Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid to play this again, I always do so badly....but here goes anyway.....

Week 1: Sarah Lacina
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob and Amber have had how ever long lead up time from finding out they were doing this to getting out there ( weeks/months) to make all kinds of plans, contingencies, if-then's and how they can work together even things they can do while they are on separate tribes with the people they may know from previous games. Big targets for sure. Plus it will be interesting to see what curve balls or new things Probst might throw in for this game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so hopefully, I can keep up.
I propose same rules as excile island before.

your not out, till they actually go home... But your on borrowed time if your pick goes to exile island. though thinking none of them will actually quit off exile island this season. Which means we all get to pick till the end...

Or we say getting sent to exile ends your game here?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who do you love?

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well is Dave C done or just on Exile???
I vote just on exile, keep picking Dave.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turn out the lights, the parties over. At least it wasn’t the first vote.

WTF, have these people played the game before? Sandra and Rob don’t even get a vote?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

The trouble here is that if they go the same way that they did before, it was down to 5 players before people were definitively out of the game. By that time, most of us are all out of picks anyway. In the meantime, I'll note that he's technically at an advantage since he's got 18 picks remaining, while the rest of us have 17.

I'll suggest the following: if you pick a player who gets voted out, you're in the game until that player loses the next available return challenge. In other words, Amber has to win the return challenge that will likely take place at the merge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Turn out the lights, the parties over. At least it wasn’t the first vote.

WTF, have these people played the game before? Sandra and Rob don’t even get a vote?

Rob and Sandra definitely showed their skill at this game. Both of them were in the mix for early conversations on who gets voted out, and they both were able to shut it down very quickly and paint a target on someone else's back. Rob's move to confront Danni putting out his name and to shake out the info from Ben was especially clever. He realized that at the early stage people don't yet have solidified alliances yet and so was able to exploit the fact that she wouldn't have wanted Rob gunning for her so early in order to defuse the situation. Its a move that probably wouldn't have worked after a few more tribals once everyone got a feel for whom they could trust.

This looks to be a good season. We'll see how the fire tokens work out, but it seems like they're primed to add a layer of strategy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
too late to get in? I have't watched survivor since probably S3, but follow a couple of poker players who have either been on Survivor or Big Brother and somewhat interested in this season. FWIW, I would have picked Adam or Tyson in week 1. No way I would have picked Amber or Rob as they would have been my #1 and 2 to get voted off.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
too late to get in? I have't watched survivor since probably S3, but follow a couple of poker players who have either been on Survivor or Big Brother and somewhat interested in this season. FWIW, I would have picked Adam or Tyson in week 1. No way I would have picked Amber or Rob as they would have been my #1 and 2 to get voted off.

We have let people miss a week by picking two the next week. I see no problem with that here. It isn't like we have anything riding on this.

And for Exile didn't we have them keep picking until their person is out? Not sure what to do when they end up with multiple people on Exile. We need Rob Manfred to step in and tell us what to do.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

We have let people miss a week by picking two the next week. I see no problem with that here. It isn't like we have anything riding on this.

And for Exile didn't we have them keep picking until their person is out? Not sure what to do when they end up with multiple people on Exile. We need Rob Manfred to step in and tell us what to do.

Yes TimeIsUp pick 2 next week.

Since it appears only 1 will come back from Exile (assuming they follow the last time rules). If you get a 2nd pic that hits and goes to Exile, your out.

If our game ends (everyone is out of picks) before exile gets resolved, I would say game over and the last person to run out of picks wins.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that makes sense to go with your suggestion. If they throw another curveball in how they do exile we can reconsider. For now I would be willing to go along with this.

timbasile wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

The trouble here is that if they go the same way that they did before, it was down to 5 players before people were definitively out of the game. By that time, most of us are all out of picks anyway. In the meantime, I'll note that he's technically at an advantage since he's got 18 picks remaining, while the rest of us have 17.

I'll suggest the following: if you pick a player who gets voted out, you're in the game until that player loses the next available return challenge. In other words, Amber has to win the return challenge that will likely take place at the merge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
j p o wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Yes TimeIsUp pick 2 next week.

Since it appears only 1 will come back from Exile (assuming they follow the last time rules). If you get a 2nd pic that hits and goes to Exile, your out.

If our game ends (everyone is out of picks) before exile gets resolved, I would say game over and the last person to run out of picks wins.

before I forget. I'll go with Tyson and Ben for week 2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I voted for Sandra back on Feb 5 (post #13). Glad I stayed in!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Week 1 - Rob Mariano

Week 2 - Tyson Apostol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Week 1 - Rob Mariano

Week 2 - Nick Wilson

Another high risk pick but I want to get a few out of the way early that I think will be eliminated quickly.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Difficult choices for week 1.

Week 1 - Amber Mariano.

Week 2 - Rob. Go big or go home.

At LEGOland and Disney next week so getting pick in early.
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
NormM wrote:
It's that time again. Next week Wed. Feb. 12 survivor starts. "For those of you that have not participated before the rules are simple. Choose a survivor before each episode airs. If your pick is not voted off you survive until the next week. Last player with picks remaining wins wealth beyond imagination." : )

Week1 - Ethan Zohn

I see that Norm picked him too. Likable guy, should fly under the radar for the first few tribals.

Getting the kids to help out with my picks this season.

Week 2: Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Week 2 - Jeremy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I'll note that he's technically at an advantage since he's got 18 picks remaining, while the rest of us have 17.

Not technically true, as the only way he gets back in is Ambre rejoins. At which point we (those remaining) would have Amber as an option and he would not. If no one is remaining our game is over, and he doesn't get a chance to come back and its over anyhow.

I guess I like it cause it keeps more people picking longer, even though they have a very slim shot of making it back, there is still hope.

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: Feb 15, 20 8:50
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [JMac650c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMac650c wrote:
Week 1: Sarah Lacina
Week 2: Tony

I've missed a whole lot of conversations....but cool with late joiners, and exile strategy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Week 1: Sandra
Week 2 Tyson

missing a couple still, but this is what I have. Hopefully I have everyone now.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Survivor Winners at War 2020 Pool [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Week 1 - Yul Kwon
Week 2 - Rob

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Week1: Ethan Zohn

Week2: Parvati
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ooks like alibabwa is missing,

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: Feb 19, 20 13:01
Quote Reply

Prev Next