Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the vehicle camera from the start of lights on to when the rookie cop got out of his vehicle? Curious of the timeline.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
Does anyone have the vehicle camera from the start of lights on to when the rookie cop got out of his vehicle? Curious of the timeline.
I'm curious why they said it was Felony stop at about 1 min in.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
But the way US police depts work, he'll likely be given a promotion. ...

I'm in the mood for calling out horseshit tonight.

Why do you post horseshit like this? It's inflammatory, it's not helpful, and you know full well it isn't true.

There's plenty of reason to pile on this asshole cop, but to claim that he'll likely get a promotion, and then to generalize to all US police departments, is horseshit, pure and simple.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See audio link in the post you replied to, it looks like you missed it.

Listen to audio piece where actual honest cops explain what really happens behind the scenes (for example, police harass, alienate, and cite 100% innocent people, wasting massive resources and our tax dollars, but these same police happily let serial rapists have a rape and crime spree -- and l am dead f*cking serious about all of this).

THEN you come back and tell me it's horsesh*it.

(Because its not, its all f*cking true.)

Knowledge is power, baby ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:

Court records show it’s 1:40 or so after he gets lit up before he stops at the gas station.

Cops are humans.
Sometimes they are in a bad place.
People at a bad mental place shouldn’t be allowed to make life/death decisions.

I really don’t understand there’s no continuous briefing/debriefing or psych assessment in law enforcement.
And there should be no ‘wiggle room’ on how policies and procedures (quite arbitrary as of now) have to be implemented.*

Just shows how little we as a society value social justice.
We’d rather get rid of those who keep us ‘social accountable’.
Quite ironically, isn’t it?

And:
Dark tinted front windows should be illegal, and drivers in such vehicles should always be considered high-risk stops.
They’re by definition ‘shady characters’.

* The arbitrary interpretation what constitutes ‘come to a full stop’ at stop sign is a prime example.

I think
I covered all my grievances of today.
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 11, 21 21:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
SH wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
We need to find some way to change conditions so that we have more qualified officers so that we can get rid of the dumb bubbas.

I’d argue the continued employment of unstable and/or morally corrupt LEO’s is exactly what is causing the situation that makes the environment unappealing to the qualified. I do agree it isn’t a simple fix though.

I'd think that some form of discipline or discontinued employment will be in order for the two LEOs here.

You, sir, are dreaming ...

One of them has already been fired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
SH wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
We need to find some way to change conditions so that we have more qualified officers so that we can get rid of the dumb bubbas.

I’d argue the continued employment of unstable and/or morally corrupt LEO’s is exactly what is causing the situation that makes the environment unappealing to the qualified. I do agree it isn’t a simple fix though.

I'd think that some form of discipline or discontinued employment will be in order for the two LEOs here.

You, sir, are dreaming ...

This incident happened last December. Since then, disciplinary action was already taken, additional training instituted, the police department indicated that policy was not followed, and Officer Gutierrez was terminated.

If he’s dreaming, he’s dreaming about stuff that already happened. But don’t let reality get in the way of your opportunity to rant.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Listen to audio piece where actual honest cops explain what really happens behind the scenes (for example, police harass, alienate, and cite 100% innocent people, wasting massive resources and our tax dollars, but these same police happily let serial rapists have a rape and crime spree -- and l am dead f*cking serious about all of this).

So you're sticking with your story, that he'll "likely be promoted". None of your follow-up supports your assertion.

Why do you feel the need to double down on horseshit?
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
I find it interesting that every analysis done on instances of horrible policing, even those with tragic endings, always get sidetracked into what the victim should have done differently.

It is odd how we hold random people off the street to a higher standard than the "professionals" that are supposedly trained and that we pay their salaries and also give them guns.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
I find it interesting that every analysis done on instances of horrible policing, even those with tragic endings, always get sidetracked into what the victim should have done differently.

It is odd how we hold random people off the street to a higher standard than the "professionals" that are supposedly trained and that we pay their salaries and also give them guns.

We don't. We hold those trained professionals to a standard commensurate with their position and expertise, and simultaneously hold random people off the street to a standard commensurate with common sense.

As difficult as it is for internet discussion board participants to grasp, everyone has responsibility for their choices and actions, not just whoever we view as the "bad guy" this week.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another criminal fleeing an arrest warrant is shot dead in Minneapolis.
And everybody is crying murder again.

Should we just let criminals go about their ‘business’? Or what’s the right way to hold them accountable?
Because criminals are aware of the confusion and take ample advantage of it.

I don’t see the current jurisdictional system being able to keep them from committing crimes, and don’t see Police having any choice other than rolling over or choosing deadly force to apprehend them.

We are so screwed.....
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 11, 21 23:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the disciplinary action and retraining has already taken place. The only reason this is in the news now is a smart plan by his lawyer to drop the lawsuit and make a lot of public noise in the middle of the Chauvin trial. Expect a settlement soon if it hasn’t already happened.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Officer Gutierrez was fired. The press release about his termination was yesterday.

The press release says an investigation started immediately after the 12/5 incident. My initial thoughts are that Officer Gutierrez was fired yesterday after the incident made national news. If that's the case, what took so long? Anyone know specifically when he was fired?

Press release
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:

Should we just let criminals go about their ‘business’? Or what’s the right way to hold them accountable?

I don’t see the current jurisdictional system being able to keep them from committing crimes, and don’t see Police having any choice other than rolling over or choosing deadly force to apprehend them.

We are so screwed.....

Don't we have the highest proportion of our population incarcerated of any country in the developed world?

They must be doing something "right".
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

So you're sticking with your story, that he'll "likely be promoted". None of your follow-up supports your assertion.

Why do you feel the need to double down on horseshit?

Are you frightened of learning things (real accounts from police officers) that will upend your worldview? Most people are. But you're tougher than most people, l think you can handle learning the truth.

If this little Virginia cop story wasn't videoed and publicized, most certainly these f*ckwit cops would have been promoted. Note how "conveniently" all of the consequences to the cops came only because the story hit the press.

Because you think there would have been a Chauvin trial if it wasn't for the public posting of the video of Chauvin coldly killing George Floyd in broad daylight? If you do, well, ... then l have a bridge that l want to sell you ...

Until you listen to the audio piece, you simply have no idea how real US police departments operate.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 12, 21 7:05
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:
So Officer Gutierrez was fired. The press release about his termination was yesterday.

The press release says an investigation started immediately after the 12/5 incident. My initial thoughts are that Officer Gutierrez was fired yesterday after the incident made national news. If that's the case, what took so long? Anyone know specifically when he was fired?

Press release

There is an easy answer:

It is a case of C.Y.A. regarding the police dept.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
windschatten wrote:

We are so screwed.....

Don't we have the highest proportion of our population incarcerated of any country in the developed world?

They must be doing something "right".

Nope. We have the greatest no. incarcerated relative to our population in THE ENTIRE world.

We even beat baddies like Russia, China, and N.Korea.

We're truly, ... uh, ... no. 1 ... what an honor ...

--
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Replying to last.

We can debate all day whether their actions were appropriate, whether he could have complied differently, his motivation to behave the way he did, and so on.

What we can't debate is the fact that the cops lied their asses off in the incident report.

My bet is that the department will be writing a check to that motorist and the cops will be disciplined.

Yup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
If this little Virginia cop story wasn't videoed and publicized, most certainly these f*ckwit cops would have been promoted. Note how "conveniently" all of the consequences to the cops came only because the story hit the press.

This thread was started *after* the story was videoed, publicized, and hit the press. In fact if wouldn't even exist if those things hadn't already happened.

So you had all that information at your disposal at the time you issued your prediction that these officers would be promoted.

You seem to have a hard time admitting/acknowledging when you're wrong. It was a ridiculous statement when you made it, and has since been proven to be 100% opposite of reality.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious about this. They lied how? I haven't seen the incident report.

My suspicion is, these alleged "lies" boil down to a he said/she said situation. Obviously the officers and the driver are going to have very different accounts of what took place that night. Neither one is automatically lying if/when the stories don't sound the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:

My suspicion is, these alleged "lies" boil down to a he said/she said situation. Obviously the officers and the driver are going to have very different accounts of what took place that night. Neither one is automatically lying if/when the stories don't sound the same.

True, but the video probably gives some indication.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
davearm wrote:

True, but the video probably gives some indication.

Exactly. So I'm curious to know what the officers stated in their incident report that the video shows to be a lie.

Maybe they did lie, I'm not claiming it didn't happen. Just curious to hear the details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

This thread was started *after* the story was videoed, publicized, and hit the press. In fact if wouldn't even exist if those things hadn't already happened.

So you had all that information at your disposal at the time you issued your prediction that these officers would be promoted.

You seem to have a hard time admitting/acknowledging when you're wrong. It was a ridiculous statement when you made it, and has since been proven to be 100% opposite of reality.

How does the response to the video disprove Dark’s prediction about what would have happened with no video?
Quote Reply
Re: Fixin’ to ride the lightning [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Again, yes, bad policing.

Also:

“Officer, here are my hands, my door is locked so I can’t open it from the outside. I can reach inside to open it if you’re comfortable with that. What would you like me to do sir?”

But maybe not:

“I’m not getting out, I haven’t done anything wrong”

I’m not blaming the driver for bad policing. That’s on the police. I’m saying it’s not the right way to handle an interaction with law enforcement. I don’t believe that should be a controversial opinion.

Being screamed at with guns drawn, when you haven't done anything wrong, leads people not to make the best decisions.

Reaching in the car to unlock the door, to you, sounds like a great idea because you don't actually think you're going to get shot for it. He did, and reasonably so.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

I have no problem admitting I am/was wrong. I didn't follow every single detail of the timeline of this story, so I have no idea what happened exactly when. I made an off the cuff prediction based on my knowledge of the f*cked up shit that happens within US police departments. Regarding my off the cuff predictions, sure, sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong. But life goes on. I won't cry if you won't cry.

But I DO know that police depts in the usa typically reward stupid f*ckwittery like this (i.e., shit police work, where cops treat innocent people in the community like garbage or worse, and then deliberately look the other way while actual vicious violent criminals go on unabated crime sprees). And, even better, police depts harm, retaliate against, and demote decent good honest cops, it is just part of how police depts operate. And if you don't believe a word I am saying, then at least listen to (short audio piece) WHAT ACTUAL CAREER COPS SAY

(well, if you're brave enough, because I will tell you in advance it ain't pretty).

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 12, 21 8:13
Quote Reply

Prev Next