Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I love college football [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
the clearly correct call is now officially #fakenews so the result will not be accepted unless OSU wins. the fix is in.

If OSU doesn't win it's because they didn't punch it in three times. That doesn't mean the fucking fix isn't in

Are you sure you aren't an SEC fan? This is exactly what I hear year after year after year after year.......

I am most assuredly not. I do appreciate some of their coaches and programs but the incessant self-promotion and intellectual dishonesty makes me root against them in aggregate
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:
Yeah #1 vs #4. Pretty bad matchup as we work thru a playoff series.

Any top tier B1G team probably beats LSU but politics kept them out

But there is only 1 top tier B1G team.. and OSU is in the playoff's so what's your point.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:
I am simply responding to your whining about the call--and telling you how, in a more perfect world, I would have made the call

back in the the late 70's early 80s I'd have wrecked Lawrences shit as a D lineman and been proud to do so. But that's not the game these days.

So do you think it was a blown call or not?

No/Yes

the outcome was correct/the specifics of the call were wrong

and the game goes on

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:
I am simply responding to your whining about the call--and telling you how, in a more perfect world, I would have made the call

back in the the late 70's early 80s I'd have wrecked Lawrences shit as a D lineman and been proud to do so. But that's not the game these days.

So do you think it was a blown call or not?

No/Yes

the outcome was correct/the specifics of the call were wrong

and the game goes on

If the wrong guy was ejected using your utopian officiating position how could it be the correct outcome?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fucking horseshit bullshit targeting. Fucking QB fucking dropped his fucking helmet absolute fucking garbage call

I certainly don't think it was the same class of targeting as the idiot OU DB, but as the rules are written today, the OSU DB gets tossed. You got Kirk Mr. OSU Herbstreit himself saying it was targeting. You don't have much to stand on here.

Lookie here, we have a game. Don't have a coronary before you see OSU lose this one.

He didn't strike with the crown or hit a defenseless player. If fucking goldilocks hadn't lowered his helmet it was a perfect form tackle ergo my umbrage

pardon me if I choose to side with Kirk on this one. He would have been first in line to question if it was indeed questionable. Instead, he clearly stated it was targeting.

It isn't that it couldn't technically be called targeting, it is that the way the rule is written is stupid. 6'1" Wade cannot drop his head and hit 6'6" Lawrence helmet to helmet unless Lawrence ducked into the hit.

Sometimes when two guys are running really fast at each other their heads are going to clash. They should wear helmets. Yes he should have kept his face up, but the rule sucks.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets just see how the second half plays out here. Who wins the battle of the locker rooms in terms of coaching adjustments? Which team responds the best.

This is good elite college football my vociferous friend

lets enjoy it

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fucking horseshit bullshit targeting. Fucking QB fucking dropped his fucking helmet absolute fucking garbage call

I certainly don't think it was the same class of targeting as the idiot OU DB, but as the rules are written today, the OSU DB gets tossed. You got Kirk Mr. OSU Herbstreit himself saying it was targeting. You don't have much to stand on here.

Lookie here, we have a game. Don't have a coronary before you see OSU lose this one.

He didn't strike with the crown or hit a defenseless player. If fucking goldilocks hadn't lowered his helmet it was a perfect form tackle ergo my umbrage

pardon me if I choose to side with Kirk on this one. He would have been first in line to question if it was indeed questionable. Instead, he clearly stated it was targeting.

It isn't that it couldn't technically be called targeting, it is that the way the rule is written is stupid. 6'1" Wade cannot drop his head and hit 6'6" Lawrence helmet to helmet unless Lawrence ducked into the hit.

Sometimes when two guys are running really fast at each other their heads are going to clash. They should wear helmets. Yes he should have kept his face up, but the rule sucks.

I like the rule in principle actually. The application in this instance was absolute horseshit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Lets just see how the second half plays out here. Who wins the battle of the locker rooms in terms of coaching adjustments? Which team responds the best.

lets enjoy it

Cluck cluck cluck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

lets enjoy it

The good news is that even if OSU loses my life (minus this fucking flu) has been going really well lately.

The bad news is that even if OSU wins they expect me to go to work Monday.

It would be easier for me to be nonchalant about it if OSU hadn't shown so poorly the last 2 times in the playoffs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

lets enjoy it

Cluck cluck cluck.

You're F'd up on our animal spinning ID toy from childhood. Oregon comes up later

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

lets enjoy it

Cluck cluck cluck.

You're F'd up on our animal spinning ID toy from childhood. Oregon comes up later

That would be quack quack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roughing the kicker

Eyeroll emoji
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

It isn't that it couldn't technically be called targeting, it is that the way the rule is written is stupid.

Yes he should have kept his face up, but the rule sucks.

not going to find an argument from me on this, hence my multiple statements to the effect of "the way the rule is currently written"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Roughing the kicker

Eyeroll emoji

That was a bullshit call. The guy barely even touched him, maybe with his pinkie finger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Roughing the kicker

Eyeroll emoji

Did you see him on the sidelines?

Did you read his texts or letters to his mother, girlfriend, counselor. He could be plenty shaken up over this.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
windywave wrote:
Roughing the kicker

Eyeroll emoji

That was a bullshit call. The guy barely even touched him, maybe with his pinkie finger.

No, that was stupid. The guy who almost got the block missed the kicker. Then the other dude comes in and hits him. OSU is trying really hard to lose this.

Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Joe Burrow and this offensive line are something else.

Just keep in mind, defense is optional in the Big 12.

Clemson starting to make it look like defense is optional in the Big 10 as well. going downhill fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
windywave wrote:
Roughing the kicker

Eyeroll emoji

No, that was stupid. The guy who almost got the block missed the kicker. Then the other dude comes in and hits him. OSU is trying really hard to lose this.

I know. I was just trying to channel my inner Windywave. I even took a sip of listerine to emulate drinking two bottles of Zima.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a ball game now. That’s the way you beat an aggressive D. Thanks for the assist OSU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When there is an ensuing punt from Clemson and it's a poor one---i am going to refer back to Windy's heartless heartless characterization of this previous play.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I even took a sip of listerine to emulate drinking two bottles of Zima.

haha...i almost woke my wife up with the hearty belly laugh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh hell. Put windy on suicide watch

I don't see how they can overturn the call on the field on that one. I would have said the same thing if they called it incomplete. way too close to overturn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
oh hell. Put windy on suicide watch

I don't see how they can overturn the call on the field on that one. I would have said the same thing if they called it incomplete. way too close to overturn.

Well, he only took 3 steps. I don't know what a catch is any more.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of football time left. Plenty of good football left

Windy can go on a ventilator

these are two good teams--well matched.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
windywave wrote:
Roughing the kicker

Eyeroll emoji

OSU is trying really hard to lose this.

Yup. I take solace in the fact either team can roll LSU
Quote Reply

Prev Next