Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
I still can't believe Colorado voted that idiot in, I've lost a lot of faith in the folks of Colorado on that one. Georgia, well you kinda expect it down there in boondocks of Georgia.

Don't lump all of us in with those folks that voted her in. It was not a vote open to statewide participation. She was District 3 which, although large in terms of land mass, is pretty sparsely populated compared to the Front Range.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Mar 21, 22 8:34
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“And you know what? Pete Buttigieg can take his electric vehicles and his bicycles and he and his husband can stay out of our girls’ bathrooms.”

https://twitter.com/...TvQAg4anByR-pm3rdX7g

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am hoping that the rousing cheers of the deplorables don't match up to actual voters who are fed up with her bigotry. I never would have thought that people in congress would openly display their bigotry like that. But the cheers just make them bolder.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, they are finally able to say the quiet parts out loud and not worry about facing repercussions because that would be woke. Censuring Liz Cheney and giving MTG a pass is turning off a lot of the middle. It’s not a winning strategy to capture the votes they need. Most of all, it’s not a winning strategy to unite America.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
“And you know what? Pete Buttigieg can take his electric vehicles and his bicycles and he and his husband can stay out of our girls’ bathrooms.”

https://twitter.com/...TvQAg4anByR-pm3rdX7g

Favorite comment. "They are gay why would they want to use the woman's bathroom, think about it" lol
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Yup, they are finally able to say the quiet parts out loud and not worry about facing repercussions because that would be woke. Censuring Liz Cheney and giving MTG a pass is turning off a lot of the middle. It’s not a winning strategy to capture the votes they need. Most of all, it’s not a winning strategy to unite America.

They don't need to unite America, they just need the right votes in the right place to get power. This is a winning strategy for the foreseeable future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I am hoping that the rousing cheers of the deplorables don't match up to actual voters who are fed up with her bigotry. I never would have thought that people in congress would openly display their bigotry like that. But the cheers just make them bolder.

You think this is going to hurt her with the voters she needs? I think this will only energize her voters.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

They don't need to unite America, they just need the right votes in the right place to get power. This is a winning strategy for the foreseeable future.

I disagree. I have faith people are seeing through these acts. A moderate Republican will likely never win her district, let alone a Democrat. Other closer races aren’t in areas where the GOP can afford to turn away from the people in the middle. Their tactics of baseless fears only stoke the extremes. They turn off rational people.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

You think this is going to hurt her with the voters she needs? I think this will only energize her voters.

The question is whether there are enough people who support her to give her enough votes to win. I assume that in her first election she was somewhat unknown. Anyone running against her will have plenty of ammo.

I did see where some people are challenging her eligibility based on the KKK act (IIRC) like people in NC were doing with cawthorn. If nothing else, challenging that will call attention to her actions for those who might be moderate.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
chaparral wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

I disagree. I have faith people are seeing through these acts. A moderate Republican will likely never win her district, let alone a Democrat. Other closer races aren’t in areas where the GOP can afford to turn away from the people in the middle. Their tactics of baseless fears only stoke the extremes. They turn off rational people.

That would be nice, but evidence does not support your faith. trump almost won in 2020, tactics of baseless fears work.

You have to understand that the fight wing media environment is very good at keeping damaging stories from getting in front of these voters eyeballs. They also have trained them to distrust any none right wing source. So they won't even hear anything bad about MTG and if they do, they are told that it is lies.

They don't need voters in the middle, they can instead just make sure that those in the middle are so disgusted by politics they don't vote. Which is a self reinforcing mechanism, Republicans make politics terrible, so it turns off people from even voting against Republicans. Then they just stoke their base and use anti majoritarian mechanism to retain power without popular support. Once again, getting power without popular support just causes more people to be disgusted by politics and not vote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
chaparral wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

The question is whether there are enough people who support her to give her enough votes to win. I assume that in her first election she was somewhat unknown. Anyone running against her will have plenty of ammo.

I did see where some people are challenging her eligibility based on the KKK act (IIRC) like people in NC were doing with cawthorn. If nothing else, challenging that will call attention to her actions for those who might be moderate.

What ammo exactly? Like her telling to a gay man to stay out women's bathrooms? The people turned off by that were not going to be voting for her anyway. Is it the insane conspiracies? The GOP is made up of conspiracy theorists. Just look at those Ginni Thomas texts to the White House chief of staff, she is a powerful woman in conservative circles and a total loon. Not to mention Mark Meadows, who is not some random person either, but was also texting wild things. Just look at polling how many Republican voters believe his nonsense. Conspiracy nonsense is not turning away her voters.

I don't think an attempt to keep her off the ballot, or what will inevitably called "cancel culture" will dampen her support with Republicans.

The thing this tactic is not sustainable long term, many Republican strategists know this, they know these voters are dying and not being replaced. But they also see that trump almost won in 2020, they see Republicans are basically a lock to take the house, and they see a chance to take the senate going down this path. They know if they pivot to Mitt Romney, it will hurt them, because the trump voters will stay home. They now see this strategy is going to work to work for at least another decade, if they keep the trump voters totally engaged. It could last even longer with SCOTUS under their control. So while they know a cliff is coming, changing course now means no power now, but possibly power in the future. The problem is that it is not logical to give up the power now for a possibility of power later, so they will keep their foot on the gas and the car headed for the cliff. They will deal with the cliff when it comes, but that could be well over a decade from now, so why worry?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Margarine will always be famous for exactly one thing: she will be known for her cutting-edge 'Jewish Space Lasers' theory until the very end ... but, not sure why, she sure gets mighty mad when asked about it !

https://twitter.com/.../1765278643150872812

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Mar 7, 24 2:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope someone brings duct tape for her mouth tonite.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, her mouth needs at least a couple of rolls ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:

Apparently the Speaker has been holding closed door meetings pleading for some decorum during the SOTU.

Good luck with that.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:

Apparently the Speaker has been holding closed door meetings pleading for some decorum during the SOTU.

Good luck with that.

All these old rich guys thought they could let white trash into the party and there wouldn't be problems :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be dumb?

Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to give Boebert credit for a sensor of humor, replying, "They should see me in church," after being asked about her theatre groping.

As others have said, I wouldn't mind Boebert and MTG if they were really looking out for the less cultured, less affluent people in their districts and the country. But they're both ladder kickers looking out purely for themselves and the cult leader.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 7, 24 7:58
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I have to give Boebert credit for a sensor of humor, replying, "They should see me in church," after being asked about her theatre groping.

Is she alluding to the amount of time she spends on her knees in church?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Margarine will always be famous for exactly one thing: she will be known for her cutting-edge 'Jewish Space Lasers' theory until the very end ... but, not sure why, she sure gets mighty mad when asked about it !

https://twitter.com/.../1765278643150872812

Wonder if Donald has hit that, since she says she would do whatever he asked. I can't believe he would pass on the opportunity.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'll just leave this here.

Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:

Please tell me this isn't an actual congressional hearing as the picture in the background would seem to suggest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:

I'd love some baby organs for my church dollhouse: https://www.etsy.com/shop/miniaturmanufactur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This can't be true. I was told by a very reliable source abortion would not be an election issue going forward.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:

I want to watch this just to see the level of bat shit crazy on display. Does C-SPAN still exist to air this sort of stuff?
Quote Reply

Prev Next