Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I love college football [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time that little bitch runs the option OSU should light him up so by the third quarter he's seeing 22 Buckeyes lined up on the other side of the ball
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

That last hit--the head twisting tackle on Lawrence was ugly. Ejection warranted

You are seriously drunk if you think that should be targeting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not going to disagree on the targeting, but OSU kicking FG's when they should be kicking extra points is not a good thing.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I'm not going to disagree on the targeting, but OSU kicking FG's when they should be kicking extra points is not a good thing.

Not at all. I hate bullshit targeting calls. Fucking ruins the game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SEC crew means one of two things

The SEC is so fucking soft that any contact is targeting even when the QB clearly lowers his goddamn helmet

LSU doesn't want to face OSU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

That last hit--the head twisting tackle on Lawrence was ugly. Ejection warranted

Dude, I played D1 football on the D-line. We had wet dreams about coming in off a block against a undefended QB and totally wrecking him. That's not how the game is played this day. Grabbing the QB about the neck--AFTER he's already being tackled--and twisting his neck as he goes to the ground

That dogs not gonna hunt for ya buddy

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

Dude, I played D1 football on the D-line. We had wet dreams about coming in off a block against a undefended QB and totally wrecking him. That's not how the game is played this day. Grabbing the QB about the neck--AFTER he's already being tackled--and twisting his neck as he goes to the ground

The penalty was for helmet to helmet contact which occurred because the QB lowered his shoulder and consequently his helmet to take on the hit. It was bullshit.

You want to call unsportsmanlike conduct or late hit on the guy who DIDN'T get ejected fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well shit.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

The SEC is so fucking soft that any contact is targeting even when the QB clearly lowers his goddamn helmet

Clemson may be making sure that LSU doesn't have to face OSU. Bwahahahahahahaha.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Well shit.

OSU just needs to keep playing and they will win. I do want the pretty boy hippie knocked out of the game though
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
windywave wrote:

Clemson may be making sure that LSU doesn't have to face OSU. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Evidently you aren't watching. The pivotal point was the fucking horseshit call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

The penalty was for helmet to helmet contact which occurred because the QB lowered his shoulder and consequently his helmet to take on the hit. It was bullshit.

You want to call unsportsmanlike conduct or late hit on the guy who DIDN'T get ejected fine.

Lawrence lowered his shoulder because he was already in the process of being well tackled. Yes, I would agree the call should more properly have been unsportsmanlike conduct and (still) ejection. Ejection was the right and final outcome cause that late neck twisting tackle to injure/intimidate was a No Go in this day and age.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:
windywave wrote:
Steve Hawley wrote:

Lawrence lowered his shoulder because he was already in the process of being well tackled. Yes, I would agree the call should more properly have been unsportsmanlike conduct and (still) ejection. Ejection was the right and final outcome cause that late neck twisting tackle to injure/intimidate was a No Go in this day and age.

Dude the neck twisting was the OTHER guy. Hey Zeus H Christ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Fucking horseshit bullshit targeting. Fucking QB fucking dropped his fucking helmet absolute fucking garbage call

I certainly don't think it was the same class of targeting as the idiot OU DB, but as the rules are written today, the OSU DB gets tossed. You got Kirk Mr. OSU Herbstreit himself saying it was targeting. You don't have much to stand on here.

Lookie here, we have a game. Don't have a coronary before you see OSU lose this one.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [CW in NH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CW in NH wrote:
Amazing that the “evaluation” only took 30s...

that's what happens when it is obvious, as the rules are currently written
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am simply responding to your whining about the call--and telling you how, in a more perfect world, I would have made the call

back in the the late 70's early 80s I'd have wrecked Lawrences shit as a D lineman and been proud to do so. But that's not the game these days.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
windywave wrote:

Evidently you aren't watching. The pivotal point was the fucking horseshit call.

I've been watching. Clemson is improving and might pull this one out. If Clemson does win, I'm going to throw this line out - "You were right. Clemson hasn't play a good team". If they lose, I'll come back and edit this and say that I thought OSU was going to win all along.
Quote Reply
Re: I love college football [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
Fucking horseshit bullshit targeting. Fucking QB fucking dropped his fucking helmet absolute fucking garbage call

I certainly don't think it was the same class of targeting as the idiot OU DB, but as the rules are written today, the OSU DB gets tossed. You got Kirk Mr. OSU Herbstreit himself saying it was targeting. You don't have much to stand on here.

Lookie here, we have a game. Don't have a coronary before you see OSU lose this one.

He didn't strike with the crown or hit a defenseless player. If fucking goldilocks hadn't lowered his helmet it was a perfect form tackle ergo my umbrage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the clearly correct call is now officially #fakenews so the result will not be accepted unless OSU wins. the fix is in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
I am simply responding to your whining about the call--and telling you how, in a more perfect world, I would have made the call

back in the the late 70's early 80s I'd have wrecked Lawrences shit as a D lineman and been proud to do so. But that's not the game these days.

So do you think it was a blown call or not?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
windywave wrote:

I've been watching. Clemson is improving and might pull this one out. If Clemson does win, I'm going to throw this line out - "You were right. Clemson hasn't play a good team". If they lose, I'll come back and edit this and say that I thought OSU was going to win all along.

Way to take a stand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:

He didn't strike with the crown or hit a defenseless player. If fucking goldilocks hadn't lowered his helmet it was a perfect form tackle ergo my umbrage

pardon me if I choose to side with Kirk on this one. He would have been first in line to question if it was indeed questionable. Instead, he clearly stated it was targeting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
the clearly correct call is now officially #fakenews so the result will not be accepted unless OSU wins. the fix is in.

If OSU doesn't win it's because they didn't punch it in three times. That doesn't mean the fucking fix isn't in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
windywave wrote:

pardon me if I choose to side with Kirk on this one. He would have been first in line to question if it was indeed questionable. Instead, he clearly stated it was targeting.

You're relying on Herbie the talking head? That's your defense? Hey Zeus wept.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

If OSU doesn't win it's because they didn't punch it in three times. That doesn't mean the fucking fix isn't in

Are you sure you aren't an SEC fan? This is exactly what I hear year after year after year after year.......
Quote Reply

Prev Next