Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BarryP wrote:
I'm not doing the math for you again. You've been provided the information. You either aren't willing to understand, or are unable to understand.

I’ll do the math, the man is right.

Let’s say she found time to visit Wisconsin and that was enough to get her the state.

Trump now only has 294 electoral college votes while Hillary has 237. See? She clearly screwed up.

This is the way to justify another vote for Trump. It's the Dems fault they nominated Trump and pushed for his election.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
If Biden loses WI with zero visits and consequently the White House every Democratic strategist in the country should be fired and then tarred and feathered before being drawn and quartered and their heads placed on a pike.

If Trump wins again then all of Wisconsin should be fired and then tarred and feathered before being drawn and quartered. I'll give them a pass on the pike on the head because there is obvioiusly nothing in there. .

Let me know when you can elect your head of state ...mmmm 'mkay?

I dunno man, it's not like we are doing all that great with our currently elected head of state...
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Hillary "ignoring" Wisconsin is such a dumb thing to say.

First, she focused the last couple weeks on Pennsylvania and Florida, because she had to win one of those. Which was 100% correct, who cares if she wins Wisconsin is she loses Pennsylvania and Florida.

Second, the demographics that slid to trump in Wisconsin were the same as what happened in Pennsylvania. So the evidence we have says campaigning in person would not have made the difference required. Plus who cares if she wins Wisconsin if she loses Pennsylvania and Florida.

Also, Biden has spent way more in advertising in already in Wisconsin than Clinton did in the whole campaign.

LOL! Hillary completely ignored Wisconsin and every strategist blasted her for it.

Man, you Donkeys are really dumb.

just remember, if you're going to talk about donkeys, you need to know what a donkey is. in one of your GIF storms you posted what you thought was a donkey...

and then you proceeded to argue with me over whether it was a donkey or a mule. you could have looked at the name of your own file: mule-bridle-racer.

so, to be clear:

the people you love to hate are represented by the BOTTOM image, among the two just above. not the TOP image. know thine enemy. carry on...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one is an ass?

Just curious for no reason related to this thread whatsoever.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a swing state, that she was sure she would win.

She never visited.

And she didn't win it.

You are losing this argument.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Which one is an ass?

Just curious for no reason related to this thread whatsoever.

The lawyer from WI.

Next question.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
I lived in Wisconsin in 2016. I wasn't a Hillary fan but definitely didn't want Trump.

After she lost the primary I figured when she came to visit I would go and see what she offered. She never came, I never voted for her.

I really disliked her attitude and I felt she didn't need my vote and thought she would win.

I regret it, but I know I am not the only one that thought this way.

Seriously dems, don't F this up.

+1, same for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look, I understand having to heavily modify the DNC Convention. But, Biden just announced he will not travel in person to Milwaukee to accept the nomination. There has been a lot of chatter by my Donkey friends and my Donkey Operative friends pointing out that Biden has not been here and plans absolutely no visits. The WI DNC has been promising a lot of money for Milwaukee due to this convention, which is now not going to happen. They are now scrambling to rally the troops who were looking forward to this "party."

People are ridiculously fickle. If Biden thinks he can ignore Wisconsin, well, maybe he is right. But, history does not support that position and, to be honest, I cannot figure out why he seems to be flirting with attempts to snatch defeat from the hands of victory....

You're assuming that Clinton's visits to Wisconsin would have helped her.

In 2016, the most visited States by Clinton were Penn, Ohio and Florida and she lost each.

Biden's strategy might be that he can only harm himself by showing up so just let Trump self-implode.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Aug 6, 20 8:14
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It must really stink to live in Wisconsin if three and a half years later you're still crying ''Whaaaa, Hillary ignore me''

And then crying ''Biden's ignoring me too'' even though we are in a world wide pandemic.

But, it's easier than admitting you voted for Trump and will again.

They really had no choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It must really stink to live in Wisconsin if three and a half years later you're still crying ''Whaaaa, Hillary ignore me''

And then crying ''Biden's ignoring me too'' even though we are in a world wide pandemic.

But, it's easier than admitting you voted for Trump and will again.

They really had no choice.
How could you possibly make an informed decision if they don't visit an arbitrary location based on where you live? Which is more important a set of principles you agree with or if they visit some arbitrary location relative to where you live? Obviously, the arbitrary location is more important for smart people.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [fat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fat wrote:
907Tri wrote:
I lived in Wisconsin in 2016. I wasn't a Hillary fan but definitely didn't want Trump.

After she lost the primary I figured when she came to visit I would go and see what she offered. She never came, I never voted for her.

I really disliked her attitude and I felt she didn't need my vote and thought she would win.

+1, same for me.

So regardless of all of the commercials, the speeches, the years in the public eye, it took a visit to Wisconsin to convince you to vote for her? Come on, you weren't going to vote for her and this is the excuse.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:

can i offer another option? you were presented a binary choice. you had ample opportunity to make up your mind. you choose poorly. own what you did. don't repeat your mistake. don't blame it on somebody else.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
fat wrote:
907Tri wrote:

+1, same for me.

So regardless of all of the commercials, the speeches, the years in the public eye, it took a visit to Wisconsin to convince you to vote for her? Come on, you weren't going to vote for her and this is the excuse.

Out of curiosity, do presidents ever really do anything state specific?

I'm imagining picking the coach of a football team in the same manner. "He needs to be a solid family man who goes to church on Sundays. But if he doesn't visit my state, then I'm not interested. Oh, and if his supporters tell me I'm dumb for picking the bad coach over him, well, then I'm going to do it and it'll be all their fault for ridiculing me!"

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
907Tri wrote:

can i offer another option? you were presented a binary choice. you had ample opportunity to make up your mind. you choose poorly. own what you did. don't repeat your mistake. don't blame it on somebody else.

Kanye 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Yeah this is what frustrates me with people injecting their opinions on my choices.

Yes I did own and and mentioned I regret it.

I am not blaming it on someone else, but neither candidate earned my vote. We all choose for who we vote for differently.

If there is one thing I have learned over the past 4 years and moving to a very red state it is this.

Many people voted for Trump for a myriad of reasons, but what keeps coming up the most is many felt they could relate to Trump and that he put Americans first. It was similar to Obama and his message of Hope if 2008.

I have seen a much different world since 2016 and many people really identify with Trump and his personality that no other politician ever has. He doesn't speak well, but people don't want great speakers, they want someone that can talk at their level. Say what you want about Trump but that is why so many absolutely love him.

For me I couldn't identify, relate, or trust either candidate. In 2016 you were not getting my vote as the lesser of the two evils, you earn my vote because I am paying you.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Look, I understand having to heavily modify the DNC Convention. But, Biden just announced he will not travel in person to Milwaukee to accept the nomination. There has been a lot of chatter by my Donkey friends and my Donkey Operative friends pointing out that Biden has not been here and plans absolutely no visits. The WI DNC has been promising a lot of money for Milwaukee due to this convention, which is now not going to happen. They are now scrambling to rally the troops who were looking forward to this "party."

People are ridiculously fickle. If Biden thinks he can ignore Wisconsin, well, maybe he is right. But, history does not support that position and, to be honest, I cannot figure out why he seems to be flirting with attempts to snatch defeat from the hands of victory....

You're assuming that Clinton's visits to Wisconsin would have helped her.

In 2016, the most visited States by Clinton were Penn, Ohio and Florida and she lost each.

Biden's strategy might be that he can only harm himself by showing up so just let Trump self-implode.

that appears to be the nationwide Biden strategy not just the WI Biden strategy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

I think your separation of attending "the convention" which happens to be in Milwaukee and "campaigning" in Wisconsin are two different items. Which you helped differentiate in a subsequent post.

Biden not attending the acceptance, yeah, maybe that's a smart choice on his part to stay healthy but maybe not the best strategic move for the Dem party and the convention. A little air out of the room but there's a pandemic on and the Dem party in Milwaukee is toast anyway.

His not campaigning in Wisconsin? Well, he's spending money on ads, but I think his best play is to stay in the basement and just let the opposition keep destroying themselves. If Trump wants to hurt Trump's chances, well then stand back and let him. Biden cannot play in the Trump-defined sandbox anyway, Trump wins in any head-to-head spat match. Just.stay.out.of.the.way and let Trump self-destruct. People mostly aren't electing Biden, they're simply trying to elect anyone but Trump. Sure, Biden, like Hillary, has all kinds of position papers which the vast majority of voters aren't going to bother to even glance at nor digest in any capacity. Their N=1 conversation about a slight from a Union rep from 27 years ago or from Fred at the gas station carries more weight.

And as another poster said, the people of Wisconsin elected, then re-elected Ron Johnson. Almost anyone who can fog a mirror sees what a light-weight Johnson is. Almost anyone, except a majority of voters in Wisconsin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Slowman wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Yeah this is what frustrates me with people injecting their opinions on my choices.

Yes I did own and and mentioned I regret it.

I am not blaming it on someone else, but neither candidate earned my vote. We all choose for who we vote for differently.

If there is one thing I have learned over the past 4 years and moving to a very red state it is this.

Many people voted for Trump for a myriad of reasons, but what keeps coming up the most is many felt they could relate to Trump and that he put Americans first. It was similar to Obama and his message of Hope if 2008.

I have seen a much different world since 2016 and many people really identify with Trump and his personality that no other politician ever has. He doesn't speak well, but people don't want great speakers, they want someone that can talk at their level. Say what you want about Trump but that is why so many absolutely love him.

For me I couldn't identify, relate, or trust either candidate. In 2016 you were not getting my vote as the lesser of the two evils, you earn my vote because I am paying you.

hillary earned your vote. she earned it because she was smart, qualified, effective. in everything she did, she was pretty effective. you chose not to vote for her because you didn't like her. okay. but what i keep hearing about trump supporters is that they aren't voting for pastor, father, husband. you tell me why trump is given the pass on everything that should speak volumes, but hillary is held to some standard that is unattainable.

democrats didn't blow it, my friend. foolish voters blew it. there's a thread on hillary right now. what would be different in america if hillary was elected? we'd have 20,000 coronavirus deaths instead of 160,000. NATO would be our ally, and russia our adversary. we wouldn't have a trade war. or a president whose words have become irrelevant because the whole world has awoken to the fact that what our president says carries exactly zero weight.

but if hillary were elected, you would be uninspired by your leader. hillary did not inspire you. so you chose another option, and you got what you chose, and you're now asking democrats not to blow it again? this is like having a spouse that you got a little too used to, and you strayed, you wanted a little strange, and you certainly got strange, and you saw the consequences of strange, and now you're asking your spouse to not blow it again. okay.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's fascinating that you are telling me Hillary earned my vote knowing absolutely nothing about me or what I wanted I 2016 or what was important to me.

Being a lifelong democrat from one of the most liberal cities in the US (Madison, WI) this is the attitude that frustrates me so much.

I got what I chose and I voted in 2016 just didn't check a box on the presidential ballot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why was the DNC slated for Wisconsin? I'm going to guess they chose Wisc partially because it is midwest swing state, and partially because of the negative press surrounding being ignored last election.

Now the convention is virtual and the Candidate is snubbing them. There is no reason to think this won't effect the Dem influence in the midwest.... I'd bet if the DNC was in NY or CA, Biden would be told he must attend.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Why was the DNC slated for Wisconsin? I'm going to guess they chose Wisc partially because it is midwest swing state, and partially because of the negative press surrounding being ignored last election.

Now the convention is virtual and the Candidate is snubbing them. There is no reason to think this won't effect the Dem influence in the midwest.... I'd bet if the DNC was in NY or CA, Biden would be told he must attend.

It wouldn't matter in Cali or NY. GOP was slated for FL for a reason too
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
City of Milwaukee put in a bid for the DNC without even discussing if they could handle such a thing.
FYI City of Milwaukee Proper has 1864 sworn in police officers on duty today. The DNC would require another 1800 officers to be added to the force, brought in from outside agencies, etc.

Good thing COVID hit, as a resident of Milwaukee we aren't prepared at all for something like this anyway. Even if Biden did come, no way he's winning Wisconsin.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:
jmh wrote:
And somehow Kanye got on the ballot in your state. Not sure if that matters, but some of the GOP folks in your state thought it was important.

Why do you hate choice?

Why did he need help? Fucking lawyers.

I dunno. I'm just trying to figure out why you want to keep Kanye down. What about him offends you?

Other than being unqualified and halfassed in his effort and that his music sucks, nothing offends me about him.

Do we really need another idiot on the ballot?

"Unqualified." Oh, well, golly, we can't have that ...

Look, you strike me as the type of guy who has been eating vanilla ice cream for that last 60 years. But, don't hate on those of us who still enjoy sampling at 31 Flavors!

It’s a sad little move that reeks of desperation by a ballwashing lawyer that knows that her primary clown needs help. It really is pathetic.

Not sure why you hate Kayne so much. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary ignored Wisconsin and look what happened. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Seriously though. Look at the state of your country right now.

How anyone with a brain in their head could vote for him again is absolutely beyond me.

So vote how you will. You’ll get the President you deserve.

You are preaching to the choir my brother from a northern mother!

I don't know how many times I have to keep saying - people are fickle! Team Donkey should have a layup here and they just seem to keep committing unforced errors!

We got the POTUS we deserved in 2016. We did. I fear history will repeat itself.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
First of all, I agree with your post assuming that there's no additional information that would clear it up.

Having said that, he can win without Wisconsin. I'm only guessing that MAYBE because of the pandemic, he's picking and choosing where to focus, and PA and OH are going to take priority.

Again, just a guess.

Assuming no drastic demographic changes, he needs to pick up 43 points from Hillary:

FL - 29
PA - 20
OH - 18
MI - 16
WI - 10
IA - 6

If he's going to neglect anything, it would be Iowa, and then Wisconsin.

You are absolute right - he CAN. He is, technically, able to do so. But, why play with fire??????

That's my only point. I don't understand the strategy and he is pissing off his own people. Now, of course that is NOT going to make them switch votes. Not at all. But, Hillary lost WI in large part due to voter turnout and that could happen again with Biden ignoring WI.

I'm not saying he WILL loose WI, I am merely banging my head against the wall asking - WHY??? Admittedly, I am disappointed over the cancellation of the DNC Convention for the simple fact that it would have pumped millions of dollars into MKE.

But, I cannot get over his blowing off the state ...

Quote Reply

Prev Next