Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He says it started this month with an extortion text.

Pants on fire ... DOJ says it started when Trump was still in power.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Also, a 17 year old girl is really not a woman. A 17 year old is likely a junior or senior in high school, living at home.

I knew a girl who turned 18 her junior year at Michigan. Of course as a minor, he did live at home as a freshman and sophomore.
A couple guys I knew in high school went away to college at 17, but they turned 18 the first month of freshman year.

Neither here nor there though.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
This is from an interview, with Tucker Carlson I believe.

"It is a horrible allegation and it is a lie," Gaetz said. "The New York Times is running a story that I have traveled with a 17-year-old woman and that is verifiably false. People can look at my travel records and see that that is not the case."

If you read between the lines, it seems odd that he would call a 17 year old girl a "woman". Do 38 year old guys call a 17 year old a girl, or a woman?

That doesn't seem that odd to me.

Banging a 17 year old when you're in your mid thirties on the other hand....someone should drug test him, he has that frat boy coke head look

No, it isn't odd. It is fucking creepy.

He dances, bobs, weaves, dodges, and shimmies his way through that interview so much he convinced me he 100% did it.

I didn't watch the interview. Calling a 17 year old a woman or man isn't that odd to me. They're on the cusp of adulthood. It also wouldn't be odd to me to call an 18 year old a girl or a boy.

This is from his interview with Axios-
Asked what the charges could relate to, Gaetz said: "I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I've dated. You know, I've paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not."

Imagine saying what Gaetz said in that interview and being able to say it with a straight face and not have the interviewer tell you that you’re full of shit.

Clearly the doj doesn’t care about if he’s paying for things for a girlfriend. But if he was fucking a 17 year old and flying her around the country with him that’s another thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Also, a 17 year old girl is really not a woman. A 17 year old is likely a junior or senior in high school, living at home.

I knew a girl who turned 18 her junior year at Michigan. Of course as a minor, he did live at home as a freshman and sophomore.
A couple guys I knew in high school went away to college at 17, but they turned 18 the first month of freshman year.

Neither here nor there though.

What seems critical to me is (assuming there is a 17 year old involved) did he know, was she misrepresenting herself as older, etc.

I know a person who in high school had a fake ID and was going out to bars and hooking up with much older guys. It hardly seems reasonable for a man to be charged with rape for hooking up with girl in such a situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daustin wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

"It is a horrible allegation and it is a lie," Gaetz said. "The New York Times is running a story that I have traveled with a 17-year-old woman and that is verifiably false. People can look at my travel records and see that that is not the case."

If you read between the lines, it seems odd that he would call a 17 year old girl a "woman". Do 38 year old guys call a 17 year old a girl, or a woman?

Banging a 17 year old when you're in your mid thirties on the other hand....someone should drug test him, he has that frat boy coke head look

He dances, bobs, weaves, dodges, and shimmies his way through that interview so much he convinced me he 100% did it.

I didn't watch the interview. Calling a 17 year old a woman or man isn't that odd to me. They're on the cusp of adulthood. It also wouldn't be odd to me to call an 18 year old a girl or a boy.

Asked what the charges could relate to, Gaetz said: "I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I've dated. You know, I've paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not."

Imagine saying what Gaetz said in that interview and being able to say it with a straight face and not have the interviewer tell you that you’re full of shit.

Clearly the doj doesn’t care about if he’s paying for things for a girlfriend. But if he was fucking a 17 year old and flying her around the country with him that’s another thing.

Yeah not exactly a stellar defense.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Initially I agree but if he made a comment, "the woman I was with" and then you found out the girl was 17, that would not only sound odd, that would be an odd way to make the statement. I've never heard anyone, until now, refer to a 17 year old as a woman. A young woman, yes, a woman, nope.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every law enforcement agency in the US would disagree with you. Lack of knowledge of her age is not something that would matter to them charging and finding you guilty.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Every law enforcement agency in the US would disagree with you. Lack of knowledge of her age is not something that would matter to them charging and finding you guilty.

That just seems crazy.

How could a person know? Their ID even says they are 21+.

I would think it matter for findings of guilt at least, which is done by courts (including juries) not law enforcement agencies.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Mar 31, 21 6:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
daustin wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Yeah not exactly a stellar defense.

When asked if he there was a 17 year old he also said, "The woman does not exist."

Which is odd because in the next breath he talks about how "they" are trying to make buying stuff for your girlfriend criminal. Which is it? Did you buy stuff for your girlfriend or does she not exist (maybe he had a girlfriend that goes to a different school)? Did you date someone who was really young but 18+? Did you date someone who you thought was 18 but possibly wasn't?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
ryans wrote:

That just seems crazy.

I would think it matter for findings of guilt at least, which is done by courts (including juries) not law enforcement agencies.

When I was younger, 21 living in Florida, me and my buddy were at a picnic and there were a couple of girls flirting with us. We asked my friends SIL what their names were and if she knew anything about them. She told us their names and said, "oh, the one on the left is 14 and the one on the right is 15." They looked a lot older than 14 & 15. We left the picnic.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Initially I agree but if he made a comment, "the woman I was with" and then you found out the girl was 17, that would not only sound odd, that would be an odd way to make the statement. I've never heard anyone, until now, refer to a 17 year old as a woman. A young woman, yes, a woman, nope.

He's using that word deliberately as part of a misinformation campaign. Don't refer to her as a girl, or young woman, instead she's a "woman". It attempts to somewhat normalize the relationship, and his followers will buy it.

And no, a 17 year old is never referred to as a "woman" or "man" unless you are trying to indicate that they are an adult. (the only exception that I can think of is sometimes, heat sheets at swim meets will list age groups as "women" and "men", regardless of age, but that might just be a software thing and is specific to the context of a swim meet.)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
ryans wrote:

That just seems crazy.

When I was younger, 21 living in Florida, me and my buddy were at a picnic and there were a couple of girls flirting with us. We asked my friends SIL what their names were and if she knew anything about them. She told us their names and said, "oh, the one on the left is 14 and the one on the right is 15." They looked a lot older than 14 & 15. We left the picnic.

My daughter is 15. Sometimes, she goes to the college gym with me where I work out. I don't think she looks any younger than what I presume are the mostly 18-22 year old girls working out there. She's been mistaken for a college age girl more than once, and it's not like she even has a particularly womanly figure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
ryans wrote:

That just seems crazy.

My daughter is 15. Sometimes, she goes to the college gym with me where I work out. I don't think she looks any younger than what I presume are the mostly 18-22 year old girls working out there. She's been mistaken for a college age girl more than once, and it's not like she even has a particularly womanly figure.

The law simply doesn't care. If "I thought she was 18" was a valid defense then age of consent laws could hardly ever be prosecuted. If they are under 18 you are guilty, and I'm not sure how many juries will really be all that sympathetic to someone in their mid to late 30's making that claim. 21 or 22 years old, maybe. 38? Please.

ETA - it is entirely possible that he has been set up and none of this is true at all. In which case he needs to shut up, stop giving interviews, hire someone who is good with damage control, and fire the guy who went on Tucker Carlson last night because that guy sucks at this.

Last edited by: j p o: Mar 31, 21 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
ryans wrote:

That just seems crazy.

The law simply doesn't care. If "I thought she was 18" was a valid defense then age of consent laws could hardly ever be prosecuted. If they are under 18 you are guilty, and I'm not sure how many juries will really be all that sympathetic to someone in their mid to late 30's making that claim. 21 or 22 years old, maybe. 38? Please.

Yeah I get that. My comments prior were specific to someone under 18 hooking up with someone older who they met in a bar, and even having an ID that shows they are 21+.

I find it hard to believe that any jury in those circumstances would convict someone of statutory rape. I know I wouldn't. There's the law and then there's justice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
ryans wrote:

That just seems crazy.

Yeah I get that. My comments prior were specific to someone under 18 hooking up with someone older who they met in a bar, and even having an ID that shows they are 21+.

I find it hard to believe that any jury in those circumstances would convict someone of statutory rape. I know I wouldn't. There's the law and then there's justice.

I'm trying to remember who it was, and it seems like it was a MLB player but not sure ( I found the story and it looks like it was Felipe Vasquez ). He, hooked up with a 13 year old and used the "I thought she was 16" defense. Oof.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
ryans wrote:

That just seems crazy.

I'm trying to remember who it was, and it seems like it was a MLB player but not sure ( I found the story and it looks like it was Felipe Vasquez ). He, hooked up with a 13 year old and used the "I thought she was 16" defense. Oof.

Yeah that would be hard one to pull off.

I know we have some lawyers around here. If a person is duped into breaking the law would that really be prosecuted let alone get a conviction?
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

He's using that word deliberately as part of a misinformation campaign. Don't refer to her as a girl, or young woman, instead she's a "woman". It attempts to somewhat normalize the relationship, and his followers will buy it.

And no, a 17 year old is never referred to as a "woman" or "man" unless you are trying to indicate that they are an adult. (the only exception that I can think of is sometimes, heat sheets at swim meets will list age groups as "women" and "men", regardless of age, but that might just be a software thing and is specific to the context of a swim meet.)

This is the correct answer. He’s going trying to frame it as some “Biden DOJ smear campaign by the deep state going after men in heterosexual relationships”.

And the MAGA sheeple will buy it up saying “she was a woman , knew what she was doing” or similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ignorance is rarely a good defense...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Ignorance is rarely a good defense...

There's a difference between ignorance and being duped.

Someone who hooks up with someone they connect with in a bar is working under the reasonable assumption they are 21 in order to be in the bar, especially if they are ordering drinks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still call that ignorance. Everyone knows of people that get into the bars on fake ID’s. So, you know there are ladies in the bar that are not 21. If you are in your 30’s and take a girl home from the bar assuming she is 21, you are an idiot not to 100% verify she is of age.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
I still call that ignorance. Everyone knows of people that get into the bars on fake ID’s. So, you know there are ladies in the bar that are not 21. If you are in your 30’s and take a girl home from the bar assuming she is 21, you are an idiot not to 100% verify she is of age.

You mean by checking her ID?

And why would it matter if the person is in their 30's? If it turns out she's under 18, wouldn't any person over 21 be just as guilty of statutory rape?
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Mar 31, 21 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
He says it started this month with an extortion text.

Pants on fire ... DOJ says it started when Trump was still in power.

It is possible that Gaetz did something wrong AND was extorted. Both are totally possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For sure it's not mutually exclusive I'm betting he's not being truthful about the details.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
For sure it's not mutually exclusive I'm betting he's not being truthful about the details.

As I pointed out earlier, Dennis Hastert both raped minors and was extorted.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Gaetz-Come on down!!!! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Calling a 17 year old a woman or man isn't that odd to me. They're on the cusp of adulthood.

There is nothing normal about the phrase "seventeen year old woman."

"Young lady," sure. Maybe "young woman." But not in the context of discussing inappropriate conduct with a minor. It's just...off.

It's much more common to refer to a 25 year old as a "kid" than it is to refer to a 17 year old as a woman.

Hell, in my college XC days, my dad kept referring to the "girls' team" or the "boys' team."

Either way, this could have never happened and I still would have thought that Gaetz is a scumbag.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply

Prev Next