Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:
I don't know how Kliener got his prices for Milwaukee County, but if you use gas buddy and look at Milwaukee, WI, you see the high price you see the price high is 5.18. If you scroll through the prices you see many Speedways selling it for 4.99. Speedway is typically a discount gas station.

Top 10 are all 4.69 and under
https://www.gasbuddy.com/...onsin/milwaukee/2902

The current average price for Diesel for all of Wisconsin is $4.72. which is down .10 from a month ago

So jharris was not being truthful and it was reasonable to question his claim.

What do you think Biden should do to lower diesel prices? I actually think this is a very important issue that is not getting enough attention. I am not sure what the Federal government can do to fix it though as it is mostly a global issue.

Again, this is why the LR is so ridiculous. Your going to use the Internet and find a gas station cheaper than $4.99 and act as if I’m “lying”. Hey dork, when I’m traveling and I drive past a gas station cheaper than my usual 4 gas stations near me that are all $4.99- don’t you think I stop and fill up? The days I’m near Costco (which is 30 min away and I won’t drive specifically to for gas), don’t you think I fill up? When I’m in Illinois and it’s even more than $4.99, but I’m low and need fuel, don’t you think I’m pissed when I have to fill up! Don’t you think I try to plan ahead and gas up in Wisconsin at $4.99 on the days I’m going to Illinois so I don’t get pissed off that I’m paying more ?

These are normal human behavior responses. Again, my stations near me that I buy diesel at are $4.99 a gallon

Further, I do what I can within what I can control and I don’t count on Biden. My XOM gains have hedged my fuel expenditures, but that’s another conversation.

I’m the meantime, I have about 48 hrs until I’m smashed with Hurricane Ian. Don’t piss me off about crap that is so silly.

Diesel is $4.99 near me. Be done with it.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
He’s not lying. He’s misrepresenting the numbers to make someone he doesn’t like look worse. It’s an argument rooted in bad faith and completely unnecessary to fudge the numbers. It wasn’t close to the mean or median. Just let it go. There’s no need to defend every specious argument because they come from a point of view you agree with.

Again, hilarious. Secondly- I don’t live in Milwaukee County!

I have been paying $4.99 for diesel and it’s still $4.99 today per gas buddy.

Be done man. Be done.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
I have about 48 hrs until I’m smashed with Hurricane Ian.

Aren't you in Wisconsin?
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:
To question his truthfulness you should be able to show none of the prices are 4.99 or higher. But actually 1/3 of the stations for Milwaukee have diesel at 4.99 or higher. The highest is 5.18. Just admit it was wrong for people to call him a liar.

Where do you get this number?

So 66% were below the number he cited.....yeah, he lied.

Hypothetical alert.

A sports writer covers a race where 67 out of 100 runners finished in under 20 minutes. The 68th runner finished in 21 minutes. The writer's article reads, "The finishing time was 21 minutes or higher." Maybe not "lying", but not a great sports writer.

Back on topic (sort of).

Did Biden cause the price of diesel fuel to go up by releasing some of the SPR?

Regardless, what could Biden (or anyone else) do to lower the price of diesel fuel?

Hypothetically, you are talking to a friend who mention gas is 4.99. You going to call him a liar because he did not find the cheapest gas in a major city? If so do you have any friends?

This is exactly why LR is so ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:
To question his truthfulness you should be able to show none of the prices are 4.99 or higher. But actually 1/3 of the stations for Milwaukee have diesel at 4.99 or higher. The highest is 5.18. Just admit it was wrong for people to call him a liar.

Where do you get this number?

So 66% were below the number he cited.....yeah, he lied.

Hypothetical alert.

A sports writer covers a race where 67 out of 100 runners finished in under 20 minutes. The 68th runner finished in 21 minutes. The writer's article reads, "The finishing time was 21 minutes or higher." Maybe not "lying", but not a great sports writer.

Back on topic (sort of).

Did Biden cause the price of diesel fuel to go up by releasing some of the SPR?

Regardless, what could Biden (or anyone else) do to lower the price of diesel fuel?

Hypothetically, you are talking to a friend who mention gas is 4.99. You going to call him a liar because he did not find the cheapest gas in a major city? If so do you have any friends?
Did I call someone a liar?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Is this your way of saying, "It turns out that Ken was right after all."

BTW, the next time a Republican is president, are you going to give us the price from the same gas station, or will you pick the lowest price in Milwaukee?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

BTW, the next time a Republican is president, are you going to give us the price from the same gas station, or will you pick the lowest price in Milwaukee?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
The real problem I have is how fast everyone jumps to argue for no other reason than to argue or an attempt to “win”.

i know what you mean.

jharris wrote:
Anyway, as I’m short tempered and probably going to miss my plane flight home, I’m awaiting Hurricane Ian as it’s about to blast the area here.

that is a valid reason to be in a bad mood.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
jharris wrote:

Aren't you in Wisconsin?

I’m a Wisconsin resident. Im at my house in Clearwater, Fl right now. Im also under contract to close on a condo on Clearwater beach that is probably going to be completely under water in 2 days. Luckily I don’t own it yet, but that will become an interesting deal….

It’s all crazy right now. Im dealing with it. Stuck here. My flight home was cancelled. Boarding up my windows now.
Last edited by: jharris: Sep 27, 22 8:40
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
jharris wrote:
Nutella wrote:
jharris wrote:

Aren't you in Wisconsin?

I’m a Wisconsin resident. Im at my house in Clearwater, Fl right now. Im also under contract to close on a condo on Clearwater beach that is probably going to be completely under water in 2 days. Luckily I don’t own it yet, but that will become an interesting deal….

It’s all crazy right now. Im dealing with it. Stuck here. My flight home was cancelled. Boarding up my windows today.

If you have a pool, you might want to drain it.

Yes, I plan to turn off the pump and drain the pool a couple feet.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

I give my real world examples. Last time I did that about the Kenosha riots, people in the LR laughed it off.

FYI- gasoline and Diesel is cheaper here in Clearwater than back home in Wisconsin.

Well, now here is another experience with Hurricane Ian to share. Let’s see how the LR takes this news.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
jharris wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
klehner wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:
The US has seen 91 straight weeks of gas price declines.

I think that's 91 (or 99) straight days of gas price declines.

Yes, it’s terrific that diesel is $4.99 a gallon in Milwaukee and still worse in other areas.

Are you serious? Really?

Why are you such a liar, and especially about something so easily disproven? GasBuddy shows the top ten prices in Milwaukee County ranging from $4.19 to $4.74, and the map of Milwaukee shows prices ranging from $4.49 to $4.74. Did you have to search hard to find $4.99/gallon?

Where is it worse? GasBuddy shows the top ten prices in Wisconsin ranging from $3.89/gal to $4.19/gal.

Look at who he dutifully ballwashes for, and you have the answer to your bolded question.

I live here and drive a diesel car. I know what I pay. But hey, what do I know. Use that keyboard my friend.

By the way, diesel isn’t gasoline. So, maybe that’s part of your problem. Use the filter and select diesel on your gas buddy website.

Post #157 contains the screen capture that shows I selected diesel, and shows the map with a number of prices, none of which are close to $4.99. Use your own keyboard on that website.

I checked today ass wipe. It’s still $4.99 everywhere near my house.

Do you like being such a tool?
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
jharris wrote:
I am now short tempered. I comment diesel is $4.99 and someone claims not true given gas buddy…. A website they don’t know how to use the “filter” for the fuel type. They were looking at 87 octane gasoline.

The real problem I have is how fast everyone jumps to argue for no other reason than to argue or an attempt to “win”. It’s sad, given that we have a wide range of boots on the ground in so many areas. It would be beautiful if people could report the news on what they see. Instead, they rely on news sources as they sit miles and miles away and trust the ST members word for it.

Whatever.

Anyway, as I’m short tempered and probably going to miss my plane flight home, I’m awaiting Hurricane Ian as it’s about to blast the area here. I’m just not in the mood to argue of foolish stuff.

Look at post #157, where the drop down clearly shows I selected diesel.

I didn't post that to "win;" I posted that to show that you aren't an honest broker. Rather, you are someone who will distort reality so *you* can "win."

Well, Wisconsin is a big place. Ever think of that? Or do you expect me to drive 3 hours to fill up at that gas station you chose? It’s $4.99 on your gas buddy website TODAY! I looked. So, fuck off. I’m done talking about this nonsense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
j p o wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

I give my real world examples. Last time I did that about the Kenosha riots, people in the LR laughed it off.

FYI- gasoline and Diesel is cheaper here in Clearwater than back home in Wisconsin.

Well, now here is another experience with Hurricane Ian to share. Let’s see how the LR takes this news.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can you be so callous? The man just flew (?) into Tampa as folks are evacuating there. He needs our support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When Trump lies on his financial data it's the bank's fault.

When gas is up globally is Biden's fault.

Bizarro world.
Last edited by: southpaw: Sep 27, 22 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You keep repeating "the LR" like it's you versus "the LR" all the time. Have you once considered that you're received a certain way because of your posting history?

Even if it's "the LR", we aren't assholes all the time. I hope that your property in FL will be OK and you will be safe. That goes for everyone else in Ian's path as well.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if it's "the LR", we aren't assholes all the time.

Why do you lie
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm how can I buy votes.....
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
windywave wrote:

I dunno, how about stimulus checks with his name signed on them?

Deduct three points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
spudone wrote:
windywave wrote:

I dunno, how about stimulus checks with his name signed on them?

Deduct three points

according to the WSJ Biden has now released more from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve than all previous Presidents combined.

I'm just happy this Strategic move has had such an important impact on existing and future energy needs and prices of the country. You know, because otherwise, it wouldn't be all the Strategic now would it?

The problem with this Strategy, is similar to all the other problems he has and has created. When you start by not being honest about what you are doing or what your true intentions are then everything you react to from there is just a compounding lie that doesn't solve anything. Which requires you to lie again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biden is filling up the SPR

Biden Administration to Buy Three Million Barrels of Oil - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Quote:
The announcement appears to signal an end to the administration’s effort to use sales of oil from the reserve to tamp down oil and gasoline prices that surged after Russia invaded Ukraine in February. It also appears to be an acknowledgment by the administration that oil prices had fallen substantially since this summer when they briefly climbed above $120 a barrel and that sales by the government are no longer needed.

U.S. and global oil prices are trading near their lowest levels of the year with the West Texas Intermediate benchmark settled at $74.29 a barrel on Friday afternoon. Retail gasoline prices are also lower than they were 12 months earlier with the national average for regular fuel at $3.18 a gallon on Friday, according to AAA.

Quote:
The reserve has been used several times, including during the Iraq-Kuwait crisis in 1990-91, Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and the Middle East disruptions of the Arab Spring in 2011.

Biden was smart to release it as the disruption in the global market over the last year has been worse than each of those examples.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.reuters.com/...official-2022-12-16/

Hey look we're buying back 1.6% of the 180MM we sold

Also the Administration said it will take months to years to replenish

Oh and this is an incentive to producers to invest in future production Eyeroll emoji
Quote Reply

Prev Next