Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rexnebula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haug on the hunt, less than 4 minutes down.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rexnebula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has the sensor on and everything
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exciting Vinfast Ironman World Championship so far. Lucy of course with a lead out of the Roka Swim Course, and Ryf catching her quite late on the Ventum Bike Course with a Maurten Move. Now Sodaro making a Maurten Move as we can see from the Qatar Airways Overhead Shot. Staying SFuels Hydrated will be important because they look Carrier Air-conditioning Hot out there. If Haug takes in enough Ice Mountain Water and Alaska Air Ice, she should have the Visit Windsor Win in the bag.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Northy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Northy wrote:
Anyone know why True is out? Mechanical? Illness? Crash? …? I was really hoping she’d e in the mix today. I believe she’s got the engine she just needs to put it all together.

i was volunteering this morning, and my remit was bike mount line nazi. when true mounted the bike - and i think this was during the leg over the bike, but i'm not 100 percent sure - the top of the rear box sheered off. all her chews, etc., came off with it. she rode off oblivious. i believe she was riding a shiv disc. i don't know if that had anything to do with her DNF, but she lost a bunch of nutrition at a minimum.

Man. Bummer. She has so much potential.

Thanks for the update Dan.

Just out of curiosity, why couldn’t she just use the on-course nutrition?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:

She needs Chelsea to blow big time I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Exciting Vinfast Ironman World Championship so far. Lucy of course with a lead out of the Roka Swim Course, and Ryf catching her quite late on the Ventum Bike Course with a Maurten Move. Now Sodaro making a Maurten Move as we can see from the Qatar Airways Overhead Shot. Staying SFuels Hydrated will be important because they look Carrier Air-conditioning Hot out there. If Haug takes in enough Ice Mountain Water and Alaska Air Ice, she should have the Visit Windsor Win in the bag.

Rivals NASCAR and hunting shows for how many sponsors they can mention in a short amount of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

Record this and send it in as your audition tape. You have a future in IM broadcasting!
Last edited by: Changpao: Oct 6, 22 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The hoka rep must be loving sodaro having hoka on her suit whilst not wearing hokas
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Smiler15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smiler15 wrote:
The hoka rep must be loving sodaro having hoka on her suit whilst not wearing hokas

Whats she wearing? I cant tell

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:

She needs Chelsea to blow big time I think.

Hopefully you are right but Haug has done this before.

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ASICS Metaspeed
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
Smiler15 wrote:

Whats she wearing? I cant tell

Asics
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
Northy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Northy wrote:
Anyone know why True is out? Mechanical? Illness? Crash? …? I was really hoping she’d e in the mix today. I believe she’s got the engine she just needs to put it all together.

i was volunteering this morning, and my remit was bike mount line nazi. when true mounted the bike - and i think this was during the leg over the bike, but i'm not 100 percent sure - the top of the rear box sheered off. all her chews, etc., came off with it. she rode off oblivious. i believe she was riding a shiv disc. i don't know if that had anything to do with her DNF, but she lost a bunch of nutrition at a minimum.

Exactly. Gels and Gatorade on course should be sufficient, definitely enough to keep from DNF.

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who knows how it'll shake out but Haug is losing time right now, so she definitely needs Sodaro to falter to some degree at least

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

You’re hired !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are people moaning about the sponsorships? Do people not want to see this sport grow?

You can watch this for free on Facebook and YouTube, better than paying 20 quid PPV to watch two no marks box which was about to happen in the UK the weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm all for naming the segments of the course, and you can have a name for the transition zone and even the process of going through transition.

But the Maurten Move thing is the worst.

THE.
WORST.

I can only hope that the announcers hate saying it as much as I hate hearing it. And I hope the sponsor realizes that it is offensively bad and they do something else next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
If this message board had a "like" button, I would write, "Hit my Like if you think it's awesome that they have given the professional women their own day, separate from the pro men!"

And I think the Like button would be getting pounded, because this is great for the sport and for the women.

I agree. I always watch the women's race, but am constantly distracted by the men's race. I really enjoy being able to watch the women in their own right - and what a great race to get to watch uninterrupted!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Smiler15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Imagine if LCB gets second again
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Lucy but why are they not showing the leader Chelsea? I’m Canadian, but this is such a good story line for USA and IM. Show more athletes. Even show Haug chasing down everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ALG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFS triathletes can be a miserable bunch of sooks, always complaining about anything they can think of, all while an amazing race is happening right before there eyes...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
OK, I'm all for naming the segments of the course, and you can have a name for the transition zone and even the process of going through transition.

But the Maurten Move thing is the worst.

THE.
WORST.

I can only hope that the announcers hate saying it as much as I hate hearing it. And I hope the sponsor realizes that it is offensively bad and they do something else next year.

It would have been fine if at the end of the race they named the defining move in the race the “maurten move.” Calling every single pass the maurten move is nauseating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
Northy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Northy wrote:

i have no color on why she dropped out. i don't know if it was that. if it was that, i don't know if on-course aid would've sufficed.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where I had her picked!

I might get one right! HOORAY!

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Why are people moaning about the sponsorships? Do people not want to see this sport grow?

You can watch this for free on Facebook and YouTube, better than paying 20 quid PPV to watch two no marks box which was about to happen in the UK the weekend!

Because our sport seems to attract a higher proportion of miserable whingers..
Quote Reply

Prev Next