Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fox hot to trot on new IRS agents [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
southpaw wrote:
NormM wrote:
Yeah doubling the number of agents after having to walk back this " The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) removed the requirement that special-agent applicants carry firearms and "be willing to use deadly force" from a job listing." The history of political targeting. The cost and disruption to a business and the fear of targeting that can destroy a business or organization that are working on the margins month to month. Nothing to be to be considered about.

I'm confused by your post. Removing the requirement for the tax man to be prepared to kill someone is a bad thing and is also somehow related to the targeted destruction of struggling businesses? Said destruction in an unspecified manner, since businesses that are operating within the law, even if audited, don't really have anything to worry about. Unless you're suggesting that they're gonna start shutting down law abiding businesses?

Help me out here.

ETA I purposefully glossed over the first part but in the interest of not perpetuating myths I'll just leave this here.
https://time.com/...nts-factcheck-biden/

Are you a small business owner? Do you have any understanding of the cost and time of going through an audit if you are not a W2 kinda guy, and the threat of the State and burying you with the power to crush you?

I remember when the GOP used to be the party of "Law and order". Do you also complain about not being able to drive 80 mph in a school zone while hammered because it is an inconvenience?

If you actually read the bill instead of parroting lies from Marjorie Taylor Greene you would see that enforcement is only half of the newly budgeted funds. Most of the funds are going to make it easier for people and small business to file. Easier for them to get answers from the support group. Easier to file on line.
Quote Reply
Re: Fox hot to trot on new IRS agents [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Horse shit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
Horse shit!

Another well-reasoned response.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Fox hot to trot on new IRS agents [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
enforcement is only half of the newly budgeted funds. Most of the funds are going to make it easier for people and small business to file.

I don't believe this is correct. According to the CBO, about $60B is going to enforcement and related operations, and ~$20B to improving services, etc.

NormM is also wrong, though, in most of his claims.
Quote Reply
Re: Fox hot to trot on new IRS agents [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From article in Washington times Nov 2021:

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the funding for tax enforcement activities provided by the bill would increase outlays by $80 billion and revenues by $207 billion,” CBO Director Phillip Swagel wrote in a letter to lawmakers.

From Bloomberg tax July 2022:

“The funds, which are outside of the regular annual appropriations process, would be available to the agency until Sept. 30, 2031. The measure would provide $45.6 billion for enforcement, $25.3 billion for operations support, $3.2 billion for taxpayer services, and $4.8 billion for business systems modernization. The money is aimed at strengthening the IRS’s efforts to enforce tax laws against wealthy individuals and businesses. The agency has seen a decline in audit rates over the past decade as a result of budget cuts.”

Little light on taxpayer services IMHO. Norm was wrong as are Fox folks calling it tax increase.

Cost benefit says over 10 years $207 billion in revenue vs $80billion in cost see above. (Guessing $187 billion from folks over 400 k, 20 from < 400k in annual earnings.
Last edited by: tyrod1: Aug 13, 22 18:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Nutella wrote:
enforcement is only half of the newly budgeted funds. Most of the funds are going to make it easier for people and small business to file.

I don't believe this is correct. According to the CBO, about $60B is going to enforcement and related operations, and ~$20B to improving services, etc.

I'm shocked the mentally unstable are wrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Sorry, most was a bit off. More than half of their proposed spending increase would go to enforcement. The next biggest chunk, $25.3 billion, would go to operations support, such as rent, security and postage. Another $4.75 billion would go to improve call-back services and other technology designed to improve customer service. And $3.2 billion would go to pre-filing and educational assistance.

The reality is that billions will be spent on making filing easier, supporting filers, and streamlining enforcement. Norm's claim of 87,000 new agents is complete horseshit.
Quote Reply
Re: Fox hot to trot on new IRS agents [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

I don't think Norm is mentally unstable but he, Tyler, Ted Cruz, and Marjorie Taylor Greene are clearly wrong with their false claim of 87,000 new agents.

https://apnews.com/...3a04584371843234cab7

I was off a bit with the percentage going to enforcement but at least I did not promote an obvious lie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
Yeah doubling the number of agents after having to walk back this " The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) removed the requirement that special-agent applicants carry firearms and "be willing to use deadly force" from a job listing." The history of political targeting. The cost and disruption to a business and the fear of targeting that can destroy a business or organization that are working on the margins month to month. Nothing to be to be considered about.

see these are all lies. You can tell they are lies by the people in this thread pushing "the truth". Because of course they know the truth 24 hours after the bill is passed. Because the Dems passed it. Completely on their own. Which is why you know it's a good bill. Because all bills that only have Dem support and need a tie breaking VP are good bills.

It starts with a premise. Everybody making more than 400k is not paying their fair share and is a tax cheat. And all the CPA's and lawyers who prepare their returns are complicit in their cheating. Because, you know, they aren't govt employees like say in the DOJ or FBI where employees are above reproach.

The rest is a lie. They actually aren't adding any agents at all. In fact they aren't even allocating additional funds to the IRS. And it certainly won't be front loaded with any benefit occurring years from now.

But the reduction in inflation from the inflation reduction act will start right away and be significant. Because it says inflation reduction right in the act. Anybody who says otherwise is a lying deplorable with a wagon wheel in their yard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
Nutella wrote:

why do you lie you lying liar. liar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Nutella wrote:

deplorable liar
Quote Reply
Re: Fox hot to trot on new IRS agents [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
deplorable liar

Nutella, when provided with factual information, apologized and corrected his position. I doubt he was intentionally lying. NormM may not have been either. It's easy to take Ted Cruz misinformation about the # of enforcement agents and just propagate, or a similar statement from MSNBC, etc. The important bit for forum credibility is acknowledging mistakes, and moving on. Nutella can be a bit caustic at times, but he does that. I've yet to see NormM (or you) do that. (talking just about this thread!). When confronted with facts, it's just a deflection or an insult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
deplorable liar
I doubt he was intentionally lying..

I passionately disagree and will die on that hill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

deplorable liar

Nutella, when provided with factual information, apologized and corrected his position. I doubt he was intentionally lying. NormM may not have been either. It's easy to take Ted Cruz misinformation about the # of enforcement agents and just propagate, or a similar statement from MSNBC, etc. The important bit for forum credibility is acknowledging mistakes, and moving on. Nutella can be a bit caustic at times, but he does that. I've yet to see NormM (or you) do that. (talking just about this thread!). When confronted with facts, it's just a deflection or an insult.

yeah he's great for the forum. You should support him more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

I personally would not pick Nutella as my life's cause.

But your passion is your passion.
Quote Reply
Re: Fox hot to trot on new IRS agents [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:

I'm also the one who called him out with a coherent counter-point based on fact instead of emotion.

It's not a huge deal to be wrong. I'm frequently wrong on this forum. I don't know why some just cling to something and never give in.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 13, 22 19:09
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windywave [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

I'm also the one who called him out with a coherent counter-point based on fact instead of emotion.

It's not a huge deal to be wrong. I'm frequently wrong on this forum. I don't know why some just cling to something and never give in.

See below.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
There are people I disagree with on here and there are people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

I missed the whole Chicago thing, I think. I can usually smell a dumpster fire thread from 2 clicks, and tend to avoid them.

Currently I have a 6-hour cooling off period for any thread where EricMPro is listed as the last poster. Which, right now, is about 75% of threads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
See below.

WRONG. Older posts are *above*.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:

I personally would not pick Nutella as my life's cause.

But your passion is your passion.

That PoS fucking fucking deranged fuck called me a liar when I said there were riots in Chicago after I watched my friend's jewelry store (coincidentally where I bought my wife's engagement ring) being looted on WGN and my sibling sent me a video of the fucking shit (aka a car being torched amd mobs running wild) outside his building downtown.

The PoS is what's wrong with America and should be banned but Dan is a softy sometimes for people detached fro reality.

There are people I disagree with on here and there are people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but many here have that same issue with your posts.

Back on topic, does it bother you that the leaders of your party have lied extensively about the increased funding of the IRS?
Last edited by: Nutella: Aug 13, 22 19:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:

I missed the whole Chicago thing, I think. I can usually smell a dumpster fire thread from 2 clicks, and tend to avoid them.

Currently I have a 6-hour cooling off period for any thread where EricMPro is listed as the last poster. Which, right now, is about 75% of threads.

I hold few grudges (see me passionately imploring Dan to not ban everyone who called me an insufferable [redacted]). The grudges I do hold are mattress grudges.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:
See below.

Been cocktailing wanker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:
See below.

Been cocktailing wanker

Ah, ok. That explains a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:
See below.

Been cocktailing wanker

Drunk lies are still lies. Careful, Tyler will say bad things about you.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next