Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i start out around typical body temp, 98.3 for the first ride and 99 for the 2nd. i’m guessing ambient temp was around 80.

hr climbed quickly and was higher overall with no fan, with fan it climbed lower and sustained lower.

this is just two rides though, need much more time using the product before i feel there’s any quantifiable data to use. that said, those two runs told me to never try and ride without a fan.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
So I have had mine for all of four days now…

I am curious what others have seen for peak temperatures. I did a hot Olympic triathlon today and saw 102.1°. It was not the most miserable I have felt, but it was hard.

On my long run yesterday, I saw 103.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logged into the app today and it forced me to register an account and now i can’t swap the temp display to F.

booooooooo.

Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It should fix itself next time you open - it did that to me yesterday and when I opened this morning it was in Fahrenheit
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
logged into the app today and it forced me to register an account and now i can’t swap the temp display to F.

booooooooo.

thanks for the feedback - just logged that as an issue.
The accounts are needed for the next version of a much improved in the works at the moment. The accounts are more for personal data security (some uses cases people don't want others to see their 'medical' information) and remote monitoring.

But thanks for the feedback will make sure it gets fixed

CoreBodyTemp.com
info@CoreBodyTemp.com
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [theCOREguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the F issue did fix itself. phew!!!

my suggestion is to have the ability to opt out of signing into the app. every piece of tech i have wants me to have an account, log in, give all this info and as an end user i just want my device to work with my preferred service (garmin connect —> training peaks).

also today on an outdoor run the unit measured me at 108 degrees for the entirety of my run. same chest strap used and same body placement as before.

was there some firmware pushed out over the past couple of days?

Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [theCOREguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve used on every workout for the last several weeks. As noted above in the thread, I’m on the high end for sweat/water loss - but I guess I never really expected I’d be pouring sweat like I am when my body temp only increases 1 degree F. I’m starting to play with increasing fluid consumption on all workouts to offset, and while I’d previously stock cold beverages every 4 miles on a long run route, I’ve moved that to 2 miles.

What’s been interesting to observe with this is feeling hot and actually being hot - they are not always one and the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just wanted to post up some customer service feedback. i had issues with my unit. sent some info in to the core rep here and they immediately dispatched me a new unit when they saw mine was having problems. great customer service.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and unfortunately my 2nd unit is essentially DOA. ive tried all the typical troubleshooting i can actually do, delete / reinstall the app but i cant get this one working. im hoping im just unlucky because as it stands ive gotten two defective units.

also unfortunately our local core rep is failing to reply to emails or PMs asking for assistance. hopefully he's just busy, but previous communication was pretty quick.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
and unfortunately my 2nd unit is essentially DOA. ive tried all the typical troubleshooting i can actually do, delete / reinstall the app but i cant get this one working. im hoping im just unlucky because as it stands ive gotten two defective units.

also unfortunately our local core rep is failing to reply to emails or PMs asking for assistance. hopefully he's just busy, but previous communication was pretty quick.
Apologize Damon - please check your inbox(es) - yes typically we try to respond quickly but busy is not an excuse so this one is on me for not getting back to you sooner. Will try to get your issue sorted asap.
Thanks

CoreBodyTemp.com
info@CoreBodyTemp.com
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Interesting interview with Kristian Blummenfelt (and Hayden) speaking on their technological preparation for Tokyo and their use of CORE (@ ~18 minutes)

The Physical Performance Show with Brad Beer
286: Featured Performer: Tokyo Men's Triathlon Podium Recap: Kristian Blummenfelt (Olympic Champion) & Hayden Wilde (Bronze Medallist)

Full link:
https://podcasts.google.com/...PyAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ

CoreBodyTemp.com
info@CoreBodyTemp.com
Last edited by: theCOREguy: Aug 28, 21 8:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone here use a core and a stryd both paired to a garmin watch? I'm starting to see power drops with my stryd and stryd is thinking there may be a conflict with the core device and multiple ant+ devices. I need to run a few tests but I figured I would ask if anyone has had similar issues. We confirmed the stryd itself is reading correctly and the issue is specifically garmin dropping the stryd signal.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both paired to a fenix 6 and haven’t had any repeated dropouts throughout workouts that I’m aware of. I do however have what appears to be a reconnecting/re-pairing that happens almost 2 minutes into every run with all connected devices (HRM, stryd, core, and headphones). It fixes itself though and when I review data after I don’t see evidence of a prolonged dropout. My newest device added was a polar h10 so I tried to troubleshoot through polar and they don’t think it’s theirs that’s causing the issue.

My thought is it’s likely a garmin problem, not specifically core/stryd/polar/etc. I stopped troubleshooting since it wasn’t ongoing throughout a workout
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Yeah my issues are more disconnects/re-connects than drops. I've mainly been running on the treadmill and would see 1 or 2 disconnects per run. But then on sunday I ran outside for the first time in a while and the disconnects/re-connects were very frequent. Ran again on the treadmill yesterday and didn't notice any disconnects. You may be right that this is a garmin problem.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can provide the opposite datapoint for ballast. I have a 945 connected to a Stryd, Core, and Rhythm+ 2.0 HRM. I do not get any dropouts with the Stryd or Core. I do get occasional HRM dropouts (like 2-3 long run), but I blame the Rhythm+ for that.
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi.

Is there any independent testing validating the measurements?

My reason for asking is that I have a friend who does science where temperature measurements are needed. He have tried Core for a while and gave me plenty of charts where the correlation between Core and a temperature pill was way off. I would really really love for it to work, but I need to know that the numbers I get are fairly legit.

http://www.triallan.com
Ambassador of:
Quintana Roo - https://quintanarootri.com
Bioracer
Precision Fuel & Hydration
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too have the sensor and am trying to find its place in my training. I would be interested in your critique of this article I came across.

Thanks

https://human-performance.si/...-temperature-sensor/
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [Allanhov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just had a big firmware update. Before the firmware update I was getting some unrealistically high temp readings - 105 degrees F on pretty easy workouts. Updated CORE yesterday and temps seemed much more realistic on a hard trainer ride this morning. Maybe give the update a go and see what happens.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm. The specific issue I’m having is on a 945.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was initially having a major PITA problem with my 945 and the 2 CIQ fields, because somehow the watch thought I had more than 2 fields in use. I could set it up, and it would work for a run, then it would lose my Core field the next workout. To fix it, I removed both CIQ fields, rebooted the watch, added them both back, and it has been fine since.

Edit: I remembered one more thing that is a little different for both of these devices. Both the Stryd and Core mobile apps have an input field where you enter the device's ANT+ ID. I never paired my Core to the 945 - I just entered its ANT+ in the phone UI. For the Stryd, I did pair it and I also added its ANT+ ID through the app. Maybe this is related - how did you connect & pair your devices to the watch?
Last edited by: exxxviii: Sep 29, 21 4:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, everybody:

Let me respond to some of the latest questions on this thread.

With regard to the connection issues - in our experience, sensor dropouts tend to be together and is a general signal issue which is not CORE specific and can be an interruption from another source (we have spotted some interruption for TV cameras with all the broadcast equipment). Of course if you are spotted dropouts in just the CORE signal, while this is not an issue we have spotted a lot, you can connect with us and we will help trouble-shoot.
We have just released an update so recommend this as we have both updates and fixes.
Quote:
Hi.
Is there any independent testing validating the measurements?

My reason for asking is that I have a friend who does science where temperature measurements are needed. He have tried Core for a while and gave me plenty of charts where the correlation between Core and a temperature pill was way off. I would really really love for it to work, but I need to know that the numbers I get are fairly legit.

For the question on comparison data, one important detail to keep in mind is that the CORE sensor works in a different way to conventional thermometers and it is validate it for specific activities. Our primary reference (for our testing and data collection) is e-pill data. E-pills have the advantage that they are more convenient to use broadly for sports (i.e. as outdoor as well) and there is better acceptance by athletes compared to rectal thermometers.
We document and communicate that there are use-case scenarios for sports in which our accuracy is lower. For activities such as sauna use and indoor high intensity interval training we have room for improvement. The advantage is that as we continue to collect test data and 'train the algorithm', algorithm updates can then be pushed out to everyone using the CORE sensor.
A reassurance for athletes is that the measurements data is reliable and repeatable - so for athletes training in activities in the edge cases - the measurement data still provides an individual and appropriate baseline. Keep in mind that thermoregulation is individual so your training and thresholds should be based upon your own data.
With regard to validation of the CORE sensor, we have interest within and beyond sports for our technology and are currently undertaking a number pilot studies. For example with Ice-Swimming, the thermoregulatory response of the body is quite different to warm water swimming so this requires continuing data collection on our side to better understand behaviour, to train the algorithm and to validate.
When looking at comparison data from other sources, we are always interested to know whether the activity is validated or if it is an activity where we have documented limitations in the accuracy. It is also important to understand how the tests are conducted and we are proactive when athletes, coaches and scientists are testing to ensure they have the relevant information and support.

Quote:
I too have the sensor and am trying to find its place in my training. I would be interested in your critique of this article I came across.
Thanks

https://human-performance.si/...-temperature-sensor/
We are aware of a study recently published which tested the CORE sensor and earlier this month submitted a rebuttal to the Editorial Board. This week received the confirmation that this it is now being reviewed to address a number of issues we raised. At this stage we need to await a response and outcome.

For anything else, feel free to send me a message at any time.

Cheers,

CoreBodyTemp.com
info@CoreBodyTemp.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the answers on this thread. I just got mine this week and did the ramp test, have lots of questions, hope you can answer.
1. The ramp test determines the "heat training zone" - should these temperatures be also used for running heat adaptation sessions? I'm assuming so, but HR for example is different depending on sport
2. Can the garmin field be set to different F/C configuration than the setup of the device?
3. Why is the garmin field blinking?
4. In the alert setup of the garmin field, what number to input? is it the temperature for the alert? If so, is it in F or C (or whatever the watch is set to)?
5. If I wear it all day with the sticker - will it stay on the body during swimming (is the sticker strong enough and water resistant)?

thank you
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi DoronG,

Thanks for the questions - I'll try to address them below:

1. The ramp test determines the "heat training zone" - should these temperatures be also used for running heat adaptation sessions? I'm assuming so, but HR for example is different depending on sport
>> same temperatures ranges can be used which are 'fairly' independent of heart rate

2. Can the garmin field be set to different F/C configuration than the setup of the device?
>> On Garmin devices - it uses the temp settings of the Garmin device (C or F) - so a watch could be different from a bike computer working with the same core device.

3. Why is the garmin field blinking?
>> is this when a few digits go missing at the end ? such as 103.- >> 103.1 - this shows that the signal quality/value we are showing might have some accuracy issues. So when you first put it on we display a value but the level of confidence for accuracy goes up after 10 minutes so the first reading could be off a little. So if you first put it on and checking for fever - we would say leave it on a few more minutes... But true we should explain this a little clearer and will do that. Thanks for reminding us.

4. In the alert setup of the garmin field, what number to input? is it the temperature for the alert? If so, is it in F or C (or whatever the watch is set to)?
>> if using a alert temperature - it uses the settings of the watch. If your watch displays temp in C, the alert is in C - visa-versa for F

5. If I wear it all day with the sticker - will it stay on the body during swimming (is the sticker strong enough and water resistant)?
>> for swimming - better if you can use a chest strap. I have used the stickers in the water but... no guarantee and think if you were swimming faster could likely loose adhesion

Hope that answers most your questions - please keep them coming. You can also find more information on our website and FAQ pages

Thanks,
theCOREguy

CoreBodyTemp.com
info@CoreBodyTemp.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks very much for the answers
I will post some feedback here after using for a while and doing some heat acclimation training
Quote Reply
Re: A Team of Slowtwitchers Monitored CORE Body Temperature for Six Weeks During Training; Here’s How it Went [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DoronG wrote:
Thanks very much for the answers
I will post some feedback here after using for a while and doing some heat acclimation training

Look forward to hearing your results - again please let us know if we can assist in anyway.

We like to clarify the difference between 'heat acclimation' and 'heat training'.
Where 'heat training' should provide benifit in all conditions - when you compete you will have a higher core temperature do to the power you are producing. Heat training is to help put your body in that type of stress so it can become more efficient.
Heat acclimation is very similar training - but usually done a few weeks prior to the competition so your are prepare to compete in those conditions. Most try to simulate similar conditions they will compete in and we have some now applying this same concept when going from warmer climates to cooler climates...

Thanks again for the questions - and looking forward to hearing how you go,
theCOREguy

CoreBodyTemp.com
info@CoreBodyTemp.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next