Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Debate #1 thread [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
So what exactly has trump done that is been good in the past four years? Serious question.

Here is 1-

I like the wall

I said it

Flame me.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
BigDig wrote:
jharris wrote:

Biden calling Trump a name isnā€™t what anything is about. Both candidates suck. I can say that and still say Trump has my vote.

Can you say Biden sucks, but you will vote for him? Be honest.

Biden sucks. I can't remember a less inspiring Democratic Party candidate except maybe Dukakis. I am looking forward to voting for him.

I appreciate you being part of the discussion in forthcoming way. I can't be easy.

I see Trump as a threat to our country and no piece of policy is important enough for me to endorse a threat to our country.

This. Biden is, frankly, pretty mediocre, and that's being generous. He was terrible in the debate, but many still seem to think he won by default. But as you say, he is not the threat to the fabric of our society and our institutions that Trump is. It's not a contest.

Many, like me, disagree. We have nothing but threats, just of various kinds. Hillary was an entirely different kind of threat and because of that, I wanted nothing to do with her so Trump got my vote in 2016. I wasnā€™t a Trump lover, not am now. I voted for Trump then for many reasons people are voting Biden now.

We know who Trump is.... choose the devil you know it the devil you donā€™t know. Understand my concern isnā€™t as much with Biden as it is the surrounding people who I believe will sway him. I donā€™t think Biden is strong enough to fight the corruption in our government. Trump is a bully and when your lunch money is stolen enough, itā€™s better to befriend the bully. I donā€™t believe Harris and many known Radicals will stand back and let Boden do his thing.... whatever that is because I donā€™t really know. He sounds very political saying the right things- wear a mask til Han and save 100k lives. We can beat racism together, there is nothing we canā€™t do- together. It just sounds like a 47 year politician and I honestly canā€™t say I believe it.

I know the last 3 years wasnā€™t World War 3 as many expected and all the celebrities didnā€™t move out of the USA as they claimed.

Iā€™ll end with- yes, Trumps an ass.

Wait, youā€™re worried about corruption in government and so you prefer Trump?

And yes, Biden is right about masks. If 95% of the country wore masks when not able to fully socially distance, then an estimated 95,000 lives would be saved over the next three months, according to IHME.

See:
https://covid19.healthdata.org/...deaths&tab=trend

So here you are deriding something Biden says as ridiculous when heā€™s just quoting the experts. But yet you prefer Trump, whose actions have cost thousands of lives, and who lies through his teeth. Unreal, frankly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
ironclm wrote:
So what exactly has trump done that is been good in the past four years? Serious question.

Here is 1-

I like the wall

I said it

Flame me.

I can appreciate that you have a position on immigration even if I disagree with Trumpā€™s approach. Unfortunately only a few new miles of wall have actually been built. The majority of what Trump claims as ā€œwallā€ is actually repairs and fortifications to existing border fences and barriers. And Mexico definitely hasnā€™t paid for it. Major campaign promise unfulfilled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
ironclm wrote:

Here is 1-

I like the wall

I said it

Flame me.

Yes, but he hasnā€™t built a wall, and even if he had it would be an inefficient and ineffective use of money and resources. Heā€™s replaced some bits of old wall, and used DoD money to do it. And, by the way, the Democratic Party is not in favor of open borders, despite what you may have heard.

If you really want to give Trump credit on this issue, as Iā€™ve done in the past, itā€™s that he managed to persuade Mexico to better police its own southern border. You might even have been able to claim that Mexico paid for that too. But you missed the mark there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not gonna flame, but whatever small successes you see (and the wall is really, really small ;), you are willfully blind to the monumental failures of this presidency. Re-election campaigns are ALWAYS about the incumbent, and this one will go down in history.

Economics - worse than Hoover in 1932
Poor governance - worse than Johnson in 1868
Corruption - worse than Nixon in 1974
Ideological exhaustion - worse than Carter in 1980
Division - Buchanan in 1860 (okay, not worse, the Civil War ensued)
Incompetence - His COVID response is in a catastrophic class of it's own, but could be compared with the way Bush mishandled the Iraq War
Executive Overreach - Worse than Obama in 2012! (there, I said it ;).
Deficit - Also in a class of his own (comparison with Bush/Obama, but on steroids)

This are just a few of the low points. There are so many. He will rank with the very worst single-term presidents ever. Hats off to the many Republicans I know who oppose him with the goal of salvaging whatever is left of their party after Trumpism.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Oct 1, 20 16:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
BigDig wrote:
jharris wrote:

Biden calling Trump a name isnā€™t what anything is about. Both candidates suck. I can say that and still say Trump has my vote.

Biden sucks. I can't remember a less inspiring Democratic Party candidate except maybe Dukakis. I am looking forward to voting for him.

I appreciate you being part of the discussion in forthcoming way. I can't be easy.

I see Trump as a threat to our country and no piece of policy is important enough for me to endorse a threat to our country.

This. Biden is, frankly, pretty mediocre, and that's being generous. He was terrible in the debate, but many still seem to think he won by default. But as you say, he is not the threat to the fabric of our society and our institutions that Trump is. It's not a contest.

Many, like me, disagree. We have nothing but threats, just of various kinds. Hillary was an entirely different kind of threat and because of that, I wanted nothing to do with her so Trump got my vote in 2016. I wasnā€™t a Trump lover, not am now. I voted for Trump then for many reasons people are voting Biden now.

We know who Trump is.... choose the devil you know it the devil you donā€™t know. Understand my concern isnā€™t as much with Biden as it is the surrounding people who I believe will sway him. I donā€™t think Biden is strong enough to fight the corruption in our government. Trump is a bully and when your lunch money is stolen enough, itā€™s better to befriend the bully. I donā€™t believe Harris and many known Radicals will stand back and let Boden do his thing.... whatever that is because I donā€™t really know. He sounds very political saying the right things- wear a mask til Han and save 100k lives. We can beat racism together, there is nothing we canā€™t do- together. It just sounds like a 47 year politician and I honestly canā€™t say I believe it.

I know the last 3 years wasnā€™t World War 3 as many expected and all the celebrities didnā€™t move out of the USA as they claimed.

some people think a far greater threat to our country are things like generating a complete smear job against a SCJ nominee and a BS partisan impeachment process that costs this country months of focus and was so BS that less than a year later the people pushing it daily are too embarrassed to even mention it in their conventions or debates.

Not me, of course. I think they were both worthwhile uses of time and not at all a danger to the fabric of our society and institutions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Youā€™re brave to be in this forum taking your position. Youā€™ll get hammered nonstop and called every name in the book from this crowd. The very crowd who lambast Trump for attacking the opposition will attack you unabashedly. Ironic.

Iā€™m all in for Biden but Iā€™m a true ā€˜unaffiliatedā€™ voter. My best friend, who Iā€™ve been best buds with since I was 9yrs old, with whom I spend the most time other than my wife, is a Trump voter. Not a ā€˜Trumpster all in love with Trumpā€™ voter but more like you. We discuss the topic but heā€™s where he is and Iā€™m where I am. Doesnā€™t matter. Heā€™s still my best friend who would do anything for my wife and kids, and Iā€™m still The Godfather to his daughter. Doesnā€™t matter. We disagree.

Heā€™s well educated, ex military, works in the DoD world in a meaningful position and I love and respect him.

I wish the majority of this forum could just understand others disagree and there no need to vilify anyone who has an opposing view. (Theyā€™ll call it ā€˜interest in your positionā€™, but thatā€™s not heat they mean).

Anyway, I disagree with your choice but respect your decision either way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
jharris wrote:

I feel that the world has altered over time and much that is generally accepted today once wasnā€™t. Heck, in 1980 if someone had a tattoo they were judged. We would have chosen a Presidential candidate who was married and never divorced. Itā€™s just not the same world anymore.

Did you vote in 1980?

If not, did you read up on that election? Who was the winner? Was he ever divorced?

Like Grifter Twump, you just stated a falsehood.

I was too young to vote. Far too young then.

So, forgive me if my idea of ā€œfamily valuesā€ and character was a poor example. I just donā€™t believe that matters as much now. It may with the older voters. Hell, the 21 year olds think Biden quotes are Trump quotes and donā€™t know what the civil war is .... according to videos of random people on California beaches. I donā€™t think they vote today the same as people did in 1980. Thatā€™s my point. Sorry for the error if I made one.

Enjoy being young. "Jane Wyman was right" was a campaign button in the 80s referencing Reagan's first wife. But I completely agree about your point. Gary Hart is probably still shaking his head about what people have let Trump slide on, and maybe we think so little of all politicians that this is the new normal. I remember in 2016 when the "Locker Room talk" defense came up and they interviewed couples at a campaign stop. The wife would say the locker room defense about Trump and then the interviewer would ask her if her husband spoke like that in the locker room? The look from both parties was of complete shock from the insult. Sad we no longer expect to have political candidates as respectable as our friends and neighbors.

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:

some people think a far greater threat to our country are things like generating a complete smear job against a SCJ nominee and a BS partisan impeachment process that costs this country months of focus and was so BS that less than a year later the people pushing it daily are too embarrassed to even mention it in their conventions or debates.

Not me, of course. I think they were both worthwhile uses of time and not at all a danger to the fabric of our society and institutions.

I think the president breaking the law to extort a country to help the president personally and spread Russian propaganda is a danger to the country. But I guess you are cool with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
BigDig wrote:
jharris wrote:

And yes, Biden is right about masks. If 95% of the country wore masks when not able to fully socially distance, then an estimated 95,000 lives would be saved over the next three months, according to IHME.

See:

So here you are deriding something Biden says as ridiculous when heā€™s just quoting the experts. But yet you prefer Trump, whose actions have cost thousands of lives, and who lies through his teeth. Unreal, frankly.

I said I prefer to choose the devil I know, not the devil I donā€™t. I didnā€™t say Trump wasnā€™t corrupt as many of the politicians also are. I also didnā€™t say what Biden says was ridiculous, or untrue. I know the 100k lives by Jan is a prediction by experts. I fact checked it.

I just said he sounds like a politician, which he is- a 47 career politician. I just donā€™t get the feeling he is honest as people think.

This is MY opinion. Itā€™s not to be judged or argued, so donā€™t try. You know... how you meet someone for the first time and there is something about them that you just canā€™t figure out, but it bothers you. Thatā€™s the feeling I get. Again, donā€™t compare it to Trump or argue this at all. Itā€™s my opinion and Iā€™m sharing. That is all.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
jharris wrote:
ironclm wrote:

Here is 1-

I like the wall

I said it

Flame me.

Yes, but he hasnā€™t built a wall, and even if he had it would be an inefficient and ineffective use of money and resources. Heā€™s replaced some bits of old wall, and used DoD money to do it. And, by the way, the Democratic Party is not in favor of open borders, despite what you may have heard.

If you really want to give Trump credit on this issue, as Iā€™ve done in the past, itā€™s that he managed to persuade Mexico to better police its own southern border. You might even have been able to claim that Mexico paid for that too. But you missed the mark there.

I didnā€™t miss the mark when I didnā€™t claim anything.

Itā€™s a start... maybe that will appease you.

Donā€™t think Mexico didnā€™t pay. They donā€™t have to pay directly, but maybe the new trade deal is part of the way of getting some revenue.

https://www.cnn.com/...ent-trump/index.html
Last edited by: jharris: Oct 1, 20 17:40
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

I think the president breaking the law to extort a country to help the president personally and spread Russian propaganda is a danger to the country. But I guess you are cool with that.

Look into the Democrats and their involvement with Russia.

When there is BS on both sides for a given topic, I ignore that as a basis in decision making.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [BigDig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigDig wrote:
jharris wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
jharris wrote:

I feel that the world has altered over time and much that is generally accepted today once wasnā€™t. Heck, in 1980 if someone had a tattoo they were judged. We would have chosen a Presidential candidate who was married and never divorced. Itā€™s just not the same world anymore.

Did you vote in 1980?

If not, did you read up on that election? Who was the winner? Was he ever divorced?

Like Grifter Twump, you just stated a falsehood.

I was too young to vote. Far too young then.

So, forgive me if my idea of ā€œfamily valuesā€ and character was a poor example. I just donā€™t believe that matters as much now. It may with the older voters. Hell, the 21 year olds think Biden quotes are Trump quotes and donā€™t know what the civil war is .... according to videos of random people on California beaches. I donā€™t think they vote today the same as people did in 1980. Thatā€™s my point. Sorry for the error if I made one.

Enjoy being young. "Jane Wyman was right" was a campaign button in the 80s referencing Reagan's first wife. But I completely agree about your point. Gary Hart is probably still shaking his head about what people have let Trump slide on, and maybe we think so little of all politicians that this is the new normal. I remember in 2016 when the "Locker Room talk" defense came up and they interviewed couples at a campaign stop. The wife would say the locker room defense about Trump and then the interviewer would ask her if her husband spoke like that in the locker room? The look from both parties was of complete shock from the insult. Sad we no longer expect to have political candidates as respectable as our friends and neighbors.

I will admit, I let Trump slide on the locker room talk. I did the research. I heard the recordings. He spoke of some woman who wanted to go shopping for furniture and he took her shopping and how he was going at her hard... making a move... or something like that, as well as the grab em in the pussy comment. At the end of the day, itā€™s pitiful. Although, if anyone recorded everything I said when I thought it was private guy talk, Iā€™m sure it would also be taken pretty negatively. As most people who are not planning to go into politics. Only difference if you were going into politics, it would have been better hidden. Regardless, the stuff happens. I still canā€™t believe Bidenā€™s comment of poor kids just as bright kids, or something like that, didnā€™t hurt him as badly as Trumps locker room talk did.

Thx for the insight on The 80ā€™s campaign. Thatā€™s a pretty low blow. Geez.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Youā€™re brave to be in this forum taking your position. Youā€™ll get hammered nonstop and called every name in the book from this crowd. The very crowd who lambast Trump for attacking the opposition will attack you unabashedly. Ironic.

Iā€™m all in for Biden but Iā€™m a true ā€˜unaffiliatedā€™ voter. My best friend, who Iā€™ve been best buds with since I was 9yrs old, with whom I spend the most time other than my wife, is a Trump voter. Not a ā€˜Trumpster all in love with Trumpā€™ voter but more like you. We discuss the topic but heā€™s where he is and Iā€™m where I am. Doesnā€™t matter. Heā€™s still my best friend who would do anything for my wife and kids, and Iā€™m still The Godfather to his daughter. Doesnā€™t matter. We disagree.

Heā€™s well educated, ex military, works in the DoD world in a meaningful position and I love and respect him.

I wish the majority of this forum could just understand others disagree and there no need to vilify anyone who has an opposing view. (Theyā€™ll call it ā€˜interest in your positionā€™, but thatā€™s not heat they mean).

Thank you. You and your friend are similar to a friend and I. Sharing views should be healthy and a way to share differing information as we all collect our I formation from different places and differing perspectives. The Information shouldnā€™t be judged and ridiculed. It should be shared. Each person has the right to form an opinion from that Information.

I have a friend who now has his own medical practice. He hated Trump like nobody could. He said he is voting on health care policy and economy as he is choosing what is best for his business. Crazy that means he may go Trump and he hates the guy.

We will also be friends forever. Iā€™ve known him for over 30 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

God you are boring. I bet you are this boring in Real life too
Last edited by: Tylertri: Oct 1, 20 18:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

When there is BS on both sides for a given topic, I ignore that as a basis in decision making.

Their involvement? You are saying Russia hacking and leaking their emails, you think the Democrats wanted that?
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It's one thing to respect someone's view in politics. I am a member of the Conservative party of Canada but have a lot of respect for our Prime Minister and for people who support him.

However, asking people to respect those who support a man with the views that Trump holds is just not something I am prepared to do. If someone said I am Republican but will not support Trump because he has absolutely nothing in common with the Party, then they would get respect.

Supporting someone who has openly disparaged his own intelligence agency, soldiers, women, immigrants etc., and is vain, insecure, has no intellectual curiosity and exhibits every single personal characteristic in a man that I despise, is just not going to happen. That has nothing to do with being open minded, it means taking a stand that character in a President matters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

I mean, I am cool with being boring if it means caring about the country. But I guess that is just one of our many differences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
jharris wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

Their involvement? You are saying Russia hacking and leaking their emails, you think the Democrats wanted that?

I said that I ignore the topic when there is BS on both sides

So, Iā€™m not taking a stand regarding anything with Russia.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough. I wonā€™t disparage those who vote differently than I do. I have my reasons and I donā€™t believe the character of a voter reflects the politician for whom they vote. Lots of folks voted for Bill. That doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re womanizing douchebags whose wife attacks the women assaulted. They had their reasons for their vote that dismissed the teenage libido and the HRC aggressive attacks on the victims.

They had their reasons. Itā€™s more complex than Trumps character. Again, Iā€™m in for Biden/Kamala. I split my vote for Obama.

Iā€™m not willing to throw all whose vote opposite to me into a sewer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
chaparral wrote:
jharris wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

I said that I ignore the topic when there is BS on both sides

So, Iā€™m not taking a stand regarding anything with Russia.

So you just pretend their is not objective reality? Seriously?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
ironclm wrote:

Here is 1-

I like the wall

I said it

Flame me.

Heā€™s built 5 whole miles of new wall. And Mexico hasnā€™t paid for a cent of it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
jharris wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
BigDig wrote:
jharris wrote:

See:

I said I prefer to choose the devil I know, not the devil I donā€™t. I didnā€™t say Trump wasnā€™t corrupt as many of the politicians also are. I also didnā€™t say what Biden says was ridiculous, or untrue. I know the 100k lives by Jan is a prediction by experts. I fact checked it.

I just said he sounds like a politician, which he is- a 47 career politician. I just donā€™t get the feeling he is honest as people think.

This is MY opinion. Itā€™s not to be judged or argued, so donā€™t try. You know... how you meet someone for the first time and there is something about them that you just canā€™t figure out, but it bothers you. Thatā€™s the feeling I get. Again, donā€™t compare it to Trump or argue this at all. Itā€™s my opinion and Iā€™m sharing. That is all.

Honestly I'm glad you're sharing your views, because so many Trump supporters refuse to do so in any calm, rational way, and contrary to JD21's prediction I don't see anyone calling you names (yet!).

But just to come back to Biden and masks. You agree that what he said was the opinion of experts, and if they are right, it would save about 100,000 American lives, and yet you think he's being "political" by passing on that information?!

In contrast, Trump knew in January that COVID was a dangerous virus that could spread via airborne particles, but yet didn't share that with the public and instead said there was nothing to worry about. Also, recall in March Trump admitted on camera that he didn't want the cruise ship with COVID patients to dock at a US port because it would push the US numbers up, and that would make him look bad. There was also a White House directive in February that those in the West Wing should not put on the masks they had been sent because "it would not be a good look."

So, to recap, Trump has willing and knowingly risked American lives for his political benefit (and still does so with his rallies, ensuring he's socially distanced but not requiring his supporters to wear masks or keep apart), while Biden is doing something he believes will save lives, and you think BIDEN is the one being political?!! Holy shit. I mean, really think about what you're saying for a moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

I mean, I am cool with being boring if it means caring about the country. But I guess that is just one of our many differences.

A grateful nation thanks you for all your efforts here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

A grateful nation thanks you for all your efforts here.

So all the respected career professionals who testified in the impeachment investigation were lying, as was Sondland who was a Trump groupie for a while before realizing he'd better not lie under oath and go down like Michael Cohen?

You probably believe everything that comes out of Devin Nunes' mouth too.

The saddest part of that whole thing was watching Republicans in congress lie shamelessly for Trump and their own political careers. All apart from Mitt Romney, who was the only one with a spine.

You're going to realize one day how much you were on the wrong side of history. I wonder if you'll ever admit it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next