Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Ellicott, who ran a collectibles store and lived with his mother, had no experience in taxation or government matters but earned a $97,248 annual salary as assistant deputy tax collectorly"

And yet somehow had the nickname "Big Joe." How come he got a cool nickname, and I didn't? And I moved out of the house at 18 and *didn't* run a collectibles store.

The thing I don't understand about Gaetz is why (allegedly) pay for it? I could see maybe a married politico doing it. Paying for the discretion and transitory nature. It'd be pure slime, but I could understand the motivations at some level. But Gaetz was young, powerful, ascendent, good-looking, and single. With big poofy-hair. And a celebrity. He should have to fight off women. Why pay?
Last edited by: trail: May 20, 21 13:22
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lay-zee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
"Ellicott, who ran a collectibles store and lived with his mother, had no experience in taxation or government matters but earned a $97,248 annual salary as assistant deputy tax collectorly"

And yet somehow had the nickname "Big Joe." How come he got a cool nickname, and I didn't? And I moved out of the house at 18 and *didn't* run a collectibles store.

The thing I don't understand about Gaetz is why (allegedly) pay for it? I could see maybe a married politico doing it. Paying for the discretion and transitory nature. It'd be pure slime, but I could understand the motivations at some level. But Gaetz was young, powerful, ascendent, good-looking, and single. With big poofy-hair. And a celebrity. He should have to fight off women. Why pay?

You have terrible taste in men.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thing I don't understand about Gaetz is why (allegedly) pay for it? I could see maybe a married politico doing it. Paying for the discretion and transitory nature. It'd be pure slime, but I could understand the motivations at some level. But Gaetz was young, powerful, ascendent, good-looking, and single. With big poofy-hair. And a celebrity. He should have to fight off women. Why pay?[/quote]

Because he wouldn’t be able to have sex with a minor unless he paid and he didn’t want a relationship so easier to just pay and you’re done.
Last edited by: Sanuk: May 20, 21 13:36
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

I'm a ladies' man in general, but I won't lie that he's got something going on.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Because he wouldn’t be able to have sex with a minor unless he paid

Maybe. But I've seen no solid evidence that he's a true pedophile. I understand he might like "young women," but he seems to have been largely happy with legally-aged young women.

Quote:
and he didn’t want a relationship so easier to just pay and you’re done.

Except that describes many people in their 20's. Or even 30's. I didn't want a relationship at one point in my life, but I didn't *pay*.

I guess I could understand the laziness argument. You don't want to go through all the trouble of setting up a proper one-night stand so you're sure she's 100% on board with the one-night part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

“I don’t pay them to come over, I pay them to leave.”

this website tracks the origin of the quote - and apparently a variation on that quote started with Clark Gable
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2020/01/15/pay/

"“I can pay her to go away. The others stay around, want a big romance, movie lovemaking. I do not want to be the world’s great lover and I don’t like being put on that spot.”" - Clark Gable

Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
trail wrote:

You beat me to it. I literally laughed out loud at "good-looking" "with big poofy-hair." He's a clown.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
j p o wrote:
trail wrote:

You beat me to it. I literally laughed out loud at "good-looking" "with big poofy-hair." He's a clown.

Trail’s not wrong though. Why would Gaetz pay for sex? Unless he knew he was paying a 17 yr old for sex...
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt Gaetz at Ohio event when someone starts singing “she was just 17”

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMenBA5vF/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Because he wouldn’t be able to have sex with a minor unless he paid and he didn’t want a relationship so easier to just pay and you’re done.[/quote]
x2 on that, also the possibility that he was paying for discretion. it sounds like his hookups involve scarface-grade partying, before and during, and not every random person you meet at a bar is into that. plus, if you did roll out a few rails or pills or whatever, you couldn't be assured of that rando's keeping quiet. presumably part of the deal of his 'tuition payments' was an agreement to keep quiet about all the other illegal stuff that was going on in addition to the illegal sex.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:

Funny, but the singing was terrible!

By the way, in his speech in the background, Gaetz mentions "those crazy sex scandal allegations" and jokes, "that was Jordan." Was he referring to Jim Jordan and the Ohio State scandal, or some other "Jordan?" I can't imagine Jim Jordan would be too happy about being the butt of that joke...
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: May 21, 21 3:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:

By the way, in his speech in the background, Gaetz mentions "those crazy sex scandal allegations" and jokes, "that was Jordan." Was he referring to Jim Jordan and the Ohio State scandal, or some other "Jordan?" I can't imagine Jim Jordan would be too happy about being the butt of that joke...

He should stop talking.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frat bros at Animal House
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:

Is it Donnie? Or is it Matt?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:

The falling flat, poorly delivered Joke reference was Jim. It was so Trumplike. Well done Matt, Donnie is pleased. As to how Jim took it? It would not surprise me if the combative ex wrestler doesn't take Matt to the mat over this gaff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Sanuk wrote:
Because he wouldn’t be able to have sex with a minor unless he paid and he didn’t want a relationship so easier to just pay and you’re done.

this is sort of true. But the real answer is that for a rapist sex is about POWER. If Gaetz is a typical rapist - he probably is - what he really enjoys is exploiting and violating. Most men don't understand this which is not entirely a bad thing because most men don't think like a rapist.

The joke he made about Jim Jordan. Wow. There is a lot there to unpack. He has been enabled, clearly.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:

The falling flat, poorly delivered Joke reference was Jim. It was so Trumplike. Well done Matt, Donnie is pleased. As to how Jim took it? It would not surprise me if the combative ex wrestler doesn't take Matt to the mat over this gaff.

It's Gym Jordan. He'd just deny ever hearing anything about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess who's ex-girlfriend is now helping with the investigation.

He must be flipping out.

[/font]https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/21/politics/gaetz-investigators-cooperation-ex-girlfriend/index.html

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Guess who's ex-girlfriend is now helping with the investigation.

He must be flipping out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/21/politics/gaetz-investigators-cooperation-ex-girlfriend/index.html
[/font]

They are flipping like pancakes...life is good...
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
jmh wrote:
So when does this pedophile get arrested and perp walked?

Seems like he’s enough of a creepy douchebag without accusing him of something like that.

I've come around. You are correct he's not a pedophile... the correct term is ephebophile.

And there is this from his fiancée's sister.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read that yesterday. She's on one side, and Gaetz and the woman who has agreed to stand by him is on the other side. Sounds like they all have some issues, but I wouldn't put anything past Gaetz. Let me correct that... I wouldn't put anything past Gaetz if it involves a woman under the age of 30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.nytimes.com/...ytimes&smtyp=cur

Justice Dept. Adds Two Top Prosecutors to Matt Gaetz Case

The prosecutors — one a public corruption investigator with an expertise in child exploitation crimes, and the other a top leader of the public corruption unit — have been working on the Florida-based investigation for at least three months, the people said.

It is not unusual for prosecutors from the Justice Department in Washington to be added to local teams of federal investigators in high-profile cases that require a deep and specific expertise like sex crimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matty boy's ex-girlfriend testified against him today before a federal grand jury.

I'm still looking forward to his perp walk.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Matty boy's ex-girlfriend testified against him today before a federal grand jury.

I'm still looking forward to his perp walk.

Me too. But I can imagine he or his lawyer will say that he's just being persecuted because he is an enemy of the deep state. A few will support him because they see nothing wrong with paying underage girls for sex.
Quote Reply

Prev Next