Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
jmh wrote:
Deflect, ignore and no substance. Typical lawyer shit.

This is about the GOP Party in your state pulling a pathetic and desperate move to get a guy who isn't even in their party on the ballot in the hopes of helping the election chances of a historically bad candidate from their party. You know it is and you know you can't defend it. If you could have, you would have by now.

But once again, you fail to address the issue. Pathetic.

The worst part is the racism being used to try and sway the election. They chose Kanye for one reason and one reason only. They are hoping black voters go to Kanye instead of Joe. That’s disgusting.

Dude Kanye put himself into the race. Granted it was to boost the ratings of his show but intellectually you can't complain about it if you truly want open elections. Maybe being in Chicago with perpetual candidates and crazy platforms makes me a bit more accepting.

what I find even more amazing is that posters like Chapparal are actually concerned enough that Kayne put himself in the race to address it. I guess that's how concerned he is about his actual candidate for President's chances against, by his own definition, the worst President and possibly person, ever.

This is hilarious. They are going to do it again.....
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

So do you think Hilary lost Wisconsin because she didn't go there?
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
jmh wrote:

This is about the GOP Party in your state pulling a pathetic and desperate move to get a guy who isn't even in their party on the ballot in the hopes of helping the election chances of a historically bad candidate from their party. You know it is and you know you can't defend it. If you could have, you would have by now.

Deflect the obvious reason for your dislike of Kayne (and your QB). Typical Cowboys fan.

Imma let you finish making a jackass of yourself. Keep up the fine work.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

yes

if Biden loses WI do you think it will be because Kayne is on the ballot?
Last edited by: Tylertri: Aug 6, 20 19:53
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Slowman wrote:
907Tri wrote:
I lived in Wisconsin in 2016. I wasn't a Hillary fan but definitely didn't want Trump.

After she lost the primary I figured when she came to visit I would go and see what she offered. She never came, I never voted for her.

I really disliked her attitude and I felt she didn't need my vote and thought she would win.

I regret it, but I know I am not the only one that thought this way.

Seriously dems, don't F this up.

can i offer another option? you were presented a binary choice. you had ample opportunity to make up your mind. you choose poorly. own what you did. don't repeat your mistake. don't blame it on somebody else.

Yeah this is what frustrates me with people injecting their opinions on my choices.

Yes I did own and and mentioned I regret it.

I am not blaming it on someone else, but neither candidate earned my vote. We all choose for who we vote for differently.

If there is one thing I have learned over the past 4 years and moving to a very red state it is this.

Many people voted for Trump for a myriad of reasons, but what keeps coming up the most is many felt they could relate to Trump and that he put Americans first. It was similar to Obama and his message of Hope if 2008.

I have seen a much different world since 2016 and many people really identify with Trump and his personality that no other politician ever has. He doesn't speak well, but people don't want great speakers, they want someone that can talk at their level. Say what you want about Trump but that is why so many absolutely love him.

For me I couldn't identify, relate, or trust either candidate. In 2016 you were not getting my vote as the lesser of the two evils, you earn my vote because I am paying you.

I’ll give a story and then relate it to Trump. I met an old guy that owned a body shop when I wanted to paint my car. I was learning and didn’t really know what to do. He let me paint my car at his shop on weekends. I didn’t understand why he was nice to offer the shop to me because he was an asshole. He would scream and swear at me and talk shit. Some of the stuff he would say was just nuts. Others that would do business with him hated talking to him. Then, over the weeks, I got to know him. He put on a big front. He was the nicest guy ever. Especially when I took his advice on painting and when I got pretty darn good, I earned his respect.

So, then there is Trump. Point of the story is, you can’t change the guy. He speaks the way he does and often times with his back door, or frankly front door, brags. At the end of the day, it is what it is. Ignore all of that and just accept it. Then, look at everything else. I think the guy is a patriot first. Google his list of accomplishments whiled president. . It’s pretty impressive considering the guy was being impeached for 3.5 years. I’m currently looking at presidents wealth before taking office and after. So far, everyone came out wealthy. Not Trump, from what I read. I truly think the guy may be a lot of things, but I don’t think he is the political criminal many seem to be.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
907Tri wrote:
Slowman wrote:
907Tri wrote:
I lived in Wisconsin in 2016. I wasn't a Hillary fan but definitely didn't want Trump.

After she lost the primary I figured when she came to visit I would go and see what she offered. She never came, I never voted for her.

I really disliked her attitude and I felt she didn't need my vote and thought she would win.

can i offer another option? you were presented a binary choice. you had ample opportunity to make up your mind. you choose poorly. own what you did. don't repeat your mistake. don't blame it on somebody else.

Yeah this is what frustrates me with people injecting their opinions on my choices.

I am not blaming it on someone else, but neither candidate earned my vote. We all choose for who we vote for differently.

If there is one thing I have learned over the past 4 years and moving to a very red state it is this.

Many people voted for Trump for a myriad of reasons, but what keeps coming up the most is many felt they could relate to Trump and that he put Americans first. It was similar to Obama and his message of Hope if 2008.

I have seen a much different world since 2016 and many people really identify with Trump and his personality that no other politician ever has. He doesn't speak well, but people don't want great speakers, they want someone that can talk at their level. Say what you want about Trump but that is why so many absolutely love him.

For me I couldn't identify, relate, or trust either candidate. In 2016 you were not getting my vote as the lesser of the two evils, you earn my vote because I am paying you.

hillary earned your vote. she earned it because she was smart, qualified, effective. in everything she did, she was pretty effective. you chose not to vote for her because you didn't like her. okay. but what i keep hearing about trump supporters is that they aren't voting for pastor, father, husband. you tell me why trump is given the pass on everything that should speak volumes, but hillary is held to some standard that is unattainable.

democrats didn't blow it, my friend. foolish voters blew it. there's a thread on hillary right now. what would be different in america if hillary was elected? we'd have 20,000 coronavirus deaths instead of 160,000. NATO would be our ally, and russia our adversary. we wouldn't have a trade war. or a president whose words have become irrelevant because the whole world has awoken to the fact that what our president says carries exactly zero weight.

but if hillary were elected, you would be uninspired by your leader. hillary did not inspire you. so you chose another option, and you got what you chose, and you're now asking democrats not to blow it again? this is like having a spouse that you got a little too used to, and you strayed, you wanted a little strange, and you certainly got strange, and you saw the consequences of strange, and now you're asking your spouse to not blow it again. okay.

Holy shit. We’d have 20,000 deaths instead of 160,000? This has to be the most ignorant statement you’ve ever made. Actually, this might be the most ignorant statement ever made on Slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

yes

So why did she lose Penn, Ohio and Florida, the States she visited the most? I’ve heard about 20 reasons why she lost Wisconsin and did poorly in the rust belt, but never because she didn’t visit. I think she lost because politicians ignored the manufacturing jobs, people wanted a change, the Clinton name was toxic and people were tired of them.

If you’re saying she lost because she didn’t make a Presidential stop in Milwaukee, where the massive campaign disrupts the entire City, at a time people were disillusioned about the status quo and long-term politicians, then you are simply trying to justify your vote for Trump and that you were fooled buy a con man. I would be embarrassed too but better to just move on and not make excuses.

If Biden loses Wisconsin, it’s because Wisconsin voters are Republican and wouldn’t vote for a Democrat to save their lives, exactly the same reason Clinton lost.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Aug 7, 20 4:17
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Holy shit. We’d have 20,000 deaths instead of 160,000? This has to be the most ignorant statement you’ve ever made.

I think Hillary would have handled this better than Trump, but considering 7 of the top 10 states for covid deaths have democratic governors (including the top 3), I don't see how she would have changed the death count by much.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
jmh wrote:

The worst part is the racism being used to try and sway the election. They chose Kanye for one reason and one reason only. They are hoping black voters go to Kanye instead of Joe. That’s disgusting.

Dude Kanye put himself into the race. Granted it was to boost the ratings of his show but intellectually you can't complain about it if you truly want open elections. Maybe being in Chicago with perpetual candidates and crazy platforms makes me a bit more accepting.

Who did the work to put him on the ballot? He didn't do the leg work, he didn't go out and get signatures, it was a Republican who already had a candidate on the ticket. Saying he was running for President does not put him into the race. Taking steps to get on ballots, campaigning, trying to convey a platform message, that's putting yourself into the race.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
windywave wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
jmh wrote:

Who did the work to put him on the ballot? He didn't do the leg work, he didn't go out and get signatures, it was a Republican who already had a candidate on the ticket. Saying he was running for President does not put him into the race. Taking steps to get on ballots, campaigning, trying to convey a platform message, that's putting yourself into the race.

What's your point? Seriously. Come here for an election cycle and see the shenanigans here and see if your faux outrage persists.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Slowman wrote:
JSA wrote:
Team Donkey. Hope your guys don't blow it ... again ...

that's really what you hope? your posting history convinces me otherwise.

Don't worry, I haven't changed my position. 1) Biden is the milquetoast kinda POTUS the country needs for a spell. 2) I fully intend to vote for him.

But, your team really seems to be trying to fuck it up! Again!

my team? you must mean team mule. i'm not a democrat, never have been. but a mule is a half-democrat. so, maybe you were right all along when you up that image of a mule.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Slowman wrote:
907Tri wrote:
Slowman wrote:
907Tri wrote:

hillary earned your vote. she earned it because she was smart, qualified, effective. in everything she did, she was pretty effective. you chose not to vote for her because you didn't like her. okay. but what i keep hearing about trump supporters is that they aren't voting for pastor, father, husband. you tell me why trump is given the pass on everything that should speak volumes, but hillary is held to some standard that is unattainable.

democrats didn't blow it, my friend. foolish voters blew it. there's a thread on hillary right now. what would be different in america if hillary was elected? we'd have 20,000 coronavirus deaths instead of 160,000. NATO would be our ally, and russia our adversary. we wouldn't have a trade war. or a president whose words have become irrelevant because the whole world has awoken to the fact that what our president says carries exactly zero weight.

but if hillary were elected, you would be uninspired by your leader. hillary did not inspire you. so you chose another option, and you got what you chose, and you're now asking democrats not to blow it again? this is like having a spouse that you got a little too used to, and you strayed, you wanted a little strange, and you certainly got strange, and you saw the consequences of strange, and now you're asking your spouse to not blow it again. okay.

Holy shit. We’d have 20,000 deaths instead of 160,000? This has to be the most ignorant statement you’ve ever made. Actually, this might be the most ignorant statement ever made on Slowtwitch.

your comment lacks generosity of spirit, as has been the case recently from you, has it not? it may well be that you're getting hit at a bad time. this pandemic is very hard on a lot of people, and if this includes you, you have my sympathy.

and you may be right. maybe the number is wildly off. maybe it's 120,000, or 40,000, or 75,000. or 15,000. i don't know. all i know is, when this thing first popped up in NY, the federal govt would have been an ally to NY rather than its adversary. we would be leading the world in our pandemic response, rather than trailing it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

yes

So why did she lose Penn, Ohio and Florida, the States she visited the most? I’ve heard about 20 reasons why she lost Wisconsin and did poorly in the rust belt, but never because she didn’t visit. I think she lost because politicians ignored the manufacturing jobs, people wanted a change, the Clinton name was toxic and people were tired of them.

If you’re saying she lost because she didn’t make a Presidential stop in Milwaukee, where the massive campaign disrupts the entire City, at a time people were disillusioned about the status quo and long-term politicians, then you are simply trying to justify your vote for Trump and that you were fooled buy a con man. I would be embarrassed too but better to just move on and not make excuses.

If Biden loses Wisconsin, it’s because Wisconsin voters are Republican and wouldn’t vote for a Democrat to save their lives, exactly the same reason Clinton lost.

If you have never heard that the reason she lost WI is that she never visited, given your presence on ST in the last 4 years, then I have to ask whether we can question your cognitive dissonance (like we cant Bidens)

Nice try. I didn't vote for Trump. In part because I felt it was a lost cause in WI since Hillary was going to win. Like a Dem has won in every Presidential election in WI since 1984. What I underestimated was the sheer lack of support Hillary had from the Dem side due in large part to the fact that she just assumed WI was in the bag and never showed up to generate any voter enthusiasm. She took WI for granted and chose to focus on the other states you mentioned. As a result she lost WI. You can argue the reasoning if you want but 32 years of Dem presidential candidates carrying the state argues against you. She lost the other states she spent so much time in because she is a loser toxic candidate that the Dems were foolish to run.

My wife has voted Dem in every election of her adult life, including for Hillary in 2016. She may very well sit out this November in WI especially if the Dem governor closes schools this fall. So, just following your logic if Biden doesn't win WI does this make her a Republican??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
If you have never heard that the reason she lost WI is that she never visited, given your presence on ST in the last 4 years, then I have to ask whether we can question your cognitive dissonance (like we cant Bidens)

point of order here, sport. what i wrote is that you can't just rely on unfounded accusations of dementia, for either presidential candidate. if you have some sort of non-conspiracy-theory evidence of dementia for either, you may post it, with your citation from a reputable source.

why did i make this rule? because operatives and propagandists made hillary's health an issue in the last election through the release and dissemination of what turned out to be false medical records. i expect the very same thing to occur with biden. perish the thought that some member of our community might take propaganda from their morning in-box dumps and display it here!

we are simply a little in front of facebook and twitter, friend. i'm sure there's someplace that will accept your fake medical claims. maybe facebook will take them for a while longer. no can do here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

I’ll give a story and then relate it to Trump. I met an old guy that owned a body shop when I wanted to paint my car. I was learning and didn’t really know what to do. He let me paint my car at his shop on weekends. I didn’t understand why he was nice to offer the shop to me because he was an asshole. He would scream and swear at me and talk shit. Some of the stuff he would say was just nuts. Others that would do business with him hated talking to him. Then, over the weeks, I got to know him. He put on a big front. He was the nicest guy ever. Especially when I took his advice on painting and when I got pretty darn good, I earned his respect.

So, then there is Trump. Point of the story is, you can’t change the guy. He speaks the way he does and often times with his back door, or frankly front door, brags. At the end of the day, it is what it is. Ignore all of that and just accept it. Then, look at everything else. I think the guy is a patriot first. Google his list of accomplishments whiled president. . It’s pretty impressive considering the guy was being impeached for 3.5 years. I’m currently looking at presidents wealth before taking office and after. So far, everyone came out wealthy. Not Trump, from what I read. I truly think the guy may be a lot of things, but I don’t think he is the political criminal many seem to be.

I have read this three times now trying to make some sense of it. I have failed all three times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

point of order here, sport. what i wrote is that you can't just rely on unfounded accusations of dementia, for either presidential candidate. if you have some sort of non-conspiracy-theory evidence of dementia for either, you may post it, with your citation from a reputable source.

why did i make this rule? because operatives and propagandists made hillary's health an issue in the last election through the release and dissemination of what turned out to be false medical records. i expect the very same thing to occur with biden. perish the thought that some member of our community might take propaganda from their morning in-box dumps and display it here!

we are simply a little in front of facebook and twitter, friend. i'm sure there's someplace that will accept your fake medical claims. maybe facebook will take them for a while longer. no can do here.

thanks Slowman. It was meant to be a joke. I'm sorry if it didn't come across that way.

I am not here to question Biden's mental acuity. Now, Sanuk's, if he hasn't ever heard the theory of HC losing WI because she never showed..... that one I think I can come up with some citation's from JSA...….. whether that's reputable or not is open for debate

(disclaimer. all of the above was meant to be in jest).
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
jharris wrote:

I have read this three times now trying to make some sense of it. I have failed all three times.

Let me try to interpret...

————

You can’t judge a book by its cover.
Trump uses juvenile language, but some people relate to it and like him “telling it like it is”
Despite his rough edges (and apparent self-serving efforts), Trump is, at heart, a patriot and wants what’s best for the nation
Most presidents come out of office better off financially than when they entered, but Trump is worse off financially
If you Google “Trump accomplishments” you will be impressed

————

I would love to see some evidence of the above assertions.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
g_lev wrote:
jharris wrote:

Let me try to interpret...

————

You can’t judge a book by its cover.
Trump uses juvenile language, but some people relate to it and like him “telling it like it is”
Despite his rough edges (and apparent self-serving efforts), Trump is, at heart, a patriot and wants what’s best for the nation
Most presidents come out of office better off financially than when they entered, but Trump is worse off financially
If you Google “Trump accomplishments” you will be impressed

————

I would love to see some evidence of the above assertions.

I think you have been listening to too many of Trump's speeches if you were able to interpret that rambling and incoherent pile of words into anything that made logical sense ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

no problem. i felt this was a good opportunity just to reiterate this. some have taken great umbrage to this rule; one longtime forum denizen leaving in protest over it. however, anyone who takes violent exception to this rule is, i reckon, somebody who intended to deploy that very tactic, and i'd rather have that person gone than here anyway.

if we can't talk this election out as humans - regardless of politican bent - then our problems are much bigger problems than my ineffectual moderation.

as to sanuk, you may spread propaganda about his mental acuity, or mine, all you want. one hundred minus seven is ninety-two. er, ninety-five. somewhere in there.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

if only there were a way to test this hypothesis... le sigh.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

no problem. i felt this was a good opportunity just to reiterate this. some have taken great umbrage to this rule; one longtime forum denizen leaving in protest over it. however, anyone who takes violent exception to this rule is, i reckon, somebody who intended to deploy that very tactic, and i'd rather have that person gone than here anyway.

if we can't talk this election out as humans - regardless of politican bent - then our problems are much bigger problems than my ineffectual moderation.

as to sanuk, you may spread propaganda about his mental acuity, or mine, all you want. one hundred minus seven is ninety-two. er, ninety-five. somewhere in there.

Saw this rule and wanted to know if a person's personal opinion on Biden's mental fitness is fair game based upon one's own experience and what they see with their very own eyes on the TV screen. I don't think it takes a psychologist or neurologist to let someone know when a person may be having cognitive difficulties. Anyone that has seen it before has some type of idea of what is going on. I had a grandmother with confirmed dementia and signs are not hard to see.

With Biden, we can see him on TV, the way he talks, the way his eyes look and the way he stumbles in speech and it gives us an idea of his cognitive ability, like it would anyone else we see during the day. Are opinions in that realm off limits?

I am voting for the guy even if they come out with a report he has full blown dementia and can't recall his name when he is alone, but that because of the situation we are in. I don't think it's unreasonable to question his and trumps cognitive state based upon what we see of them in public.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

considering my general mental acuity these days it was simply meant as a preemptive strike before my afternoon nap......
Last edited by: Tylertri: Aug 7, 20 9:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

yes

I have to ask whether we can question your cognitive dissonance (like we cant Bidens)

He already said yes (although I can't find the thread)
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

Saw this rule and wanted to know if a person's personal opinion on Biden's mental fitness is fair game based upon one's own experience and what they see with their very own eyes on the TV screen. I don't think it takes a psychologist or neurologist to let someone know when a person may be having cognitive difficulties. Anyone that has seen it before has some type of idea of what is going on. I had a grandmother with confirmed dementia and signs are not hard to see.

With Biden, we can see him on TV, the way he talks, the way his eyes look and the way he stumbles in speech and it gives us an idea of his cognitive ability, like it would anyone else we see during the day. Are opinions in that realm off limits?

I am voting for the guy even if they come out with a report he has full blown dementia and can't recall his name when he is alone, but that because of the situation we are in. I don't think it's unreasonable to question his and trumps cognitive state based upon what we see of them in public.

i actually do think it takes a psychologist or neurologist to know. i'd like to know whether the outward expression to which you point is a degradation in cognitive abilities or motor skills. because, if you want to claim that biden's motor skills are not what they were 20 years ago, i have no problem with that. if you want to make a claim beyond that, i'd like to know what you're basing it on.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
SDG wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

i actually do think it takes a psychologist or neurologist to know. i'd like to know whether the outward expression to which you point is a degradation in cognitive abilities or motor skills. because, if you want to claim that biden's motor skills are not what they were 20 years ago, i have no problem with that. if you want to make a claim beyond that, i'd like to know what you're basing it on.

not that I want to wade back into this subject (as I already have my daily quota or "sport" and "friend" references), but.....

I think if you want to chalk things up to a decline in motor skills that's fine. As long as those who want to dismiss it as simply a continuance of his life long stuttering problem are held to the same standard. Because what is happening with him now is not what was happening to him 20 years ago as it relates to his life long stuttering issue.

just my opinion.
Quote Reply

Prev Next