Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
LA Senator to Folks who support Teachers and their safety: they can kiss my ass
Quote | Reply
https://www.newsweek.com/...FB_2ALduV-XUDAclCGEg

I hope Louisiana remembers when it's time to vote.
Last edited by: Francois: Jul 15, 20 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since you made a misleading subject line let me put the whole quote here. Feel free to change the subject.

Quote:
"There are some people who want to keep our schools closed because they think it gives them a political advantage. They are using our kids as political pawns. To them I say, unashamedly, that they can kiss my a**," he said. The GOP lawmaker noted, however, that there are some people who have "good faith" disagreements with his position.
Last edited by: windywave: Jul 15, 20 7:11
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can kiss my ass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

I'm not a fan, but it's maybe worth providing full context. Sen Kennedy did not say that teachers can kiss his ass. He said that there are some people who want to keep schools closed to gain political advantage, and that those people can kiss his ass.

He also said that he knows that some people disagree with him in good faith about the risk of opening schools, that he respects that position, and would like to have that debate.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
You can kiss my ass.

I was expecting immediate capitulation.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

I'm not a fan, but it's maybe worth providing full context. Sen Kennedy did not say that teachers can kiss his ass. He said that there are some people who want to keep schools closed to gain political advantage, and that those people can kiss his ass.

He also said that he knows that some people disagree with him in good faith about the risk of opening schools, that he respects that position, and would like to have that debate.

Do not let things like accuracy get in the way of the messaging
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Francois wrote:
You can kiss my ass.

I was expecting immediate capitulation.

+1000 points

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which, indirectly he is telling to teachers as they are the ones affected by the decision to re-open schools.
I find the statement about keeping schools closed for political gain rather ironic. Since, the WH and its enablers are re-opening schools precisely for political gain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Which, indirectly he is telling to teachers as they are the ones affected by the decision to re-open schools.
I find the statement about keeping schools closed for political gain rather ironic. Since, the WH and its enablers are re-opening schools precisely for political gain.

No. Just no. He made a very specific statement, and was careful to acknowledge opposing viewpoints, and you tried to gaslight the LR. I think we have enough of that in the real world already, so there's no need for you to add to it.

You don't have to agree with him, for sure. But you don't get to claim he told teachers to kiss his ass either.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Oh so it's indirectly now? Kinda how the Wermacht indirectly attacked the Maginot line?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

How is the WH opening schools in local school districts? If the schools in my district open on Sept 1st you believe this is because the WH opened them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Why stup to the far rights tactic's. Your headline is beyond misleading and down right false, that's not what he said to teachers.

I don't get it, you only make yourself look like them and by using their same techniques you in a way validate it all.

JUST STOP..
His quote is bad enough on its own, it doesn't need twisting.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then you and I will just agree to disagree. His stated

"America's going through a rough patch right now. Some people seem to be enjoying it. Maybe they just hate America. Maybe they just enjoy watching the world burn. I think some are liking the chaos because they think it gives them a political advantage. Part of that chaos is caused by school's closing. For our kids, we need to open them,"

Besides the idiotic statements that people hate America and want to see the world burn, ending with "for our kids we need to open them" is just a major F U. Like many other states, they have no real plan in place. It's let's open schools and see what happens. He's just taking orders from the WH.

And for the record, there are some rationale to reopening schools for kids: increased violence at home, food insecurities among others. But just not without a plan.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
Francois wrote:

How is the WH opening schools in local school districts? If the schools in my district open on Sept 1st you believe this is because the WH opened them?

Cut him some slack. The lack of cheese in his area of Florida makes him grumpy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

No, he is not saying that to teachers at all. In his exact quote, he is directing his message to those people who want to use children as pawns in this disgusting game. Now, some of those people may be teachers, or plumbers, or doctors, or hairdressers, or mechanics....do you see where this is going?

There is no indirect message. There is a direct message because, well, he specifically identified the group he was talking about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

No. Just no. He made a very specific statement, and was careful to acknowledge opposing viewpoints, and you tried to gaslight the LR. I think we have enough of that in the real world already, so there's no need for you to add to it.

You don't have to agree with him, for sure. But you don't get to claim he told teachers to kiss his ass either.

Come on. What evidence is there that ANYONE is trying to keep schools closed for political gain? That narrative is just BS, and any honest broker knows it.

It is so very Trumpian to do some thing for political gain (insist schools must re-open, without a coherent plan to do so safely), and then accuse those who are concerned about the health risks of pushing back only for political gain.

So I agree with Francois. Sen Kennedy knows exactly what he's doing. If he's really concerned with the health and safety of kids, teachers, administrators and other employees, he should be working constructively to find solutions, not using divisive language as he did.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The WH has already threatened to withhold federal funding to schools who refuse to reopen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Then you and I will just agree to disagree. His stated

"America's going through a rough patch right now. Some people seem to be enjoying it. Maybe they just hate America. Maybe they just enjoy watching the world burn. I think some are liking the chaos because they think it gives them a political advantage. Part of that chaos is caused by school's closing. For our kids, we need to open them,"

Besides the idiotic statements that people hate America and want to see the world burn, ending with "for our kids we need to open them" is just a major F U. Like many other states, they have no real plan in place. It's let's open schools and see what happens. He's just taking orders from the WH.

And for the record, there are some rationale to reopening schools for kids: increased violence at home, food insecurities among others. But just not without a plan.

Cough Cough Anerican Academy of Pediatrics cough cough.

Sorry I had some baguette crumbs in my throat that I choked on when I read your post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're not agreeing to disagree. You lied. You tried to gaslight the LR and got called on it.

If you wanted to debate the validity of Sen Kennedy's position on opening schools, you could have done so honestly, but you chose not to, in favor of going with clickbait headlines that deliberately misrepresented his comments.

You'd think people so opposed to Pres Trump based on his record of lying and misleading, you'd have some aversion to doing the same thing.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree with you. Maybe I'm wrong. But I still take his statement as a major F off to teachers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
ending with "for our kids we need to open them" is just a major F U.

No, it is not a major "fuck you" to anyone. He clearly stated using the kids as political pawns was what he disagreed with. There may be some valid reasons for opening or not opening, some of which you yourself just stated. So its pretty clear to see he supports decisions made in good faith, while at the same time telling people to kiss his ass if the decisions are made unethically.

I support people getting married if they love each other and want to start a family. I do not support people who get married to cheat the system. To the latter group, I tell them they can kiss my ass.

See the difference? Same outcome, different levels of support from me.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

Come on. What evidence is there that ANYONE is trying to keep schools closed for political gain? That narrative is just BS, and any honest broker knows it.

It is so very Trumpian to do some thing for political gain (insist schools must re-open, without a coherent plan to do so safely), and then accuse those who are concerned about the health risks of pushing back only for political gain.

So I agree with Francois. Sen Kennedy knows exactly what he's doing. If he's really concerned with the health and safety of kids, teachers, administrators and other employees, he should be working constructively to find solutions, not using divisive language as he did.

Hey look you tried to make the thread about Trump. Kudos for waiting until the third sentence. Therapy is working albeit slowly it seems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I disagree with you. Maybe I'm wrong. But I still take his statement as a major F off to teachers.

Well you're wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
The WH has already threatened to withhold federal funding to schools who refuse to reopen.

So if my school district re-opens on Sept 1 it is because the WH and their enablers re-opened it. Correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I didn't interpret his comments the way you did, you just can't argue that. His statements are a F off to teachers. Period.
Quote Reply

Prev Next