Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter
Quote | Reply
Why? Because she is the gift that keeps on giving.

Margarine recently tweeted:
"I’m glad I ran into you today @AOC to plan our debate about the Green New Deal. After I finish reading all 14 pages, like we agreed, I’ll schedule time for our debate."

Needless to say, the replies to her tweet were truly awesome. So much humor, and much of it priceless:
https://m.huffpost.com/...f556e4b0c1b89645039a

Yes, she clearly went to 'Qollege' ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 22, 21 18:19
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there an audio books version of that to help her get through it? Who will sound out the big words for her?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think she wrote that tweet herself? That’s a ridiculous self-own.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Do you think she wrote that tweet herself? That’s a ridiculous self-own.

Sounds like her ignorance of the length of bills has caused her to throw shade at herself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We live in the dumbest timeline. How dumb do you have to be, after attacking something for over one year, admit you have not even got around to reading what you attacked and it is only 14 pages?

The worst part is how few of the people that voted for her care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did I read that correctly?

She wants the debate to be a pay per view event where her and AOC split the profits?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
god help me for defending her but . . .

she may just be spitting back ground rules. that's how i read it initially.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Did I read that correctly?

She wants the debate to be a pay per view event where her and AOC split the profits?

You betcha !

I was more hoping for some senator mud wrestling ...

Maybe moscow mitch vs flip-flop lindsey ?!

You know, maybe in Borat-style speedos.

I would bet on that, but I most certainly would have to shield my eyes !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

You don’t think she should have read the whole 14 pages before she attacked it for over a year? She couldn’t find time in that whole year to read 14 pages that she has spent lots of time attacking?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She said she's done and ready to debate...This has pretty strong comedy potential...well except that she's an elected official...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just another example of why we need an IQ test to be able to vote.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not only is the Green New Deal only 14 pages, it's written in a bill writing style (not sure exactly what that's called). There is very little text on each page. Anyone else could probably get through it in under 10 minutes.

Also I'm constantly amused by the uproar the GND causes. It's not even a proposed piece of legislation, it's just a plan. Basically an extremely general idea of what future legislation could look like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s a PR stunt.
Nobody has given her any attention recently, so she needed the photo op
to get back into the spotlight.
Like having your photo taken with a celebrity....
Joke is in those who give her, or pay her, any attention....

Yeah, I just did.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [slowchi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowchi wrote:
Not only is the Green New Deal only 14 pages, it's written in a bill writing style (not sure exactly what that's called). There is very little text on each page. Anyone else could probably get through it in under 10 minutes.

Also I'm constantly amused by the uproar the GND causes. It's not even a proposed piece of legislation, it's just a plan. Basically an extremely general idea of what future legislation could look like.

I just read it, 9 minutes. Not much of it was even objectionable and all of it is a long way from actually establishing any specific policies.

I would like to the see the debate but I think it would just be AOC saying, "that's not what it says" 100 times.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
kiki wrote:

You don’t think she should have read the whole 14 pages before she attacked it for over a year? She couldn’t find time in that whole year to read 14 pages that she has spent lots of time attacking?

AOC may have snookered her here, both getting a confession that MTG never read it AND that 14 pages is past her abilities . . .

anyway, points scored before the debate even happens
Last edited by: kiki: Apr 22, 21 10:16
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just another example of why we need an IQ test to be able to vote*
---

*or run for office

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is a troll personified. She seems to do nothing but introduce troll bills (like the Fire Fauci thing) that obviously will go nowhere but the round filing bin next to Pelosi's desk.

It's amazing seeing an actual troll in congress... I just wish she weren't actually there
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
slowchi wrote:

I just read it, 9 minutes. Not much of it was even objectionable and all of it is a long way from actually establishing any specific policies.

I would like to the see the debate but I think it would just be AOC saying, "that's not what it says" 100 times.

I just read it in 5 minutes. 🏆

But I didn’t retain anything beyond the impression that it looks good.

Summary: whereas we have a lot of problems (human-driven climate change and social and economic stagnation and bad feelies which will result in financial losses), the US has a duty arising from outsized contribution to problems and outsized ability to solve them to get their shit together (by investing in clean energy, regular workers, listening & supporting vulnerable frontline people—including their participation in democracy, farmers, small businesses, yada yada yada.

I hope there’s a debate.
https://www.congress.gov/...LLS-116hres109ih.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
chaparral wrote:
kiki wrote:

AOC may have snookered her here, both getting a confession that MTG never read it AND that 14 pages is past her abilities . . .

anyway, points scored before the debate even happens

The issue with a debate between the 2 is that MTG won't even notice that AOC is making her look like the moron she is. And MGT's supporters will also think that Marj is kicking butts and taking no prisoners.
Insert that meme about playing chess with a pigeon. As wind said, the best thing to do is to ignore her and hopefully she will return to her trailer park and gym fuck buddies.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
It’s a PR stunt.
Nobody has given her any attention recently, so she needed the photo op to get back into the spotlight.

Sure, but where are the guns?
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
The issue with a debate between the 2 is that MTG won't even notice that AOC is making her look like the moron she is. And MGT's supporters will also think that Marj is kicking butts and taking no prisoners.
Insert that meme about playing chess with a pigeon. As wind said, the best thing to do is to ignore her and hopefully she will return to her trailer park and gym fuck buddies.

There's really no need or upside to AOC agreeing to this. She'll make Marg look stupid which is not exactly state secrets. You punch up, not down.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Francois wrote:

There's really no need or upside to AOC agreeing to this. She'll make Marg look stupid which is not exactly state secrets. You punch up, not down.

Maybe JSA will come back and post memes about how stupid AOC is.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Just another example of why we need an IQ test to be able to vote.

Hmmmm Jim Crow called he'd like his laws back
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
She said she's done and ready to debate...This has pretty strong comedy potential...well except that she's an elected official...

Hey bartenders are people too
Quote Reply
Re: Why I love Margarine Taylor Grifter [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
Francois wrote:

Maybe JSA will come back and post memes about how stupid AOC is.

No need, we have Windy.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next