Week 5 - Tony
Week 6 - Adam
Week 7 - Ben
Week 8 - Sarah
Week 9 - Tyson
Week 10 - Jeremy
Week 11 - Michelle
Week 12 Denise

If they are going to have exile they need to bring them back now. Otherwise that person just gets a bye to the end.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm down to 3 picks - Denise, Tony and Nick, but I need Wendell to come back soon from Extinction.

I pick Tony this week.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rule clarification:

What happens if the only one left to pick is on extinction? Do they win if their person comes back? Lose if their person doesn't? (winner is then the previous person out)
Does it matter if the run out of picks before their person comes back?
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
davec wrote:
Difficult choices for week 1.

Week 1 - Amber Mariano.

Week 2 - Rob.

Week 3 - Sandra

Week 4 - Tony

Week 5 - Denise

Week 6 - Sarah

Week 7 - Jeremy

Week 8 - Kim. Hopefully she flies under the radar for another week.

Week 9 - Tyson.

Week 10 - Ben

Week 11 - Sophie

Week 12 - Michelle.

So you’re saying there’s a chance?

Even though I am almost assuredly out I will still pick. There is a possibility two come back from extinction but neither of my two would be favorites to win but there is still a chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Rule clarification:

What happens if the only one left to pick is on extinction? Do they win if their person comes back? Lose if their person doesn't? (winner is then the previous person out)

My understanding is that once you are out of picks you are out. You can’t pick a person on extinction as they have been voted out but you can pick them if they return to the main island and you hadn’t previously picked them but only if you still have picks remaining.

The producers have really complicated our game. It used to be so simple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes that is correct. Can't wait to see what happens tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
timbasile wrote:
Rule clarification:

My understanding is that once you are out of picks you are out. You can’t pick a person on extinction as they have been voted out but you can pick them if they return to the main island and you hadn’t previously picked them but only if you still have picks remaining.

Not that it matters but I am picking rob this week

So here is my interpretation of the game.. If Denise is not sent to the island tonight then JPO wins, as he is the only one in the game with a pick left.

If Denise is sent packing then I guess .. I don't know what we do, I would say Kay and Apollo split the winnings and the glory and are co-champions since they are out of picks but still in??

All of this based on no one returning from exile.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
davec wrote:
timbasile wrote:
Rule clarification:

So here is my interpretation of the game.. If Denise is not sent to the island tonight then JPO wins, as he is the only one in the game with a pick left.

If Denise is sent packing then I guess .. I don't know what we do, I would say Kay and Apollo split the winnings and the glory and are co-champions since they are out of picks but still in??

If I go to exile tonight and none of our losers come back, yeah, they'd win because they wouldn't have to make a pick until next week.

But, and this is where it gets complicated, the rest of us would need to keep picking in case our loser comes back from Exile, whenever that is. Because we aren't really out until our loser doesn't come back or we can't make a pick. Just like Kay and Apollo aren't out until they have to make a pick. If someone is able to keep making picks until their loser comes back from Exile, then they are back in the game.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
davec wrote:
timbasile wrote:
Rule clarification:

Didn't notice this before - Rob has been out for weeks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
davec wrote:
timbasile wrote:
Rule clarification:

To clarify for future seasons, you shouldn’t be able to pick a person on exile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The king is dead. Long live the King.

Congrats to JPO.

How is Tony still in the game? He is batsh*@ crazy. You have immunity, so what if Kim mentioned your name. Jeremy is a major threat. Kim is not. WTF?

Tribals with everyone whispering and conniving is getting old. I liked Denise’s attitude. Shut up and vote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Congrats to JPO.

How is Tony still in the game? He is batsh*@ crazy. You have immunity, so what if Kim mentioned your name. Jeremy is a major threat. Kim is not. WTF?

Tribals with everyone whispering and conniving is getting old. I liked Denise’s attitude. Shut up and vote.

I just realized that no matter the scenario I win. :)

They need to make another rule change and make them stay in their seats. If they want to talk fine, but do it from where you are. Players have adapted and it has gotten stupid.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Congrats to JPO.

It's about voting blocks. Tony, Sarah, Jeremy and Michele realised that if one of them was voted out they would be 3-4 down in numbers, because they sensed Kim, Nick, Denise and Ben were forming a block. Michele could (and did) stay under the radar, but if Jeremy was voted out then Tony and Sarah would have been picked off easily after that.

The dumbest thing that happened in that episode was Kim, Michele and Nick all quitting the immunity challenge for cookies. They deserve to lose for that. They were only fifteen minutes into a challenge that Parvati won in 6 hours on a prior season!

Well done JPO!
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I was still in the game, contingent on Wendell returning from Extinction. I still have two picks left, I believe (Nick and Denise)

Though full disclosure: I did argue at the start that we should use voted out instead of eliminated, as our criteria but was outvoted on the rule clarification.
Last edited by: timbasile: May 1, 20 11:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I thought I was still in the game, contingent on Wendell returning from Extinction. I still have two picks left, I believe (Nick and Denise)

Though full disclosure: I did argue at the start that we should use voted out instead of eliminated, as our criteria but was outvoted on the rule clarification.

I thought you only had Nick left. You have Nick and Sarah. So yeah, you are still in if Wendell comes back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
davec wrote:
timbasile wrote:
Rule clarification:

To clarify for future seasons, you shouldn’t be able to pick a person on exile.

Yes, I screwed up.. also need to fill those in on my chart in the future..

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:

In theory, we could keep the exile picks going. But since there is one person left in the main game, I view that as a win for them.. Had more stuck around then someone might come back of exile, but in my view the game ended and we all got stuck on exile, sucks to be us. Hope they at least send a boat to get us off. LOL

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have no picks left and your pick is in exile. You are done. Your pick may come back but they are not back... it's over. It's much more complicated now... that is the reason for all the bizarre tribal's and confusion amongst seasoned players. This started as checkers moved to chess and is now three layered chess with all the changes and possibilities. ( I understand that the game has to evolve but starting to feel they may have gotten ahead of themselves ) it will be interesting to see how this unfolds for the live show and finale.
Last edited by: NormM: May 1, 20 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just checking in on this thread as I thought there were a few still standing. Looks like JPO has won bragging rights. Congrats!

To keep this thread going, who do you think:
(1) will make it back from the Edge, and
(2) will win it all?

My guesses:
(1) Rob
(2) Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exile- difficult to say without knowing the challenge. My money would be on Rob, Yul or Tyson.

A neat twist would be they have the edgers team up for the challenge and two come back.

Overall, Tony is batsh&$ crazy but he is winning challenges and still has an idol.

We still don’t know exactly what impact the fire tokens will have.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
timbasile wrote:

I thought you only had Nick left. You have Nick and Sarah. So yeah, you are still in if Wendell comes back.

Just in case Timbasile picks and Wendell comes back. I'll make my last pick of Nick. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
j p o wrote:
timbasile wrote:

Just in case Timbasile picks and Wendell comes back. I'll make my last pick of Nick. :)

I still have a 0.000000000000000001% chance.

I have Nick left and Amber and Sophie both need to come back from exile.

There is a chance.
Last edited by: davec: May 6, 20 20:05
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
I was just checking in on this thread as I thought there were a few still standing. Looks like JPO has won bragging rights. Congrats!

(2) will win it all?

My guesses:
(1) Rob
(2) Sarah

1. Natalie
2. Denise
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Apollo71 wrote:

(2) will win it all?

My guesses:
(1) Rob
(2) Sarah

1. Natalie
2. Denise

1. Natalie
2. Rob. Never count him out.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply

Prev Next