Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s mind boggling that she’s still a congress member.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a serious problem with the Republican party that they have not kicked her out yet.

Here she is responding positively to someone claiming that Hillary Clinton filleting a child's face. A child's face.

Not to mention her believing the shooting at Stoneman Douglas was a false flag. Fucking kids were murdered and she thinks that he parents are lying about their children being murdered.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, late to the conversation, and this has nothing to do with anything, but I get a chuckle out of the fact that my Aunt's (My mother's only sister) name is Marjorie Green.

Sadly she no longer with us to tease about it.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
It is a serious problem with the Republican party that they have not kicked her out yet.

Here she is responding positively to someone claiming that Hillary Clinton filleting a child's face. A child's face.

Not to mention her believing the shooting at Stoneman Douglas was a false flag. Fucking kids were murdered and she thinks that he parents are lying about their children being murdered.

Hey, she’s just honestly speaking on behalf of her constituents! Why do you hate representative democracy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

What’s the problem? She’s just asking questions. Not saying it’s true, just putting it out there so people can mAke their own decisions.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

She also thinks Hog is a crisis actor and that Parkland and Sandy Hook were false flag operations.

We are supposed to listen and seek unity with this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:

She also thinks Hog is a crisis actor and that Parkland and Sandy Hook were false flag operations.

We are supposed to listen and seek unity with this?

Stop being so divisive. You should sit down and have a beer with her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

She is disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri2gohard wrote:

She is disgusting.

I watched that video for the first time this morning. It’s so appalling that she’s walking 10 feet behind him relentlessly making her insane claims and demanding answers from this high school kid who survived a mass shooting in his school. Her conduct is horrible. Her words are horrible. Her lack of decency is just outrageous.

It’s even crazier that she filmed the encounter herself and turns up the camera to speak to the audience. She’s not ashamed of herself. This is normal behavior in her world.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Tri2gohard wrote:

She is disgusting.

I watched that video for the first time this morning. It’s so appalling that she’s walking 10 feet behind him relentlessly making her insane claims and demanding answers from this high school kid who survived a mass shooting in his school. Her conduct is horrible. Her words are horrible. Her lack of decency is just outrageous.

It’s even crazier that she filmed the encounter herself and turns up the camera to speak to the audience. She’s not ashamed of herself. This is normal behavior in her world.

I'd take it one step further. She is not only not ashamed, she is proud of herself. She is a absolute piece of filth. But really, I'm sure if I just sat down and listened to her opinions it would all be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Same question re: this rocket surgeon:

Okay - I don’t agree with her politics- but she is textbook American Dream IMO.

She didn’t like what the government was doing. She actually researched what it takes to run for office and went back and got her GED and won a National election.

That’s pretty badass IMO.

Now I have no idea what the electors were thinking voting for her. But as a feminist- I think her path is pretty bad ass.

I hope others see her example and give it a go!

I respectfully disagree. I hope no one is inspired by Lauren Boebert.

I think it’s unfortunate that she got pregnant in high school and dropped out. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Her recovery from that setback isn’t particularly awesome. Getting a GED is nice, but she didn’t reach for the stars and get a 2-year or 4-year college degree. She missed out on the joy of learning and the satisfaction that comes from attaining a higher education. She doesn’t know how empowering it is to be fully educated or trained.

Katie Porter is a single mother of three, lawyer and member of Congress. She has her shit together. As a feminist, I’m super impressed with her.

Lauren Boebert has a history of multiple violations of the law. I think I read somewhere that her dad is a lawyer, so perhaps he helped her avoid any serious repercussions for her legal troubles.

I think it’s crazy that Boebert is in Congress ostensibly writing laws when she clearly cannot comply with the law and apparently doesn’t understand that laws protect the safety and welfare of all citizens. That might explain why she thinks it’s appropriate to bring her gun into the Capitol in violation of the law.

I’ve read that her restaurant served bad food and gave 80 people diarrhea. It’s not surprising that she doesn’t understand food safety and health code requirements. The chick just doesn’t know a lot.

The American Dream is starting with little and working hard to achieve goals. It’s being rewarded for hard work.

Boebert is an example of the Entitlement Dream. She’s unqualified but she’s blind to it. She doesn’t set a good example for anyone, much less young girls.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Tri2gohard wrote:

She is disgusting.

So normal she just got named to the House education committee.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marjorie Taylor Greene tried to force Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib to retake their oaths on a Bible in a resurfaced video
In the footage, Ms Greene claimed it was the ‘law’ for the representatives to use a Bible when taking their oaths
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-omar-tlaib-bible-b1793806.html

Quote:
There has never been a law in United States history that requires an elected official of the country to take the oath of office with a Bible or any other religious text. The United States Constitution actually states "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.” Why does the Constitution specifically say this? The Framers of the Constitution valued the separation of church versus state.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Tri2gohard wrote:

She is disgusting.

So normal she just got named to the House education committee.

This is why I continue to claim that it isn't just some cute little group of 1 in 10000 folks who think like this. It takes a lot more than that to route a person to being a representative, win an election, and continue their rise. You vet people. You make sure there are things that don't make them unelectable. Not only did enough people go "ahhh screw it" with that, enough people also voted and said "ahh fuck it", and now enough people everywhere at all levels are still going "ahh screw it".

You can't justify that it's "just a few in the GOP" when we keep seeing this over and over and over and over. School shooting deniers, Qanon, election fakers, folks pushing rapist parental rights. You connect all the dots on all those separate items to how much energy it takes to elect a national level representative..............................it encompasses a LOT more than "just a few in the GOP".

The adults used to run the GOP and kept this shit more in the closet and out of mainstream politics and representation. Somebody these days isn't just asleep at the wheel, they're gleefully high on meth and plowing forward. I literally pray that somebody at some point finally throws the stop sticks in the road and puts an end to the crazy train.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The crazy part is she keeps yapping about guards with guns and what not - and Parkland fucking had one! I guess that they should have supplied him with a couple of fully automatics. As a gun owner (and a father of a junior in HS), I am deeply offended by her behavior.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

The crazy part is she keeps yapping about guards with guns and what not - and Parkland fucking had one! I guess that they should have supplied him with a couple of fully automatics. As a gun owner (and a father of a junior in HS), I am deeply offended by her behavior.

I think she is just modeling her behavior after Trump's since it worked for him. I think we're going to see even more legislators acting like that - either because it is their true nature that they no longer need to hide, or because it is effective.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.cnn.com/...can-party/index.html

I'm afraid you're right...this crap may become the norm, sooner rather than later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

I think she is just modeling her behavior after Trump's since it worked for him. I think we're going to see even more legislators acting like that - either because it is their true nature that they no longer need to hide, or because it is effective.

Look at all the young Republican candidates, they are like Marjorie. That is where the next generation of GOP politicians are coming from. That is the future of the party.

I don't know if it is more accurate to say they are modeling themselves on trump or if trump himself was the model they created. What I mean is that trump is not an aberration or totally unique. He is the platonic ideal of a Republican candidate. He was the direction they were going anyway, the template was already there. So are they modeling themselves on trump or the template that already existed? Of course trump's success showed the template worked as a president, but the tea party had already showed that the template worked in other races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is both an idiot and batshit crazy. She believes in the most ridiculous conspiracy theories & unhinged internet rumors. There is debate about this.

What is most troubling is that the GOP is tolerating her. By not ejecting her, let alone censuring her, the GOP leadership is effectively saying, "Yup, this woman represents us and holds a valid viewpoint."

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/...can-party/index.html

I'm afraid you're right...this crap may become the norm, sooner rather than later.

The wife usually doesn't make strong statements about this stuff, despite having strong feelings about it.

The other day I questioned the mental state of a lot of these folks these days. Qanon, believing the election is fake, etc...... Not Republicans, not even necessarily Trump voters. Just the whole "believe and spread bullshit because you want to live in an alternate reality". She basically said "Don't you dare let those people off with the presumption they have a mental illness. That's a cop-out. We're just afraid of confronting the reality of the true character of many of these people."

She's right. We would always growing up label folks "a bit crazy". Like my grandmother, the super vocal racist. "She's just a bit crazy". The reality was we were too afraid or lazy to confront their character.

Given some of the recent trends in violent protest and rhetoric, I can't believe any longer it's "too afraid". It's boiling down to "too lazy".

And the separation by Covid has allowed a really rapid festering of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Georgia...about Marjorie [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, where do we start? It's an education question, it's a communication question too. But (and I know that isn't a popular idea) do we need to rethink what freedom of speech means in a world where all ideas, even the craziest that endanger others can be disseminated to easily, so fast, etc? How do we stop QAnon?

I know some here will jump on me for writing this comment above, but 20 years after a failed attempt to take down a plane with explosive in shoes, we are still removing our shoes...This QAnon stuff is far more dangerous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
How do we stop QAnon?

When we break bread with family we start breaking a few eggs and beating them so we get to the omelets. I think too long we've kept out mouths politely shut. You can't make omelets without first breaking the eggs, beating them, and using some fire on them in a pan.

If you've got the racist or conspiracy theorist in the family, it's time. I'm not talking on the internet, I'm talking at Easter lunch. Or Thanksgiving, whatever.

Don't leave friendships or relationships or family with an "Irish goodbye". It's time to make it apparent you're leaving the party because of poor character.

Also, if people are totally unappologetic..........I think cancel culture needs to catch fire and burn with the intensity of a smelter. I get the negative consequences of that, there will be innocent victims along the way. But acting/living like a lot of these people do without consequences has to stop. In the US the most immediate ways to get people's attention is their wallets. Turn off the spigot at their businesses or work.

At first I was a bit appalled at some of the cancel culture, as a lot of unfortunate victims of it were mostly highlighted. I'm starting to change my mind. At least give it a college try to get it right first, and give the chance of redemption. But in the case of people like Marjorie.........too late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marjorie Taylor Greene promoted a conspiracy theory that a space laser beam -- possibly fired by "Rothschild Inc" -- was used to intentionally start the deadly 2018 Camp Fire in California
https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/marjorie-taylor-greene-penned-conspiracy-theory-laser-beam-space-started-deadly-2018

Remember when the Republicans tried to cast the entire Democratic Party as anti-Semitic over Ilhan Omar’s comments that were critical of Israel? Crickets from the Republicans now on Greene’s crazy beliefs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spineless cowards still scared of the Donald. They can all go to hell for all I care.
Quote Reply

Prev Next