Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: “Cervelo S5 Fail” Your Thoughts [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Some of what Hambini spouts about that is wrong tho.
He quotes tolerances for the bearing installation. But then compares to the housing (= frame hole) tolerances.
He chose to forget the metal bearing 'cup' that the bearing actually fits into - which will 'absorb' a considerable amount of ovality in the frame hole without doing the same distortion to the bearing housing bore.
He's selectively mis-quoting figures.

Don't be so F***ing stupid. You can't absorb ovality. If it's oval then whatever you put into it will either become oval or the strength of whatever you put in it will make the oval into more of a round shape OR more than likely an in between point of the two.

HELLO HAMBINI FANS!!!
Quote Reply
Re: “Cervelo S5 Fail” Your Thoughts [hambini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Three opinions here:
1. People here calling Raoul a "troll" are out of line. He makes his living repairing carbon frames and components, he does not make his living on YouTube clicks. He has no conflict of interest in calling out Cervelo here.
2. The Cervelo design is dumb, period. You don't need to have an engineering degree to see that a design that stops travel on the fork by having a pointed metal piece impact an unprotected, thin CFRP wall is a really stupid idea. I have no idea why people here are defending this design.
3. Cervelo hardly has a sterling reputation when it comes to engineering. Talk to any mechanic. For similar reasons, I'll never buy a BMC.
Quote Reply
Re: “Cervelo S5 Fail” Your Thoughts [hambini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hambini wrote:
Don't be so F***ing stupid.

Ahh, truly the sign of a winning argument. When you can’t prevail with logic and facts, just yell and name-call.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Mar 11, 20 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: “Cervelo S5 Fail” Your Thoughts [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
hambini wrote:
Don't be so F***ing stupid.

Ahh, truly the sign of a winning argument. When you can’t prevail with logic and facts, just yell and name-call.

But but but he’s a engineer 😜
Quote Reply
Re: “Cervelo S5 Fail” Your Thoughts [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
Three opinions here:
1. People here calling Raoul a "troll" are out of line. He makes his living repairing carbon frames and components, he does not make his living on YouTube clicks. He has no conflict of interest in calling out Cervelo here.
2. The Cervelo design is dumb, period. You don't need to have an engineering degree to see that a design that stops travel on the fork by having a pointed metal piece impact an unprotected, thin CFRP wall is a really stupid idea. I have no idea why people here are defending this design.
3. Cervelo hardly has a sterling reputation when it comes to engineering. Talk to any mechanic. For similar reasons, I'll never buy a BMC.

1. Yes.
2. Yes, some triathletes love the Cervelo Kool Aid.
3. To be fair, can you point out instances where they have bad designs apart from this recent S5? Recalls due to manufacturing issues don’t count as that is a third party factory QC issue rather than a Cervelo engineering issue.
Quote Reply
Re: “Cervelo S5 Fail” Your Thoughts [benonlees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
benonlees wrote:

3. To be fair, can you point out instances where they have bad designs apart from this recent S5? Recalls due to manufacturing issues don’t count as that is a third party factory QC issue rather than a Cervelo engineering issue.

BBRight?

Note - I have been a Cervelo fan since their beginnings and have owned several, but I am now shopping for a new road bike and the S5 looks interesing but this design worries me and I will likely get something else because of that.
Last edited by: TurboX: Oct 19, 20 6:16
Quote Reply

Prev Next