Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Debate #1 thread [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
You would think condemning white supremacists would be easy, but trump apparently can't do that.

Hmm, it is almost like he is a bigot that supports them.
He said stand down and then “be ready” or some crap. Holy F! How hard was that to answer ?!? Trump could have taken MUCH better quips if he had a brain. I mean, how could he not just say “I want everyone to vote! I want all voices heard, but I want to reduce the chance of fraud by not using the mail system. And Joe if your supporters can riot in groups, then they shouldn’t have a problem with groups at the polls in person.” But NOOOOOO. HE WAS GARBAGE. What an embarrassment. What a disgrace. What a piece of flaming shit! Wow. WOW!
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Wow.. that last Question and answer's was SCARY..

Synopsis? I turned it off as Wallace was asking his question.

Trump basically saying he won’t accept the election results and wouldn’t say that people shouldn’t riot or be violent.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mary Bruce: (paraphrased)

“Normally calling the president a clown, the worst president ever, and to shut up would be crossing the line, but I think tonight that showed Joe Biden could keep his cool and rise above.”

Wait what? This is why I hate reporters.

For the record, I really wish Biden would have simply bit his tongue during those moments.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
You would think condemning white supremacists would be easy, but trump apparently can't do that.

He said stand down and then “be ready” or some crap. Holy F! How hard was that to answer ?!? Trump could have taken MUCH better quips if he had a brain. I mean, how could he not just say “I want everyone to vote! I want all voices heard, but I want to reduce the chance of fraud by not using the mail system. And Joe if your supporters can riot in groups, then they shouldn’t have a problem with groups at the polls in person.” But NOOOOOO. HE WAS GARBAGE. What an embarrassment. What a disgrace. What a piece of flaming shit! Wow. WOW!

He literally told white supremacists to “stand back and stand by.”

They surely heard that loud and clear. That will be on t-shirts by tomorrow. That was a huge boost to the Proud Boys, the Klan, etc. They are literally high-fiving right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:

For the record, I really wish Biden would have simply bit his tongue during those moments.
This. If he just went silent and smirked and pointed at Trump and his tantrums, he DOMINATES moving forward. The high road will win him the middle BIG time. Trump slits his own throat.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Trump basically saying he won’t accept the election results and wouldn’t say that people shouldn’t riot or be violent.

Thats not what he said. He said if its a fair election then yes, but if theres 10s of thousands of fraudulent ballots then hes not ok with that. No clue what that entails, but thats actually what he said, not that hes not accepting the result.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

was that before or after Joe Biden said his Green New Deal would pay for itself?
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When Rove calls it a toss up and Santorum says Trump overdid it, it can't be a good night for their side.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Culley22 wrote:
chaparral wrote:

They surely heard that loud and clear. That will be on t-shirts by tomorrow. That was a huge boost to the Proud Boys, the Klan, etc. They are literally high-fiving right now.
Seriously, I was aghast. I can NOT believe he said that! And you’re right, they heard it loud and clear. Disgusting!
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
windywave wrote:

I don't want either.

Ha, that makes two of us - and likely many others in this thread.

Only one of them can at least ACT Presidential.

Wallace?

Three poi.. Crap. Trump interrupted me too.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
Yeeper wrote:

This. If he just went silent and smirked and pointed at Trump and his tantrums, he DOMINATES moving forward. The high road will win him the middle BIG time. Trump slits his own throat.

Bingo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Culley22 wrote:
chaparral wrote:

And guess what, the white supremacists are taking it as support:

Do we need to point out again the huge support trump has among white supremacists? Or do we just take that for granted now?
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What were the lows?

While Biden is talking about his dead son who served in Iraq, Trump disparaging Biden’s other son for being a drug addict.

Trump telling white supremacists to stand back and stand by. He refused to condemn white supremacy.

Nothing good happens in Philadelphia.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Biden won. All he had to do was show up be reasonably on point. Which he did. Trump makes personal attacks on Biden's kids just very lame. Trump couldn't stop interrupting. Dumb statements about 47 years you did nothing about Biden etc. Biden could just park it at this point.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

was that before or after Joe Biden said his Green New Deal would pay for itself?

Makes sense, not addressing climate change is going to cost an astronomical amount. You have any idea how much a sea wall around New York would cost, let alone other cities?
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
When Rove calls it a toss up and Santorum says Trump overdid it, it can't be a good night for their side.

Just insane that people call CNN left biased, when they employee Rick Santorum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
What were the lows?

While Biden is talking about his dead son who served in Iraq, Trump disparaging Biden’s other son for being a drug addict.

Trump telling white supremacists to stand back and stand by. He refused to condemn white supremacy.

Nothing good happens in Philadelphia.

What do you mean?
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
Biden won. All he had to do was show up be reasonably on point. Which he did. Trump makes personal attacks on Biden's kids just very lame. Trump couldn't stop interrupting. Dumb statements about 47 years you did nothing about Biden etc. Biden could just park it at this point.

Biden was acceptable in an impossible mudfest, which means he won.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
spockwaslen wrote:

Biden was acceptable in an impossible mudfest, which means he won.

Also, if nobody is changing their minds based on this debate, the person with a large lead clearly won.

Also, one of them did not condemn white supremacists (instead supported them). So I think we can all agree who lost, I meant that hopefully, we know some people will not see that as a bad thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #1 thread [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Not gonna lie I thought Trump made some sense on his climate change message. CA forest management and car regulations/cost of vehicles.

Trump's idea of CA forest management is absolute bullshit.

https://weatherwest.com/archives/7550
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Keep up the good fight. Some people take the easy way out. Not you by gum. But you are doing yeoman's work. Not very persuasively mind you. But you are still standing in the breach.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh good lord, the CNN fact checker is on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Keep up the good fight. Some people take the easy way out. Not you by gum. But you are doing yeoman's work. Not very persuasively mind you. But you are still standing in the breach.

Forlorn hope?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Harris is going to do so well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Biden missed a big opportunity right there. He could have said, well it is more likely to pay for itself than Mexico paying for the wall.
Quote Reply

Prev Next