Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
There is a pretty good chance that by tomorrow Marjorie well get a talking-to but maintain her committee position but Liz Cheney will be removed from her position for voting to impeach. This is today's Republican Party.

Some House GOP also trying to remove Omar from committees. Not because she's done or said anything "wrong" recently, just as punishment for the Democrats trying to remove Marjorie...both sides, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
There is a pretty good chance that by tomorrow Marjorie well get a talking-to but maintain her committee position but Liz Cheney will be removed from her position for voting to impeach. This is today's Republican Party.

I read an article about that. That is all sorts of messed up. The GOP can't afford to alienate any voters (except for rioting non-voters) but they are doing their best. They may lose my vote for all R candidates if this is the path that they chose.
Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Feb 3, 21 9:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:

They are working through some issues these days. My party affiliation separation agreement remains solid until the loonies and white supremacists be gone.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
jmh wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

What do you expect when you elect a person to Congress whose only qualifications in life were being a dumb jock or coaching dumb jocks?

Do you think Alabama embarrassed by him?

Only the ones who went to Bama

The only saving grace is that Tupperware coached at Auburn, that Junior College close to Georgia, Nick would never say stupid shit like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ask the Coke bottle? It’s smarter than Tommy.
Last edited by: tyrod1: Feb 3, 21 8:02
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

FTFY

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Thom wrote:

They are working through some issues these days. My party affiliation separation agreement remains solid until the loonies and white supremacists be gone.

One nice thing about my state is that as an independent I can actually vote in either (but not both) primary elections. As of last month, I left the “r” party and registered as an independent. I plan to still vote for the best, most sane, least Q-anon affiliated republican candidate, but will not feel bad at all voting democrat in the future if the republicans continue down their current path.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Thom wrote:

I read an article about that. That is all sorts of messed up. The GOP can't afford to alienate any voters (or rioting non-voters) but they are doing their best. They may lose my vote for all R candidates if this is the path that they chose.

My wife was just complaining how much she disliked Greene. I actually am very glad she is there. Now the GOP has to address the giant steaming pile in the middle of the carpet. If she wasn't there most of them would just step around the mess and pretend the Q debacle had nothing to do with their voters.

It is their only way to move forward and this helps speed that along. Of course, they may be out of office for awhile but it has to be done.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After their private House repub meetings, many in caucus gave her standing ovation. And they secretly voted to keep Cheney in leadership. Have these folks no shame? Only some Senate leaders showing much spine on this issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McCarthy’s lack of a spine now puts the onus on the Dems to strip Greene of her Committee assignments. So the Republicans will then blame the Democrats for trying to shut her up instead of cleaning up their own mess. Not sure if that’s brilliant or stupid.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
McCarthy’s lack of a spine now puts the onus on the Dems to strip Greene of her Committee assignments. So the Republicans will then blame the Democrats for trying to shut her up instead of cleaning up their own mess. Not sure if that’s brilliant or stupid.

Dems should bring Al Franken back.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

I've had a similar thoughts on the long term intelligence of the no spine strategy that has defined the GQP since 2016.

I'm not sure how being a moral coward or failing to exclude kooks from the caucus is good for the party, but McCarthy (Q- CA) seems to think that is his best play.

I think he and the rest of the GQP have lost their collective minds, in addition to their spines. But these seeds were sown years ago and any voter paying attention left the party.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTG really does not like the Jews

https://forward.com/news/463515/every-antisemitic-thing-marjorie-taylor-greene-has-said-and-done-so-far/

This is who the GOP gave a standing ovation to yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
https://forward.com/news/463515/every-antisemitic-thing-marjorie-taylor-greene-has-said-and-done-so-far/

In her defense, they are ARE shooting space lasers at forests. <facepalm>

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

I've had a similar thoughts on the long term intelligence of the no spine strategy that has defined the GQP since 2016.

I'm not sure how being a moral coward or failing to exclude kooks from the caucus is good for the party, but McCarthy (Q- CA) seems to think that is his best play.

I think he and the rest of the GQP have lost their collective minds, in addition to their spines. But these seeds were sown years ago and any voter paying attention left the party.

McCarthy is brilliant? stupid? or without spine? The fact that he came to the rescue of Cheney while allowing the Georgia Peach a pass puts him in the at least "he's not stupid" class as he tries to walk the line with the GOP to his left and your christened GQP to his right. Without question, he is without spine. But there is no way to assign brilliance to him either. He is merely a politician who understands he is in a party where quite a few his voters are in fact not paying attention.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:

That blew me away when I read that, though it shouldn't have surprised me. It was probably the same group that voted to object to the EC results. I just cannot understand how legislators would think that someone like her belongs in the group, much less deserves a standing ovation. It is sickening.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
McCarthy is brilliant? stupid? or without spine?.........He is merely a politician who understands he is in a party where quite a few his voters are in fact not paying attention.

I get what you are trying to say with the bolded, but I don’t think that is accurate. Give me a single-issue voter who cares about what MTG says. Even the religious who should be appalled at her can fall back on the abortion excuse. People like MTG have figured out she has an infinity leash in her party as most of the R voters who are paying attention are locked in on their hatred for anything “libtard”. Unfortunately that won’t change until the likes of McConnell, Graham, and now McCarthy are long gone.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
gofigure wrote:
McCarthy is brilliant? stupid? or without spine?.........He is merely a politician who understands he is in a party where quite a few his voters are in fact not paying attention.

I get what you are trying to say with the bolded, but I don’t think that is accurate. Give me a single-issue voter who cares about what MTG says. Even the religious who should be appalled at her can fall back on the abortion excuse. People like MTG have figured out she has an infinity leash in her party as most of the R voters who are paying attention are locked in on their hatred for anything “libtard”. Unfortunately that won’t change until the likes of McConnell, Graham, and now McCarthy are long gone.

I just borrowed the bolded from jmh. I'll let him give it a go, but it seems within your response you have answered.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
People like MTG have figured out she has an infinity leash in her party as most of the R voters who are paying attention are locked in on their hatred for anything “libtard”.

Just look at Windy. An apparent 'moderate' Republican, who "fucking detests the left" (in his words), even though Biden's policies are probably more closely aligned with his own than Trump's were.

But when you view everything through partisan lenses, it's hard to see the wood for the trees.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
People like MTG have figured out she has an infinity leash in her party as most of the R voters who are paying attention are locked in on their hatred for anything “libtard”.

Just look at Windy. An apparent 'moderate' Republican, who "fucking detests the left" (in his words), even though Biden's policies are probably more closely aligned with his own than Trump's were.

But when you view everything through partisan lenses, it's hard to see the wood for the trees.

It’s a crazy world to think she would have been dropped by her label weeks ago if she was a country music star. Now she gets a standing ovation. Have to know your audience!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

I've said it for a while. After the civil rights era there were a lot of progressive changes in the country. A lot of people felt "left behind" by those changes one way or another. Quietly for two decades the diseases of "machismo" patriarchy, racism, vitriolic language, and bitterness have built a fever that was unleased on the world in the Trump era.

These people have always been there. It was really non-PC and really unacceptable to be like these people for those two decades. And suddenly it isn't. Those deplorables like MTG were given an excessive voice.

And now we're having to address it.

I just really hope it doesn't turn into a really disorganized and borderless version of the Irish "troubles" era.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Nutella wrote:

That blew me away when I read that, though it shouldn't have surprised me. It was probably the same group that voted to object to the EC results. I just cannot understand how legislators would think that someone like her belongs in the group, much less deserves a standing ovation. It is sickening.

And it isn't like people are digging up things she did 15 or 20 years ago. She did all this stuff in the last 2 years. And she is very proud of it. Without those things she has no resume. There is nothing else there. And the House GOP is all in with it. It seems they are bound and determined to ride off the cliff with Q and Trump a la Thelma and Louise (for you youngsters use the Googles, it was a famous movie scene).

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
And the House GOP is all in with it. It seems they are bound and determined to ride off the cliff with Q and Trump a la Thelma and Louise (for you youngsters use the Googles, it was a famous movie scene).

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now she’s playing the victim card while saying “people made me believe things I shouldn’t have.”

Pathetic woman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Now she’s playing the victim card while saying “people made me believe things I shouldn’t have.”

Pathetic woman.

They “made” her?
Quote Reply

Prev Next