 billion to zero in one day. Probably a sharper trajectory than Elizabeth Holmes. A lot of other people and entities are out their investments as well.

Probably not zero. He has some money squirreled away somewhere

I made the mistake of explaining to an admin yesterday how crypto is just a way to fleece people and people who "invest" in it are stupid. She then told me about her account. Oops
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time for Peacock to make a TV movie about his rise, and fall.

But, more seriously, l wonder if this contagion fully spreads into other crypto as well, as other dupes finally pull their money out of this stupidity. And then there is a domino effect on the rest of the financial system. Well, hope not ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Michael Lewis Selling Movie Rights for Book on FTX's Meltdown (gizmodo.com)

"Michael Lewis, author of Moneyball and The Big Short, has been following FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried for the past six months to write his next book. And while the potential ending of Lewis’s book has obviously changed in the past week since FTX’s $32 billion implosion, Lewis is already shopping around the movie rights, according to a new report from The Ankler."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a friend posted yesterday on the heavyweight calibre of intersecting company angels, from the FTC, MIT, Hillary's lawyer, the girlfriend's dad.

Expertise off the charts, and splat.
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably not zero. Correct.

I found it remarkable that he was the second biggest political donor behind George Soros. With his money? Customers money?

Someone at JPM I think was trying to get Elon to work with SBF on Twitter deal and Elon said "no thanks."

In its Chapter 11 filings, FTX has suggested they have 1 MILLION+ creditors. Woof.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Nov 15, 22 7:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a meme floating around LinkedIn with Holmes and the FTX guy on covers of Forbes touting their successes.

On the Forbes cover wth FTX guy, there's a quote that he didn't understand crypto when he started his company. I replied on LI about Warren Buffett's "invest in what you know" strategy. But what does Warren know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
There's a meme floating around LinkedIn with Holmes and the FTX guy on covers of Forbes touting their successes.

On the Forbes cover wth FTX guy, there's a quote that he didn't understand crypto when he started his company. I replied on LI about Warren Buffett's "invest in what you know" strategy. But what does Warren know?

Greed will always be good. There are some very big names in that 1MM shareholder number. If he was a bank or investment firm, he’d had a nice bailout by now.
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Michael Lewis Selling Movie Rights for Book on FTX's Meltdown (gizmodo.com)

"Michael Lewis, author of Moneyball and The Big Short, has been following FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried for the past six months to write his next book. And while the potential ending of Lewis’s book has obviously changed in the past week since FTX’s $32 billion implosion, Lewis is already shopping around the movie rights, according to a new report from The Ankler."

“Hey, the guy that wrote The Big Short wants to hang out with me for months, that has to be a good sign!”

But wow, Micheal Lewis knows where to be.
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, "Moneyball" and "The Blind Side" are stories I wouldn't mind being written about/surrounding me or something I'd done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it sounds like there was a commune-slash-C suite in the Bahamas?

I am so excited for this movie.
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raygovett wrote:

Wow, that pic is good !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a fascinating story that is still playing out. A movie will be made of it, and there is zero change that Jonah Hill will not be playing SBF.

Don't forget that part of this FTX saga started earlier this summer with the implosion and bankruptcy of 3Arrows Capital and the Terra LUNA stable-coin fiasco.

Sam BF and FTX targeted both 3AC and Terra in an apparent vendetta and directly caused their demise which resulted in Billions of losses on its own, impacting thousands of people, all because of SBF.

Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
Its a fascinating story that is still playing out. A movie will be made of it, and there is zero change that Jonah Hill will not be playing SBF.

Don't forget that part of this FTX saga started earlier this summer with the implosion and bankruptcy of 3Arrows Capital and the Terra LUNA stable-coin fiasco.

Sam BF and FTX targeted both 3AC and Terra in an apparent vendetta and directly caused their demise which resulted in Billions of losses on its own, impacting thousands of people, all because of SBF.

Kinda extreme to blame SBF for the fall of 3 arrows and Terra. They were going to implode at some point. That would be like blaming binance for what is happening to SBF. It is not binance’s fault SBF was running a scheme that would eventually collapse.

It was probably best for Luna and terra to collapse earlier than later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3AC held a lot of their funds on the FTX exchange and supposedly was stop hunted by FTX to trigger the liquidation. I forget the specifics but it was done through using Terra which also caused Terra to explode.

Just what I've heard and read as to what what happened behind the scenes. I don't think any of that was necessarily illegal? but the FTX exchange targeted one of their largest customers to liquidate them, not to forget the relationship of SBF, FTX and Alameda Research who were competitors to 3AC.

With SBF, FTX and Alameda Research unravelling, it puts it all in a different light what happened earlier with 3AC and Terra.

I for sure have seen tweets by Kyle Davies (co-founder of 3AC) recently which directly said what i'm describing...that SBF and FTX targeted 3ACs positions on the exchange and had a run through them through engineered means and caused their liquidation.

Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious to learn more about the post-bankruptcy account draining. With some of those funds already being traced to laundering on other crypto exchanges.

Could be a hacker.

But if it's an inside job, would love to learn how far up knowledge of it reached.
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thread

https://twitter.com/.../1592502805171822592

He didn't do the best at linking the thread but it's all easy to find. Really just epic failures at so many levels.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Nov 15, 22 18:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Great thread

He didn't do the best at linking the thread but it's all easy to find. Really just epic failures at so many levels.

A) Going to jail

B) Didn't realize he was so connected to the Democratic establishment
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is bigly connected. His parents also. It's a wild story.
Quote Reply
Re: FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

I see an American Greed episode in their future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is SBF, who is in control of a company valued at $30+ billion.

https://twitter.com/...ylPTg3J467CzZqYmUOwQ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The writers are doing a great job of tying these two plot lines together.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
He is bigly connected. His parents also. It's a wild story.

Sam Bankman-Fried donated gave about $41 million to candidates, political committees, and his Super PAC (mostly benefiting Dems).

Ryan Salame, another FTX executive, gave about $24 million to candidates, political committees, and his Super PAC (mostly benefiting the GOP).

I think you will find they were making sure they had a finger in both parties.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Great thread

That and Twitter is definitely not the best format for this complex of a story.

There is an awful lot of this that can really only be explained as intentional fraud.

Hard to see how he thought this was going to hold up for very long.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next