Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Lefties like- my guy rocks! What’s wrong with you righties!!!

No one says "Joe Biden rocks!" Last I checked, I haven't seen convoys of pickups or boats full of people wearing Biden Rocks hats.

Good grief, talk about projection.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Last edited by: BarryP: Sep 26, 22 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
Lefties like- my guy rocks! What’s wrong with you righties!!!

No one says "Joe Biden rocks!"

Meanwhile Trump literally has a cult following.

https://youtube.com/shorts/HWuJ0zuzrZs?feature=share

What? You don't have three Biden flags flying from your car while wearing a Joe Biden Rocks! hat?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:
The US has seen 91 straight weeks of gas price declines.

I think that's 91 (or 99) straight days of gas price declines.

Yes, it’s terrific that diesel is $4.99 a gallon in Milwaukee and still worse in other areas.

Are you serious? Really?

Why are you such a liar, and especially about something so easily disproven? GasBuddy shows the top ten prices in Milwaukee County ranging from $4.19 to $4.74, and the map of Milwaukee shows prices ranging from $4.49 to $4.74. Did you have to search hard to find $4.99/gallon?

Where is it worse? GasBuddy shows the top ten prices in Wisconsin ranging from $3.89/gal to $4.19/gal.

Look at who he dutifully ballwashes for, and you have the answer to your bolded question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Yes, it’s terrific that diesel is $4.99 a gallon in Milwaukee and still worse in other areas.

Are you serious? Really?

What should people pay for diesel?

How are you going to get the oil companies to charge customers what you think they should be charging?

It’s not about that. It’s about someone posting gas prices are down the last 90 days which is deflection from the current issue. They are acting like the problem doesn’t exist. It still exists.

So you're saying it's not about the cost of diesel fuel? Why did you bring that up?

Was releasing the SPR a good thing? Would it have been better to have left the SPR in the ground? If the current cost of diesel fuel is a problem, what would you do differently to lower the cost of diesel fuel?

Same issue brah. Point of diesel at $4.99 a gallon isn’t an achievement. It’s a problem. Say it’s a problem.

I think most right wingers just want the lefties to admit to the issue. $4.99 a gallon for diesel is a problem. Biden low approval rating is a problem.

Yes?

what happened to you? when you first came on the board you were the reasonable righty that lefties could talk to. breath of fresh air. now you're the garden variety caustic righty flame thrower.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

How are you going to get the oil companies to charge customers what you think they should be charging?

It’s not about that. It’s about someone posting gas prices are down the last 90 days which is deflection from the current issue. They are acting like the problem doesn’t exist. It still exists.

So you're saying it's not about the cost of diesel fuel? Why did you bring that up?

Was releasing the SPR a good thing? Would it have been better to have left the SPR in the ground? If the current cost of diesel fuel is a problem, what would you do differently to lower the cost of diesel fuel?

Same issue brah. Point of diesel at $4.99 a gallon isn’t an achievement. It’s a problem. Say it’s a problem.

I think most right wingers just want the lefties to admit to the issue. $4.99 a gallon for diesel is a problem. Biden low approval rating is a problem.

Yes?

what happened to you? when you first came on the board you were the reasonable righty that lefties could talk to. breath of fresh air. now you're the garden variety caustic righty flame thrower.

You may be right or wrong about him being caustic, but these are not the points to argue that on. His is correct on both his points. I don't know how Kliener got his prices for Milwaukee County, but if you use gas buddy and look at Milwaukee, WI, you see the high price you see the price high is 5.18. If you scroll through the prices you see many Speedways selling it for 4.99. Speedway is typically a discount gas station.

His other point is also easy to confirm. He gave a link. Biden does have the lowest average approval raiting at 6 quarters into their presidency. Only slightly lower than Trump and Carter, but lower. Now when the 7th quarter numbers come out, perhaps that will change, but currently he has the lowest.

Its is sad so many people argue with him when he is actually right this time. People are way too quick to call him a liar (not you others).
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Yes?

You may be right or wrong about him being caustic, but these are not the points to argue that on. His is correct on both his points. I don't know how Kliener got his prices for Milwaukee County, but if you use gas buddy and look at Milwaukee, WI, you see the high price you see the price high is 5.18. If you scroll through the prices you see many Speedways selling it for 4.99. Speedway is typically a discount gas station.

His other point is also easy to confirm. He gave a link. Biden does have the lowest average approval raiting at 6 quarters into their presidency. Only slightly lower than Trump and Carter, but lower. Now when the 7th quarter numbers come out, perhaps that will change, but currently he has the lowest.

Its is sad so many people argue with him when he is actually right this time. People are way too quick to call him a liar (not you others).

that's not what i'm pissed off about. what really cheeses me is that - just by reading this thread - sam's club offers diesel in milwaukee but not in any of the california clubs that i go to. that's just not right!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

that's not what i'm pissed off about. what really cheeses me is that - just by reading this thread - sam's club offers diesel in milwaukee but not in any of the california clubs that i go to. that's just not right!

Ha Ha!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Yes?

I don't think the question is whether you could find it that expensive if you wanted to overpay. More that it isn't anywhere close to that expensive if you try even a little bit.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
patf wrote:
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Yes?

Yes but you can charge your EV at Sam's Clubs st night......
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
patf wrote:
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Yes?

doggamm right. an EV is my next vehicle purchase.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
I don't know how Kliener got his prices for Milwaukee County, but if you use gas buddy and look at Milwaukee, WI, you see the high price you see the price high is 5.18. If you scroll through the prices you see many Speedways selling it for 4.99. Speedway is typically a discount gas station.

Top 10 are all 4.69 and under
https://www.gasbuddy.com/...onsin/milwaukee/2902

The current average price for Diesel for all of Wisconsin is $4.72. which is down .10 from a month ago

So jharris was not being truthful and it was reasonable to question his claim.

What do you think Biden should do to lower diesel prices? I actually think this is a very important issue that is not getting enough attention. I am not sure what the Federal government can do to fix it though as it is mostly a global issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
patf wrote:
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Yes?

Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
patf wrote:
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Yes?

my joke was actually over your joke.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:
I don't know how Kliener got his prices for Milwaukee County, but if you use gas buddy and look at Milwaukee, WI, you see the high price you see the price high is 5.18. If you scroll through the prices you see many Speedways selling it for 4.99. Speedway is typically a discount gas station.

The current average price for Diesel for all of Wisconsin is $4.72. which is down .10 from a month ago

What do you think Biden should do to lower diesel prices? I actually think this is a very important issue that is not getting enough attention. I am not sure what the Federal government can do to fix it though as it is mostly a global issue.

To question his truthfulness you should be able to show none of the prices are 4.99 or higher. But actually 1/3 of the stations for Milwaukee have diesel at 4.99 or higher. The highest is 5.18. Just admit it was wrong for people to call him a liar.
Last edited by: patf: Sep 26, 22 13:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:

To question his truthfulness you should be able to show none of the prices are 4.99 or higher. But actually 1/3 of the stations for Milwaukee have diesel at 4.99 or higher. The highest is 5.18. Just admit it was wrong for people to call him a liar.

Where do you get this number?

So 66% were below the number he cited.....yeah, he lied.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:

Hypothetical alert.

A sports writer covers a race where 67 out of 100 runners finished in under 20 minutes. The 68th runner finished in 21 minutes. The writer's article reads, "The finishing time was 21 minutes or higher." Maybe not "lying", but not a great sports writer.

Back on topic (sort of).

Did Biden cause the price of diesel fuel to go up by releasing some of the SPR?

Regardless, what could Biden (or anyone else) do to lower the price of diesel fuel?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:

Hypothetical alert.

A sports writer covers a race where 67 out of 100 runners finished in under 20 minutes. The 68th runner finished in 21 minutes. The writer's article reads, "The finishing time was 21 minutes or higher." Maybe not "lying", but not a great sports writer.

Back on topic (sort of).

Regardless, what could Biden (or anyone else) do to lower the price of diesel fuel?

Hypothetically, you are talking to a friend who mention gas is 4.99. You going to call him a liar because he did not find the cheapest gas in a major city? If so do you have any friends?
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:

Hypothetical alert.

Back on topic (sort of).

No, the release of the SPR had little to no affect on diesel.

The issue with diesel is super complicated. There is a demand issue but a lot of it also has to do the Russia decreasing the gas flows to Europe. Refineries use gas to produce hydrogen, which they then use to remove sulphur from diesel. The spike in gas prices in late 2021 made that process super expensive, cutting diesel output. The US is exporting more to fill that gap. Russia was also a massive exporter of diesel so there is a gap in the market. Add to this Europe might use diesel as a replacement for natural gas over the winter due to tight gas supplies.....that could make things much worse.

I have no idea how to fix this. Maybe a massive recession bringing down demand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He’s not lying. He’s misrepresenting the numbers to make someone he doesn’t like look worse. It’s an argument rooted in bad faith and completely unnecessary to fudge the numbers. It wasn’t close to the mean or median. Just let it go. There’s no need to defend every specious argument because they come from a point of view you agree with.
Quote Reply
Re: So Biden is releasing the SPR [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
klehner wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Why are you such a liar, and especially about something so easily disproven? GasBuddy shows the top ten prices in Milwaukee County ranging from $4.19 to $4.74, and the map of Milwaukee shows prices ranging from $4.49 to $4.74. Did you have to search hard to find $4.99/gallon?

Where is it worse? GasBuddy shows the top ten prices in Wisconsin ranging from $3.89/gal to $4.19/gal.

Look at who he dutifully ballwashes for, and you have the answer to your bolded question.

I live here and drive a diesel car. I know what I pay. But hey, what do I know. Use that keyboard my friend.

By the way, diesel isn’t gasoline. So, maybe that’s part of your problem. Use the filter and select diesel on your gas buddy website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Yes?

I am now short tempered. I comment diesel is $4.99 and someone claims not true given gas buddy…. A website they don’t know how to use the “filter” for the fuel type. They were looking at 87 octane gasoline.

The real problem I have is how fast everyone jumps to argue for no other reason than to argue or an attempt to “win”. It’s sad, given that we have a wide range of boots on the ground in so many areas. It would be beautiful if people could report the news on what they see. Instead, they rely on news sources as they sit miles and miles away and trust the ST members word for it.

Whatever.

Anyway, as I’m short tempered and probably going to miss my plane flight home, I’m awaiting Hurricane Ian as it’s about to blast the area here. I’m just not in the mood to argue of foolish stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Nutella wrote:
patf wrote:

Hypothetical alert.

Back on topic (sort of).

Hypothetically, you are talking to a friend who mention gas is 4.99. You going to call him a liar because he did not find the cheapest gas in a major city? If so do you have any friends?

My friend isn't a liar because, being my friend, he's not trying to score political points by distorting reality, as jharris is doing.

If my friend says the price of a house in my town is $3.5million, I'll tell him he's wrong: there are probably a number of homes that cost that much, but that isn't the reality of home prices in my town. jharris isn't just wrong: his posting history shows that he knows better and he's lying.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
klehner wrote:
jharris wrote:
TMI wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

I live here and drive a diesel car. I know what I pay. But hey, what do I know. Use that keyboard my friend.

By the way, diesel isn’t gasoline. So, maybe that’s part of your problem. Use the filter and select diesel on your gas buddy website.

Post #157 contains the screen capture that shows I selected diesel, and shows the map with a number of prices, none of which are close to $4.99. Use your own keyboard on that website.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
I am now short tempered. I comment diesel is $4.99 and someone claims not true given gas buddy…. A website they don’t know how to use the “filter” for the fuel type. They were looking at 87 octane gasoline.

The real problem I have is how fast everyone jumps to argue for no other reason than to argue or an attempt to “win”. It’s sad, given that we have a wide range of boots on the ground in so many areas. It would be beautiful if people could report the news on what they see. Instead, they rely on news sources as they sit miles and miles away and trust the ST members word for it.

Whatever.

Anyway, as I’m short tempered and probably going to miss my plane flight home, I’m awaiting Hurricane Ian as it’s about to blast the area here. I’m just not in the mood to argue of foolish stuff.

Look at post #157, where the drop down clearly shows I selected diesel.

I didn't post that to "win;" I posted that to show that you aren't an honest broker. Rather, you are someone who will distort reality so *you* can "win."

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply

Prev Next