Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Come on. What evidence is there that ANYONE is trying to keep schools closed for political gain? That narrative is just BS, and any honest broker knows it.

If you want to have that discussion, by all means, have at it. Nobody here is defending Sen Kennedy's position on school opening. But Francois doesn't get to roll in and claim Sen Kennedy told teachers to kiss his ass.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:
Which, indirectly he is telling to teachers as they are the ones affected by the decision to re-open schools.
I find the statement about keeping schools closed for political gain rather ironic. Since, the WH and its enablers are re-opening schools precisely for political gain.

No. Just no. He made a very specific statement, and was careful to acknowledge opposing viewpoints, and you tried to gaslight the LR. I think we have enough of that in the real world already, so there's no need for you to add to it.

You don't have to agree with him, for sure. But you don't get to claim he told teachers to kiss his ass either.

Come on. What evidence is there that ANYONE is trying to keep schools closed for political gain? That narrative is just BS, and any honest broker knows it.

It is so very Trumpian to do some thing for political gain (insist schools must re-open, without a coherent plan to do so safely), and then accuse those who are concerned about the health risks of pushing back only for political gain.

So I agree with Francois. Sen Kennedy knows exactly what he's doing. If he's really concerned with the health and safety of kids, teachers, administrators and other employees, he should be working constructively to find solutions, not using divisive language as he did.

Hey look you tried to make the thread about Trump. Kudos for waiting until the third sentence. Therapy is working albeit slowly it seems.

Hey look, your instinct to defend Trump pops up in about your third post of the thread. Of course this is about Trump. Stop being an ass.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

If you want to have that discussion, by all means, have at it. Nobody here is defending Sen Kennedy's position on school opening. But Francois doesn't get to roll in and claim Sen Kennedy told teachers to kiss his ass.

EXACTLY

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Since I didn't interpret his comments the way you did, you just can't argue that. His statements are a F off to teachers. Period.

I can argue that you lied in your OP and with the title of your thread, which is what I'm arguing.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There. I fixed the original title...Are you still disagreeing with it now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Since I didn't interpret his comments the way you did, you just can't argue that. His statements are a F off to teachers. Period.

You're interpretation is wrong. I'm impressed at the double down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
There. I fixed the original title...Are you still disagreeing with it now?

Well, at least now you're lying about a different group of people that he supposedly told to kiss his ass.

You're a pretty smart guy. Maybe on the third try you could get it right.

Fuck. I guess some of you have just given up on the high road, and are perfectly fine with stooping to the level of the opponent you've been railing against for almost 4 years.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonder if he tells Trump to kiss his ass for demanding that schools open for political reasons. I mean, that would be consistent at least
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:
Which, indirectly he is telling to teachers as they are the ones affected by the decision to re-open schools.
I find the statement about keeping schools closed for political gain rather ironic. Since, the WH and its enablers are re-opening schools precisely for political gain.

No. Just no. He made a very specific statement, and was careful to acknowledge opposing viewpoints, and you tried to gaslight the LR. I think we have enough of that in the real world already, so there's no need for you to add to it.

You don't have to agree with him, for sure. But you don't get to claim he told teachers to kiss his ass either.

It is so very Trumpian to do some thing for political gain (insist schools must re-open, without a coherent plan to do so safely), and then accuse those who are concerned about the health risks of pushing back only for political gain.

So I agree with Francois. Sen Kennedy knows exactly what he's doing. If he's really concerned with the health and safety of kids, teachers, administrators and other employees, he should be working constructively to find solutions, not using divisive language as he did.

Hey look you tried to make the thread about Trump. Kudos for waiting until the third sentence. Therapy is working albeit slowly it seems.

Hey look, your instinct to defend Trump pops up in about your third post of the thread. Of course this is about Trump. Stop being an ass.

Yup calling you out is defending Trump. You and Francois seem to have the same interpretation skills today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

Yup calling you out is defending Trump. You and Francois seem to have the same interpretation skills today.

No. Trying to pretend this isn't about Trump is defending Trump. You're trying to distance Trump from the issue, when his greasy, fat, stubby fingers are all over it.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Folks who support Teachers and their safety: they can kiss my ass [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope, you are still wrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, if schools don’t open, they get no funding. Are we going to keep paying for schools or labor that are not providing a service? My son is supposed to start his senior year The third week of august. Not a peep, phones not being answered by humans, Calls not being returned.
Every neighbor I talk to wants their children back in school. Except for the one that calls the sheriff when kids are playing in the park.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
Francois wrote:

No, he is not saying that to teachers at all. In his exact quote, he is directing his message to those people who want to use children as pawns in this disgusting game. Now, some of those people may be teachers, or plumbers, or doctors, or hairdressers, or mechanics....do you see where this is going?

There is no indirect message. There is a direct message because, well, he specifically identified the group he was talking about.

He must be really pissed at DeVos and Trump then.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

No. Trying to pretend this isn't about Trump is defending Trump. You're trying to distance Trump from the issue, when his greasy, fat, stubby fingers are all over it.

I thought the issue was a blatantly false and misleading original post and subject that has now been even more bastardized?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can appreciate the anger or zeal in disagreeing with offering our children and employees as sacrifices to the golden calf of American consumerism.........but, the tactic on misrepresenting what he actually said is low brow.

He didn't specifically tell teachers to kiss his ass. I don't even feel that was implied.

It's more productive to use the actual full context quotes of people like him.

Our governor said it how it is yesterday. This isn't the actual quote, but from what I remember it sounded like "if you want the kids to go to school, wear the damn mask and follow the rules!" All the people bitching about wanting to reopen and send kids to school not following any good guidelines at all. Acting like it's fake.

I really wonder how WWII would go down today. Trying to convince the populace to sacrifice monetarily and socially (outside of the human toll).
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [DEEPSEADOC/E-9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many schools are planning for online teaching. Technologically, it's doable. Should someone be answering the phone? Absolutely. Should education continue? Absolutely.
There are many things we can do to make it as safe as possible, without pushing all the responsibilities down to teachers. Without making it unsafe for them either.
I am not arguing against reopening. I'm arguing against reopening with a real plan, with support from leadership at the state and federal level.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

I really wonder how WWII would go down today. Trying to convince the populace to sacrifice monetarily and socially (outside of the human toll).

France would still surrender
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

I thought the issue was a blatantly false and misleading original post and subject that has now been even more bastardized?

Whatever. I said Kennedy was being Trumpian, which he was. You didn't like that. It was not off topic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

Whatever. I said Kennedy was being Trumpian, which he was. You didn't like that. It was not off topic.

So he was being Vichy?
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I said, my intent was not to misrepresent what he said. I said it multiple times. I took his comment as a F U to the teachers, and thus indirectly telling them to kiss his ass.

Now, if there were additional statements clarifying what he said, and that were not in the article I posted, I'm happy to stand corrected. But based on that article, I still think it's implied.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw the thread, title, post, and then clicked on the article without reading any replies.

Read the article, then went to write a reply and saw the thread had already gone exactly the way I'd hope/expect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
As I said, my intent was not to misrepresent what he said.

You didn't misrepresent you created a fiction out of whole cloth.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Francois wrote:

No, he is not saying that to teachers at all. In his exact quote, he is directing his message to those people who want to use children as pawns in this disgusting game. Now, some of those people may be teachers, or plumbers, or doctors, or hairdressers, or mechanics....do you see where this is going?

There is no indirect message. There is a direct message because, well, he specifically identified the group he was talking about.

He must be really pissed at DeVos and Trump then.

I have no idea who he is pissed at. What I do know is that this quote was about the rationale behind making a decision. Whether or not opening schools is the right answer, I can absolutely support someone who wants that decision made for the right reasons. He is not telling teachers to fuck off. Francois even offered his own thoughts as to how opening schools could be beneficial. So maybe thats the conversation people want to have, even in the face of this pandemic, people are looking at possible pros vs cons. If Francois can find those possible pros, why is it so asinine for a politician to want reasons based in that logic as well? Nope, instead, he's got to have some ulterior motive. Must light up the torches and grab the pitchforks!

His quote was telling people using children as pawns to fuck off. Not teachers. What is wrong with wanting people to be grounded and use sound logic?

Again, if I tell people who want to get married for the wrong reasons that they're assholes, am I then telling all people who want to get married that they are assholes? Am I telling ministers or priests that they're assholes? What about the wedding venues? In fact, if I call out people who cheat the system and tell them they're assholes, am I telling ANYONE else other than that specific population that they are assholes? No, this whole thread is stupid and Francois is doubling down.

Why is Francois so caught up on teachers? Why doesn't he think he's telling the students to kiss his ass? Or the parents?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
As I said, my intent was not to misrepresent what he said.

Nonsense. Either your intent was to misrepresent his comments, or you are too lazy to have read the article, or you are too stupid to understand that your OP was a lie.

You can pick any of the three options above, but you can't credibly claim that you were quoting his specific comments towards people with political motives, but interpreting them as directed towards teachers in a general figurative way.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So maybe thats the conversation people want to have, even in the face of this pandemic, people are looking at possible pros vs cons.

If only Sen Kennedy had said something like that,....oh wait, he did. He specifically stated that he understands there are people with good faith reasons for not wanting to reopen, and that he wants to have that debate.

We could have had a realistic and well thought out debate on school reopening, based on Sen Kennedy's interview. Instead, we're arguing about why Francois decided to use the same lying and misleading tactics he and so many (including myself) have decried when used by Pres Trump and his surrogates.

He really should be embarrassed.

Slowguy

Quote Reply

Prev Next